Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2017 Playoff Tickets & 2018 Season Ticket Renewals

It looks as though the 2017 Playoff Tickets & 2018 Season Ticket Renewals are out in your Account Manager.

2017/2018 prices for an original season ticket in 112 are:

Playoffs: $104 (+10% from $95 in 2016)
    Season: $283 (+20% from $237.50 in 2016)
    Last edited by rowan; 08-15-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys in 112 are lucky. The reds went up a little over 15% - and I thought they were overpriced to begin with! Sigh... seems like I do this hand wringing ever year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got dinged for more than 15% in 114. All TFC2 games included this year, plus CCL game. I guess, I can live with this but hopefully they don't start down that path of raising prices every year for no reason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take paying a bit more for a winning team over "day 1 pricing" for the laughingstock of MLS. Jozy, Michael, and Seba don't come cheap. As long as we don't see the ridiculous price increases that we saw under Paul Bierne or stupid ideas like "ransom packs" I'm OK for now. Obviously at some point they could price me out but so far I can pony up.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was one of the morons that stayed in 127 instead of moving to the south end. We've gone from $228 in 2015 to $430 now. SMH. At this rate I don't even think we can relocate our four seats to the south end. Regretting that decision to stay big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely saw my two seats in 111 go up from $722 to $860. Also pre-paying $270 for the playoffs a month before they actually happen? Ridiculous.

But yes, I'd much rather have this problem than a shitty team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light Grey (105) here, paid 361 a ticket last year, now 430. 20% jump. I still think it's good value even with increase, but they can't get too aggressive every year with pricing because the team won't be great forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't agree more.

Curious though, what do we think are reasonable increases? My medium greys jump ~16% from this season to next. Not enough to chase me out but still pretty big jump. Personally something in around 5-7% seems a little more reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'll take paying a bit more for a winning team over "day 1 pricing" for the laughingstock of MLS. Jozy, Michael, and Seba don't come cheap. As long as we don't see the ridiculous price increases that we saw under Paul Bierne or stupid ideas like "ransom packs" I'm OK for now. Obviously at some point they could price me out but so far I can pony up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The playoffs tickets they are charging for are for two rounds?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark grey (106) price went from $950 to $1125. With the Concacaf game included for a total of 20 games, the per game price went up 12.5% (from $50 to $56.25). Plus the TFC2 tickets on top of that add a bit of extra value. Overall I'm not really complaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The playoffs tickets they are charging for are for two rounds?
    For the knock-out game (which I'll rage if we have to play) and the Conference Semi-Final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks. Price looked pretty high for just one!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From looking at my invoices last year (2016) in 111:

Playoffs (presuming it is for Knockout / Conference Semi-Finals): $270 (no change from 2016)
    *however, I cannot read what the invoice is actually for i.e. Knock out / Eastern Semi, or Eastern Semi and East Final, etc.*
    Season Seats (with Concacaf included, as it was an option last year): $860 (was $760 in 2016 -- approx 10% increase)

I am with Oldtimer in the opinion now that it was expected that Season Seats were going to increase this year (with Concacaf Games now and just how expensive our DPs are) plus paying what amounts to a minimal increase for:
    1) more senior team games,
    2) a better team than the first 8 years of TFC and,
    3) TFC2 games next year.

But I feel as though there will be some dissenters to this opinion.
    Last edited by Cas87; 08-15-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Math is not my strong suit
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two tickets are up about $200 for the season. I think they've gone up 50% in the past three years. Day one pricing is certainly gone eh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium grey in 221 up 11% for me. Was expecting worse to be honest. The product is better and demand is up. My deal seems to be rather cheap compared to others in my section.

Hmm...just noticed we will all get TFCII tickets for next season. Bonus & Freebies I suppose.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two pairs right next to each other. What kills me every year during renewal period is the difference in price between the two pairs. If I had bought the second pair just one year earlier I would save another $300 from what I am being charged today since the loyalty program kicked in around that time. Loyalty should apply to the member and not the date they bought their seats in my opinion. I had my original pair since day 1 so me being an original member and adding a pair 4 years ago should have been honoured at the same price as my initial pair. My seatmate next to me bought his second pair the year before me and has the same price for both his pairs even though he bought them several years apart as well. He just luckily made the cutoff and I didn't. I Know I shouldn't be complaining I guess too much because I am still in a good place at a decent price but man....$300 is $300...know what I am sayin'.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking ML$E.

$135 in 111 for the playoffs. This is consistent with last year's playoff prices (Knockout $65, Conference Semi $70 = $135). Conference Final was $85 and Final was $90.
    $430 in 111 for the season.

So after large increases the past 2 seasons they are doing it again. Whatever similarity in prices that existed between Yellow and Light Grey is long gone. I had the legacy pricing but that has greatly eroded compared to the yellows.

It seems they are justifying it by including TFC2 games https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital...20Contract.pdf

I'd rather pay less since I never go to those, but perhaps others will appreciate having TFC2 seasons for $50. Still feels like an easy cash grab since most people will not take full advantage of this (Do people have enough time to go to this many games on top of the first team?). That said they will be at Lamport and BMO Field so maybe more people will take advantage of this. I just feel like MLSE has forgotten that we are a supporters section as well and have historically been priced much closer to the yellows.

What it looked like the past few years in 111:

2012: 399
    2013: 228 (when things rolled back to year 1 pricing)
    2014: 228
    2015: 228
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase). BTW the home playoff games that did not happen were listed as $40 each for the first 2 games. So in an alternate reality where we beat Montreal, Conference Semi and Conference Final would have been $40 each.
    2017: 380 -- 361 for season + 19 for CCL (subsequently refunded due to CCL format change) <-- Let's call this 20 games for consistency
    2018: 430 for 20 games (no specific breakdown for CCL price, but if we go long in CCL this will cover us until the Semi-Finals *If we assume 2 legs at each stage* so plan for more $$$ for the CCL Final and the Voyageurs Cup games)

I don't have older emails for previous prices but I know they were less than 399 as that was the peak after consistent annual increases. I'm glad I only have my one seat. Not sure how the rest of you afford multiples

Any newer SHH in lower light grey want to chime in? How much are you being dinged (is legacy pricing still a thing)?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowan View Post
    It looks as though the 2017 Playoff Tickets & 2018 Season Ticket Renewals are out in your Account Manager.

2017/2018 prices for an original season ticket in 112 are:

Playoffs: $104 (+10% from $95 in 2016)
    Season: $283 (+10% from $237.50 in 2016)
    Math was never my strong subject,
    but isn't that actually a nearly 20% increase for us Southenders?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one likes increases. But they are a little easier to swallow when we're good.
    I can move my Tix if I can't go.
    I'm getting good value.
    We have some of the top players in the league.

Much better than the previous increases based on how cool the team was in 2009.

$283 for like 19 events in Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My southend pair in 118 is $338 a ticket compared $275 with one more game, 20 up from 19. Now when there was originally a Champions league ticket included in this year package it was going to be $300. I have had my season seats pair since 2009. I originally had light greys. Moved into the southend for the 2016 season, when the price for my pair went from $228 to $323.

We are at the point where the pricing model for yellow/southend is completely separate from the rest of the stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have med grey seats in section 121. Last year I paid $950 per seat. 2018 is now up to $1,095 per seat. That's up almost 15%. It's getting harder to justify keeping my seats. I don't want to give them up though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I have med grey seats in section 121. Last year I paid $950 per seat. 2018 is now up to $1,095 per seat. That's up almost 15%. It's getting harder to justify keeping my seats. I don't want to give them up though.
    I'm med grey also in 109.

2017 was $950 for 19 games which equals $50 per game
    2018 is $1095 for 20 games which equals $54.75 per game

So the increase is 9.5%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Math was never my strong subject,
    but isn't that actually a nearly 20% increase for us Southenders?
    Ha! Clearly you were better at it than me. Noted and fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe lost in all this is that TFCII are moving to Lamport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm paying $283 to watch TFC, no complaints from me!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're in Section #111 and we will be paying $270 for playoffs and $860.00 for 2018 Seasons for the pair. I'm okay with the increase plus what I see SSH sell their tickets at face value majority of time. You're definitely making your money back! It's a lot less expensive than any other sport event that we go to in Toronto. We have been Season ticket holders from year ONE! )
    Last edited by Laiping; 08-16-2017 at 02:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, my favourite time of the year! When I get to read the posts of people who are lucky enough to have invoices a quarter of what I have to pay complain about 10% increases during what could be the most successful season in mls history. I'd kill for day one prices and choke every time I find out how much less others pay around me.

But alas, that's my problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laiping View Post
    We're in Section #111 and we will be paying $270 for playoffs and $860.00 for 2018 Seasons for the pair. I'm okay with the increase. It's a lot less expensive than other sport event that we go to in Toronto.
    I split season seats for the Raptors with a couple other guys and ya, a handful of Raptor games cost as much as an entire TFC season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an interesting bit to add. I have 7 tickets in 112, 6 with legacy pricing and 1 without.

Legacy 2017->2018: 240 to 283
    W/o Legacy 2017->2018: 360 to 425

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Ah, my favourite time of the year! When I get to read the posts of people who are lucky enough to have invoices a quarter of what I have to pay complain about 10% increases during what could be the most successful season in mls history. I'd kill for day one prices and choke every time I find out how much less others pay around me.

But alas, that's my problem.
    Just to clarify... it's actually a 19% increase for those of us lucky enough to have invoices a quarter of what you pay.