RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - July 21 - 23

Friday

Atlanta @ Orlando 7pm - Lots of talk about this being a Southern Derby but most people following Atlanta say Florida isn't really the South. These two teams run so hot and cold. I'm thinking a 2-1 win for Orlando.

Saturday

Chicago @ NYCFC 2pm - GAME OF THE WEEK - Worth watching. Going to be a warm one all over, with a lot of emotion and tempers flaring, especially if Chicago takes the lead. Which I think they'll do. As much as I want a draw, I think this ends 2-1 for the Fire and knocks NYC down a peg.

NYRB @ Minnesota 4pm - The Loons are too slow to react well to the press. And they don't have the outside pace to press where the Energy Drinks are most vulnerable. So, of course, its a 2-0 Loons win (mostly because NYRB are inconsistent).

Houston @ DCU 7pm - Houston away is terrible. DCU is likely shell shocked from the Seattle loss. 0-0 draw

Philly @ Columbus 7:30pm - The fight for 7th begins here. Columbus seems to have more going for them then Philly who are regressing. 3-2 for CBus

FCD @ Montreal 7:30pm - A tie is what we want, and I think what we will get here. FCD has issues away this year. And Montreal should have enough CA chances. 2-2

LAG @ NER 7:30pm - The best away team in the league goes to one of the toughest places to play. LAG should handle the NER front four movement

SKC @ RSL 10pm - RSL is so dang weird. Score so many in Portland this week and get blown out otherwise. SCK is consistent - boring, but consistent. 2-1 win for SKC

Sunday

Portland @ Vancouver 6:30pm - 4th plays 5th - should be a decent game. I'm thinking a few goals in this one. 2-2 draw

San Jose @ Seattle 10:30pm - When down 3-0, it looked like Seattle's season was done. If that was the turnaround, they need to win this one. I don't think they will. San Jose has turned things. 3-1 for San Jose

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC loses Herrara after 78 minutes for two yellows. And now they lose Sweat to a probable concussion.

We might see Pirlo next week.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-22-2017 at 01:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And.......wow. 2-0 quickly in the second half for the Pigeons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

neither of these teams look as good as we do.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 07-22-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    NYC loses Herrara after 78 minutes for two yellows. And now they lose Sweat to a probable concussion.

We might see Pirlo next week.
    After? You mean for... he was sent off in the 12th minute (at least according to the box score). Credit to the ref here, some players in this league get away with acting like idiots due to weak officials but that wasn't the case here.

First yellow was a tad light but the second, not only did he step on schweinsteiger he mouthed off after and that's what got him sent off. Let's home we see more of that for guys who just play bull in a china shop for 90 minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    neither of these teams look as good as we do.
    I think this result isn't so bad for us. Would have been good to see a tie, but I think that Chicago is more dangerous than NYCFC, so happy to see them denied even a point.

And it can't be good for morale to get beaten by a team that played with 10 men for 78 minutes!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Nostalgia alert....

Joao Plata with the service for Luis Silva

https://www.rsl.com/post/2017/07/22/silva-goal
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Minnesota match looked and felt like old TFC. Nice to see they cover the giant yellow MINNESOTA through both ends[zones].
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I think this result isn't so bad for us. Would have been good to see a tie, but I think that Chicago is more dangerous than NYCFC, so happy to see them denied even a point.

And it can't be good for morale to get beaten by a team that played with 10 men for 78 minutes!
    Naw I needed to see Chi denied any points. They still have a go ahead game in hand. Not to mention Dallas with 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League is having a worsening credibility problem with refs this year.

Petke's press conference is epic.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...vs-sporting-kc
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TFC Nostalgia alert....

Joao Plata with the service for Luis Silva

https://www.rsl.com/post/2017/07/22/silva-goal
    What could've been? It's not happening so often but it is nice to see against any other team but us.