Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, now that the new season is up and running in England,
    and I'm back to my routine of watching Saturday morning football,
    it reminds me of what a good commentator can be like.
    It's a dying art in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    He is the worst commentator I've ever heard I wanted to watch it on mute. Everytime he said BO- NO was so bad
    You can say that his commentary isn't Altidorable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Plus Vic saying the wrong TFC player name every second play.
    My personal annoyance, Vic said a few times Hasler last played in Swiss 2nd division. Thats not trues Vadus were relegated this year but last 3 they played top division. Wileman is the only decent play guy in Canada.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to believe, but the US announcers on MLS Live were worse that Vic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three more points in the bag. Rather than beat a dead horse and nit pick the game I am going to savour this one. Yes some of our boys had a rough night and weren't at their best, but teams that contend and win trophies find a way to win. Amazing away support, the road warriors should be proud. Vic Rauter needs to call all future games with a ball gag in. He makes the game almost unwatchable. Now on to the next one and keep our record at home.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    My personal annoyance, Vic said a few times Hasler last played in Swiss 2nd division. Thats not trues Vadus were relegated this year but last 3 they played top division. Wileman is the only decent play guy in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Vic Rauter needs to call all future games with a ball gag in. He makes the game almost unwatchable.

I really don't understand why there are so many shit announcers in this league.
    I suppose part of it must be that the good ones get hired to call other sports that pay more.
    But there must be a bigger talent pool than this.

Surely there are some intelligent young men and women coming out of some radio and television school,
    with knowledge of the game, and voices that are pleasant to listen to.

Heck, I think I have a good radio voice.
    And I have a big head that is perfect for tv.
    Maybe I'll go back to school and learn to be a sports commentator!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, it wasnt a great performance from Vic, but if you've ever called off a television set, you know how hard it is. For anyone.

If that's the case, he gets a pass.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I really don't understand why there are so many shit announcers in this league.
    I suppose part of it must be that the good ones get hired to call other sports that pay more.
    It's more that this isn't their sport, and they are hired as experienced broadcasters, not soccer people.

Put them on giving stats on left handed pitchers against right handed batters in the 7th inning and they'll do fine.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Red, calling a game off a screen isnt the easiest especially when you are trying to get the correct players as you don't get the views or prior vision of where the ball is going to which player. So you need that split second hesitation to recognize the player then put a name.

It's not a great situation, but yeah my only thing with Vic is he repeats phrases too much such as Guess Who, but it will get better for the home games! We all know that! Hopefully with CPL coming into affect it will allow us who are currently doing L1O to rise up a little.

Trust me though, I've done days where I've commentated 5 games in the same day for Nationals, sometimes you get into a lul especially when the play is slow.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some nice views of Delgado's and Vasquez's efforts:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    No doubt about that. It generally rotates between guy with a nasally voice or generic middle aged jock trying to sound intelligent about a sport he knows nothing about. Or even worse: Max Bretos.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    or even worse: Max bretos.
    yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got back last night and just settled in. HOLY FUCK, what a game Saturday night! It's not easy going on the road to pick up three points, especially against a close rival. But TFC withstood the pressure, and a sloppy field, for the win. The only win by a Toronto side in Chicago this weekend, lol.

Our section was killing it in 134. It felt like home in the South End at BMO Field. Singing, chanting, clapping all throughout the match. I could barely hear the noise going throughout the stadium, we were THAT loud. When Gio scored in the 90th minute, we totally lost it. I got hit with a beer shower because of the celebrating, but I didn't mind one bit.

I never got to attend the second leg of the East Final against Montreal, so that was easily the best live TFC game I've ever experienced.

When I got back to my hotel room, I was able to watch it again on Comcast, making it all the more better.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)