Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just too easy. A lot of our guys didn't have great games, and it didn't matter. We just pressed them when we needed to.

Wow.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    There's nothing ugly about this win, TFC turned it up in the final 20 minutes and it payed off. Delgado has really improved a lot from last season and Ricketts is a great sub, but not a starter.
    Last two games Delgado has been unbelievably good, and that's not even including the goals.

And I mean like 3x his salary good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We probably have the best team in league history, the best talent and most depth ever of any team in the past.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Last two games Delgado has been unbelievably good, and that's not even including the goals.

And I mean like 3x his salary good.
    Agree.

He's been playing more and more up the field. Almost a striker tonight. It's giving teams fits, NYCFC couldn't mark him either.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We probably have the best team in league history, the best talent and most depth ever of any team in the past.
    We can beat any team, but the one that makes me nervous, just moved into a playoff spot......Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck yeah. Another statement win. 50 points. SS is at best a two team race now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    We can beat any team, but the one that makes me nervous, just moved into a playoff spot......Montreal.
    We've got 3 of our remaining matched against Montreal. So we've got great influence on whether or not they make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    We've got 3 of our remaining matched against Montreal. So we've got great influence on whether or not they make the playoffs.
    In one of those 3 probably we'll get our 4th defeat of the regular season.
    There's no way around it this time... no matter how gods the Reds are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Agree.

He's been playing more and more up the field. Almost a striker tonight. It's giving teams fits, NYCFC couldn't mark him either.
    The way he played tonight I can see him moving to a higher level than MLS. He probably won't even get a look because he's a young Chicano guy who was a Chivas castoff, but he was lynch pin good tonight, finding lanes all over the place, finding the perfect space every time, two nutmeg passes, one backheel volley, a goal... Jesus H, what a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just too easy. A lot of our guys didn't have great games, and it didn't matter. We just pressed them when we needed to.

Wow.
    To simply put it, its beautiful to see. No matter if they play a down, average or great game, The Reds are on target, know what it takes to bring home the three points.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sequence that started with the Delgado backheel, that was the most unreal thing I have ever seen in MLS. Like the Globetrotters or something. The shot that ultimately resulted was blocked, but if it had gone in, that would have been the goal of the decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props to that away support, 400? maybe 500?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.
    True, though they were fairly bad tonight. Sometimes wasteful and sometimes unlucky with their chances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Props to that away support, 400? maybe 500?
    The replay on the second goal shows about a third of that end jumping up when Hasler scored.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 different goal scorers this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/torontofc...95810520043521

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just amazing. Glad to see some old jerseys in the away section. Love to see Seba running over to the traveling support after his goal.

What a team. Time to fetch that SS counter from BS.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Schweinsteiger's comments after the game. Very interesting.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/post/20...?autoplay=true

Basically says Chicago's attack isn't good enough and that they are making bad decisions. (And swats away a "was this like a Champions League game for intensity" question from what might have been Larson.) Reminds me of 2015 with Giovinco reaming out players on the field for making poor decisions and demanding they do better.

If he were to stay for another season, I think Chicago would get better but the people around him need to improve. I've never been a fan of Accam - he's way too selfish. And Nicolic has been found out and needs to work through this to get into better positions. I'm not sold on Juninho. And Dax isn't demanding of his teammates enough.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 different goal scorers this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/torontofc...95810520043521
    Remember back in the day when it was difficult for the whole team to score 15 goals all season!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Watched Schweinsteiger's comments after the game. Very interesting.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/post/20...?autoplay=true

Basically says Chicago's attack isn't good enough and that they are making bad decisions. (And swats away a "was this like a Champions League game for intensity" question from what might have been Larson.) Reminds me of 2015 with Giovinco reaming out players on the field for making poor decisions and demanding they do better.

If he were to stay for another season, I think Chicago would get better but the people around him need to improve. I've never been a fan of Accam - he's way too selfish. And Nicolic has been found out and needs to work through this to get into better positions. I'm not sold on Juninho. And Dax isn't demanding of his teammates enough.
    This is rich. Chicago just isn't very good .... Schweini himself is a big part of the problem, he can't run any more.

I disagree with this diagnosis. I personally rate Accam (he has speed and can control the ball) but the problem is really in MF and at the back. McCarty is over rated, and their backline can't mark properly - we won every 50/50 ball and really just toyed with them all night... compare that to how Marshall and Alonso played in MLS Cup.

Would absolutely love to get Chicago in playoffs, but doubt they are good enough to be in final four in east.

My worry is we are developing bad habits because we have not seen playoff caliber defending in most of the last 10 games.

It'll get addressed because Montreal can defend (playoff last year was a bizarre anomaly) and they hate us. Those games will get us ready. I'd almost rather we lose one or two of them, to get that edgy anger back (I know I know, I am not supposed to say that!)
    Last edited by ensco; 08-20-2017 at 08:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Chicago fans saying the issue is refs not giving them the calls and that MLS had the refs give them the calls before the all star game just to pump up the city. WTF. Some of those guys are really reaching...tin foil hats and everything. They just weren't that good and couldn't beat Toronto at home when we weren't even having our best game. I didn't see any weird calls last night. Blaming the refs is just stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The way he played tonight I can see him moving to a higher level than MLS. He probably won't even get a look because he's a young Chicano guy who was a Chivas castoff, but he was lynch pin good tonight, finding lanes all over the place, finding the perfect space every time, two nutmeg passes, one backheel volley, a goal... Jesus H, what a game.
    I remember some commentary when he signed his extension with us that he had Liga MX interest. It will only be harder to keep hold of him if he keeps this up, he has US national team potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is rich. Chicago just isn't very good .... Schweini himself is a big part of the problem, he can't run any more.

I disagree with this diagnosis. I personally rate Accam (he has speed and can control the ball) but the problem is really in MF and at the back. McCarty is over rated, and their backline can't mark properly - we won every 50/50 ball and really just toyed with them all night... compare that to how Marshall and Alonso played in MLS Cup.

Would absolutely love to get Chicago in playoffs, but doubt they are good enough to be in final four in east.

My worry is we are developing bad habits because we have not seen playoff caliber defending in most of the last 10 games.

It'll get addressed because Montreal can defend (playoff last year was a bizarre anomaly) and they hate us. Those games will get us ready. I'd almost rather we lose one or two of them, to get that edgy anger back (I know I know, I am not supposed to say that!)
    I'd agree with everything here except McCarty; he's criminally underrated and better than MLS. He's just carrying the midfield, most games.

They had two significant problems yesterday; one, their defense is criminally weak for a top-half team. Christian Deane isn't even ready to play in MLS, let alone start in the center. Two, they were tactically poorly set up because their coach didn't want to get beaten by a high line. They didn't have enough pressure on us bringing the ball out of the back, and got overwhelmed in midfield by having 5-on-3 much of the time. A 4-3-3 is going to get killed by a good aggressive 5-3-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. They look pretty good going forward... more than enough to consistently poke holes in our normally dependable defence. They have speed, a guy who can create, and a guy who can finish. It's a good attack.

Midfield we just kicked the crap out of them. Either we've suddenly outclassed the whole league in terms of our ability to play between the lines or their mid was simply too slow and the gaps appeared faster than they could be closed. I feel like we won the overwhelming majority of challenges and second balls.

Schweinsteiger helps move the ball effectively but his wheels are not enough. Mccarty played at a level below his reputation, to say the least.

I think they are at about the same stage TFC was 2 years ago. The potential is there but the overall roster isn't strong enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire had 3 out of 4 starting defenders out. And Lampson sucks. All this game did was to prove that Fire's depth sucks on defence and their GK sucks.

Christian Dean is on fast trajectory towards being a permanent USL/NASL defender
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not going to complain about the win last night.a win is a win and they did turn it on when they had to, but the broadcast was brutal last night,i think tsn are doing most of the road games from the toronto studios,if so that is bush league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the broadcast was brutal last night,i think tsn are doing most of the road games from the toronto studios,if so that is bush league.
    I seem to recall TSN deciding a while back to not send commentators to road games in order to save a few bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not going to complain about the win last night.a win is a win and they did turn it on when they had to, but the broadcast was brutal last night,i think tsn are doing most of the road games from the toronto studios,if so that is bush league.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I seem to recall TSN deciding a while back to not send commentators to road games in order to save a few bucks.
    Plus Vic saying the wrong TFC player name every second play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Yep , road games outside of those played in Canada are being called from the TSN studio.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the worst commentator I've ever heard I wanted to watch it on mute. Everytime he said BO- NO was so bad