Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards to me is purely a LB/LW/LWB... Shouldn't even be in the conversation for RB. I like Alseth but to me, Hasler is the bench RB when Beitashour is back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutted we didn't get the clean sheet. This was my first game this year and was standing in the general admission north end area - not loud enough for a first place team!!

Got to see all 4 goals tho which was nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just watched the condensed MLS Live and at the end the Timbers colour guy said Portland were the better team in the second half. ]
    I think there's a bit of truth to that. I felt they were turning the screw a bit up to the goal. Whether that was by design or not on the part of Vanney....At any rate, the last few games really show that once it goes south on teams coming to BMO, it REALLY goes south. Home field will mean a lot for us I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think there's a bit of truth to that. I felt they were turning the screw a bit up to the goal. Whether that was by design or not on the part of Vanney....At any rate, the last few games really show that once it goes south on teams coming to BMO, it REALLY goes south. Home field will mean a lot for us I think.
    9 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses so far at Fortress BMO. TFC somehow has over 70% win rate all together. Nuts.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ....At any rate, the last few games really show that once it goes south on teams coming to BMO, it REALLY goes south. Home field will mean a lot for us I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    9 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses so far at Fortress BMO. TFC somehow has over 70% win rate all together. Nuts.
    Shows how important winning the Supporters Shield would be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gareth Wheeler thinks that Portland tried to park the bus at first, which was my impression too.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/0...ce-vs-portland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Goal Dif of +22 at home as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    Re watching all goals, Gio seems so genuinely happy to see his team score. Refreshing to see such a grounded superstar who puts team before self.
    I think one of my favorite moments is that third goal - Giovinco tries to play it back to Altidore, but a Portland defender gets a toe on it leaving Jozy stranded, Morrow comes in and buries it and Jozy's celebrating it like he put it in himself (watch the replay around the 2:20 mark https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...getting-better). I know Seba and Jozy need to be "greedy" sometimes as strikers but it's so awesome to see everyone really getting the team mentality and being excited for each other.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...-moves-week-23

1. Vanney's second-half adjustments

Greg Vanney’s Toronto FC went on a four-goal scoring spree in the second half of their match against the Portland Timbers, after being held to just one shot on target during the first 45 minutes. The coaching staff’s adjustments at halftime were pivotal in propelling TFC to a win.
    Through the first half, the Reds were quite simply too nice to their opposition – they went forward with too few players (often just three players only to be met by at least Portland’s four defenders), they moved the ball too slowly and they progressed down the side of the field when it would have been far more dangerous to attack down the middle. Portland weren't particularly brilliant during the first half, Toronto just did them a number of favors.
    Vanney corrected all of this as his side emerged from the intermission with a different approach. Toronto’s first goal in the 58th minute featured an attack with five players, the ball moving much quicker – arriving in the final third from the defensive third with one or two touch passes in about eight seconds, and the entire attack started down the central channel of the field.
    It was more of the same during Toronto’s second goal. They promptly took advantage of spaces that opened up, they drove the ball centrally, and they committed five (arguably six) players to the attack.
    There are multiple reasons TFC has the most points in the league at the moment: quality players, depth of the squad, motivation from just coming up short last year. But Vanney and his staff’s contributions, especially visible in matches like this one, are a major advantage for an already impressive team.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/0...ls-player-week

Toronto FC defender Justin Morrow was named the Alcatel Major League Soccer (MLS) Player of the Week by the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) for Week 23 of the 2017 MLS season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for him. I wonder how far back you'd have to look to find another outside defender winning player of the week honors - I'm guessing it's been a while.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes