Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 25 - TFC @ Chicago - Saturday Aug 19th 8pm - Pull Aim Squeeze Sweep

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an extra ticket to the game in Chicago if anyone is interested in attending the game!

I have posted it in the ticket trader section or feel free to PM if your interested.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in the market for a single ticket in the supporters section - think any are still available through the Fire? any groups still have some on hand?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire have to play on Wednesday ahead of the game against TFC. Usually it is us getting the busy schedule and our opponents on a full week's rest. Nice to have it the other way around this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is 10-0-1 at home this year. Will be a big test. Looking forward to it. Hopefully we can give them their first L at their home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need 4 tickets to the Chicago match! I called the fire and the away section is sold out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red18andRed23 View Post
    I have an extra ticket to the game in Chicago if anyone is interested in attending the game!

I have posted it in the ticket trader section or feel free to PM if your interested.
    Where is "ticket trader"? I need 4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket Trader is a separate forum...scroll down and you will see it...I just sent you a PM as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need 4 tickets to the Chicago match on the 19th! I called the fire and the away section is sold out!
    If anyone knows how I can get 4 tickets in the away section please let me know.
    905-815-3863 Mark
    Cheers,
    COYR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stub Hub has lots of tickets available! Not sure about the away section but they have tickets available for the game!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to need a big game from Bradley and Delgado to cut off Schweinsteiger and McCarty from dictating the game from CM. Be wary of Accam with pace from the flanks. Nikolic is a poacher. Dangerous, but he needs a lot of service and doesn't create chances for himself.

I think TFC will play a bit more conservative and look to hit on the counter away from home against a quality opposition. TFC also has way better depth than Fire. I think Fire will come out aggressive to try to control the game before mid 2nd half, since they play a midweek game and before fatigue sets in. 3 pts would be awesome, but realistically a point is a good result.
    Last edited by Yohan; 08-14-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're lucky to get them now as they are in a bit of a slump: one win in five, and three losses. Doubt is creeping in to their team. They're six points back of us now. And a mid-week game for them. Here's a good chance to make a(nother) statement.
    Last edited by Canary10; 08-14-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Going to need a big game from Bradley and Delgado to cut off Schweinsteiger and McCarty from dictating the game from CM. Be wary of Accam with pace from the flanks. Nikolic is a poacher. Dangerous, but he needs a lot of service and doesn't create chances for himself.

I think TFC will play a bit more conservative and look to hit on the counter away from home against a quality opposition. TFC also has way better depth than Fire. I think Fire will come out aggressive to try to control the game before mid 2nd half, since they play a midweek game and before fatigue sets in. 3 pts would be awesome, but realistically a point is a good result.
    Chicago has the pieces to give us trouble. Not only are they good, but they have what we struggle to deal with. Strong CMs to slow down Vasquez/Bradley. Accam has the pace to pull apart our centerbacks. And De Leeuw is just dangerous - he torches us. I personally think he's the most dangerous player on that team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when we played the Fire earlier this year Bradley was much more aggressive than usual, often coming forward to pressure Chicago's CMs. It seemed part of the game plan and I wonder if we'll see a somewhat different approach again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear other teams (NYCFC, Orlando) much more than I fear Chicago. Their record flatters them, they are a 500 team returning to earth

TFC 2-0. I see Altidore scoring, their back line can't handle him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Im in the market for a single ticket in the supporters section - think any are still available through the Fire? any groups still have some on hand?
    just going to put it out there, since it was an issue last year, and might be an issue again this year, but if groups still have tickets it will always go to their members first, which most of the time leaves none for non members. If you are interested in away game tickets in the away supporters section, your best bet it to join a group. The groups have a relationship with almost all away game FOs and will have better pull at getting tickets, and some of the time the away sections are blocked off for us, so it's in your interest to join a group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I fear other teams (NYCFC, Orlando) much more than I fear Chicago. Their record flatters them, they are a 500 team returning to earthTFC 2-0. I see Altidore scoring, their back line can't handle him.
    Gauntlet thrown down!They definitely did not look like a top team when we played them at home, that's for sure. But that was a while ago and they have a pretty spotless home record. I kinda feel like we'll win too. I'm cautiously optimistic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Gauntlet thrown down!They definitely did not look like a top team when we played them at home, that's for sure. But that was a while ago and they have a pretty spotless home record. I kinda feel like we'll win too. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I was thinking the same thing. There was a lot of hype about them when they came to BMO and if I recall they were on a roll but they didn't look all that great. TFC have been able to shut good players down in games so would be beautiful to see that again. If we do beat them at home it will be one of the sweetest victories. Going to be a battle though to do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league badly needed Chicago to be better, and Schweinie has been good, and is a great story.

I would be delighted to see them in the playoffs.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ They'll make the playoffs. Probably only need 2 or 3 more wins out of 11 matches to be in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't underestimate Chicago, their midfield is excellent. Maybe age will catch up with them but the games I have watched ( which were a couple of weeks ago and earlier) they really controlled the midfield. And a goal poacher is always dangerous.

i think we are going to miss Hagglund. His aerial dominance is very helpful in tight games.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-17-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope a lot of TFC supporters make the trip to Chicago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I hope a lot of TFC supporters make the trip to Chicago
    Our winning away record is on the line! Only team in the league above .500 on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schweini looks increasingly pirlo-esque out there in terms of his effort on the defensive side of the ball. He'll be attempting to play 270 minutes inside a week. Juninho and starting LB brandon vincent look like they're probably out too.

I think Chicago might also generally be shit. wouldn't be surprised if they end up falling out of the playoff race. I think all four teams behind them are better and in better form.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Schweini looks increasingly pirlo-esque out there in terms of his effort on the defensive side of the ball. He'll be attempting to play 270 minutes inside a week. Juninho and starting LB brandon vincent look like they're probably out too.

I think Chicago might also generally be shit. wouldn't be surprised if they end up falling out of the playoff race. I think all four teams behind them are better and in better form.
    Chicago is riding out their home form of 10 wins, 1 draw, 0 loss. As much as Fire is in a bad form right now, their losses are away. And they have 4 out of 5 IIRC at home next little bit.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking maybe 0-0 or 1-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game day!

Just checked the hourly forecast for Bridgeview, and damn is it a hot one at kick off. Full on sun and 27 feeling like 32.

As with every game this season, I have a feeling of cautious optimism. We can at least get a draw.

C'mon you reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a huge game..a win would go a long way to us bringing home the Supporters Shield - it's a huge opportunity.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    This is a huge game..a win would go a long way to us bringing home the Supporters Shield - it's a huge opportunity.