Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There will always be days like this where a team parking the bus gets the better of a superior side. However, it's clear we haven't yet found the formula to beat teams who are content to sit back and force TFC to beat them rather than vice versa. I still have nightmares about SJ, whenever the hell that was.
    The only thing I have nightmares about, is our MLS cup final with Seattle.
    No matter how many great chances we had, and how good was Frei standing on his head to keep a clean sheet in 120 minutes.

It's still called " Too many times we cannot unlock a team doing nothing else practically a whole game, but defending".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So annoyed. More and more teams are going to be content just taking a point from games vs TFC. Far more teams are built to bunker and counter and clog up the middle to take the service away from Bradley, Giovinco and Altidore. Wingers being negated because oppositions are betting on their CBs to win duels in the air.
    It's ongoing process of teams figuring out Vanney's tactics, and now Vanney has to come up with another way to break down the bunker.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    So annoyed. More and more teams are going to be content just taking a point from games vs TFC. Far more teams are built to bunker and counter and clog up the middle to take the service away from Bradley, Giovinco and Altidore. Wingers being negated because oppositions are betting on their CBs to win duels in the air.
    It's ongoing process of teams figuring out Vanney's tactics, and now Vanney has to come up with another way to break down the bunker.
    this where players like edwards, osorio and chapman need to be utilized. they can create space for others.

but it doesnt help when your stars are not having their best day

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    this where players like edwards, osorio and chapman need to be utilized. they can create space for others.

but it doesnt help when your stars are not having their best day
    It's either quick one touch passing or beating a man 1v1. Edwards can beat a man 1v1, but haven't seen much of one touch passing from him. Oso and Chapman can do one touch passes, but they seem to run out of ideas often than not. And they can't beat a man 1v1 with dribbling consistently.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't watch the game for the sake of a wedding. Our usual issue when teams bunker against us is we don't move the ball fast enough. And then end up crossing into 9 defenders. Nobody goes at players trying to draw a foul. And we avoid long shots trying to get a better opening. Things didn't change?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like cooper before we messed with his head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    That sounds like cooper before we messed with his head
    Thank you, it is like putting a round peg in a square hole and has screwed up Cooper. Vanney wants TFC to play Continental possession football, far too many pretty passes, no one is shooting from outside the box.
    I know, if you have more possession statistically you should win more games, but you can't score if you don't shoot the ball, and no one wants to shoot the ball, it has been drilled in you must feed either Seba or Jozy, I wonder if they get chastised for taking the initiative and striking the bloody ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Didn't watch the game for the sake of a wedding. Our usual issue when teams bunker against us is we don't move the ball fast enough. And then end up crossing into 9 defenders. Nobody goes at players trying to draw a foul. And we avoid long shots trying to get a better opening. Things didn't change?
    Yeah pretty much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's just the dog days of summer. We should relax.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund.