Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was definitely an unsatisfying night. I thought Endo played better in the second half. And I would not have subbed Cooper for Edwards. He wasn't having the best night, but it was an odd swap. We should have won but didn't finish well. And their goal was a giveaway that hurt.

Let's look ahead to NYCFC. We can win that and recover. We were short a whole bunch of guys tonight, so think of that.

And I have to convince my wife that I can arrive at our cottage rental a few hours late to go to the NYCFC game, so wish me luck :-)
    Last edited by GerMc; 07-22-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    It was definitely an unsatisfying night. I thought Endo played better in the second half. And I would not have subbed Cooper for Edwards. He wasn't having the best night, but it was an odd swap. We should have won but didn't finish well. And their goal was a giveaway that hurt.

Let's look ahead to NYCFC. We can win that and recover. We were short a whole bunch of guys tonight, so think of that.

And I have to convince my wife that I can arrive at our cottage rental a few hours late to go to the NYCFC game, so wish me luck :-)
    Cooper came in for Chapman. Morgan replaced Edwards and I think a good move. Edwards just wasn't on tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Cooper came in for Chapman. Morgan replaced Edwards and I think a good move. Edwards just wasn't on tonight.
    Good point. I forgot that. Morgan was not bad, so forget that part of my post!

white shirt covered in alcohol stains
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see the potential in Endoh, but it seems like he's playing out of position. We have a crowded midfield but the game against Ottawa gave me the impression he would be much better centrally. Hopefully he can continue to develop and improve his consistency in crossing. He can play an incredible ball, but then give it away two times after. Typical of young players.

Cooper has so much skill, but he needs to cut out the giveaways. Very frustrating. He really livened up the attack for TFC but does not come close to making up for his giveaway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper is so frustrating

technical ability galore

but like Osorio hangs onto the ball too long and has a penchant for stupid give-aways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post

Because TFC were trying to win the game. Bad defending also led to the goal.

Or at least come off the bench first, since Ricketts isn't any good. Spencer getting stars ahead of him is disappointing.

Edwards was the worst TFC player today.

^
    this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    What a shit show that was. Off to the best possible start and instead of doing our goal difference a favour we end up throwing away two points. The moment Cheyrou went down we lost control of that match and it was downhill from there. Delgado and Chapman are just not capable of anchoring a midfield. He might have scored his first goal for the Reds tonight but Chapman was shocking from then on. His performance was typified by that absolute sitter he missed at the start of the second half. A five year old would have done better there. However it would be wrong to lay the result completely at Chapman's door. The entire side was riddled with poor performances tonight That should have been three easy points and I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt us when the Supporters shield points are tallied. Finally, what the hell has happened to Giovinco? He was abysmal tonight, and not for the first time this season. He had better find his form soon before the race for prizes gets serious. We should perhaps be looking for a back up striker in the window, for if Seba's poor form conitinues Ricketts as back up is certainly not the answer. We may have depth but it's clear it's not depth of equal quality.

Chapman had an excellent game, really surprised to see your comments. His injury was a turning point, as was Cheyrous

The team was a little flat after the first goal, and Cooper really botched it to give away the goal, but in general the team was good, just no cutting edge. Some of the criticisms on the board are far too harsh.

Plus the referee. Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Good point. I forgot that. Morgan was not bad, so forget that part of my post!
    Except for the 2 crosses Morgan made right to the Colorado goalkeeper,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Cooper is so frustrating

technical ability galore

but like Osorio hangs onto the ball too long and has a penchant for stupid give-aways...
    osorio has no stupid giveaways, ever. I assume you mean Cooper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very impressed with Endoh tonight. Proved that he should be a sub with the MLS side.

The referee on the other hand put on a shambolic display. Colorado rolled around like idiots for 10 minutes without punishment. That dude that flew through the air to catch Morgan deserved a straight red in my opinion and many yellows for time wasting were well deserved.

That being said, our performance wasn't good enough as we had a great opportunity to begin to run away with the East following Chicago's loss. Let's get NYCFC next week!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game plan was garbage with Seba as lone striker and tiki taka into Colorado goal. No centre forward to win balls in the air meant Rapids can ignore the wing backs. Their CBs can eat all the crosses into the box. Rapids clogged the middle and cut supply to Seba who was probably not 100%.

I thought Rapids might squeeze out a draw once TFC couldn't score on those gimme chances. You get punished for not putting away teams.

As for the gamesmanship, I hate it but it got Rapids a draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As limited Endoh's game is, he busted his ass off all game and he made himself consistently available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I was very impressed with Endoh tonight. Proved that he should be a sub with the MLS side.

The referee on the other hand put on a shambolic display. Colorado rolled around like idiots for 10 minutes without punishment. That dude that flew through the air to catch Morgan deserved a straight red in my opinion and many yellows for time wasting were well deserved.

That being said, our performance wasn't good enough as we had a great opportunity to begin to run away with the East following Chicago's loss. Let's get NYCFC next week!
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards was disappointing tonight, as was Cooper. I'd take Edwards aside and have a serious chat with the lad. If you want to be a top player ...you show up for games like that.

Thought Chapman played well - but I'd be worried about his fitness having a cramp and not being able to play the whole game. He needs to step the fitness level up and stay hydrated in preparation for game like that in July. Giovinco doesn't seem interested when the other DP's are away.

All that being said..with the DP's away..two injuries during the game...not the end of the world by a long shot. We are solidly in first place in the entire league..once everyone returns we are in a great position to win the Supporter Shield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    The very first point on the road for Colorado, this is how crap of a team they are!
    Shitshow today by TFC, look what I wrote in the halftime (probably most of you will say TFC had a good 1st half) - they had not... the whole game was without any intensity and concentration.

With this game TFC nullifies all that great work they put in at NY City, even worst.
    Would been a lot better to lose by 2-0 in NY City, and win today by 1 fucking 0.

Only the points matter for the history.
    I was sort of thinking the same thing --- if before the week started you would have told me that we would lose at NYCFC and beat Colorado at home - most would have said that this was the expected result of these two games based on the many factors going into said matchups....looking at it that way we only lost 1 point overall then by going T/T (2 points) as opposed to the L/W (3 points) and we actually are up an extra point on NYCFC this way and down a point to Chicago if we would have done the L/W scenario (ie. we would have had 41 points to NYC 39 and Chicago's 38 based on my thoughts going into the week) --- yes it sucks giving away the points at home tonight, but considering all of the roster issues and injuries going into this stretch this month, I think we have managed ok ---- the next game against NYCFC at home is a huge one and we need our full lineup to show up and decide that first place is ours for the taking with a big home win.....

I'm just trying to find a bright side after a disappointing night....ha ha ha.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching those highlights... I cannot believe that free kick they awarded Chapman as opposed to a penalty. Almost as shocking as his miss in the box.

Regardless, let's hope this kid can find some consistency and start contributing more on the defensive side of the ball. The potential is there otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the start of the month if you told me we would be top of the table I wouldn't have believed it. With the injuries and missing large chunks of our squad to Gold Cup, I would have been happy to be 2nd or 3rd. The boys have circled the wagons and have put us in a great opportunity to finish top. Results like this will happen, but in the big picture we are in a great position for the run-in!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Watching those highlights... I cannot believe that free kick they awarded Chapman as opposed to a penalty. Almost as shocking as his miss in the box.
    There were a few calls last night that confirmed for me the refs are messed up due to VAR coming but not being here yet.

Mavinga's yellow could easily have been a red. Under VAR, they would have looked at that, probably the ref would still given him a red but given a yellow to the foul just before that and we would have gotten a free kick. (Yes, I know, not to our benifit but that's probably what would have happened)

As for the Chapman foul, my understanding is VAR would have looked at that and probably suggested a penalty. The ref basically indicated the foul started out side the box even though Chapman was pushed twice, not just once. Either that or he was completely stupid and didn't think the second fall was a foul and went back to the first one after advantage was played.

One more game with the Refs not sure what to do and then we'll be into the VAR situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The refs do seem a bit muddled just now don't they. Did you watch the 1 hour video session regarding VAR, I think it will be helpful, thoughts.

Sloppy game, but we got the point and are 2 up on Chicago, hopefully we will have a full compliment and thrash NYFC on Sunday next.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one Chappy! I'm sure OZ will check it out and think about the friendly in Sept.

But grab the brace next time. That uncontested shank in the box was the difference in the match but great stuff battling to get that penalty(well free kick).
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-23-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasted opportunity for sure, but forgiveable under the circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really disappointed at the tie last night, but then I think back to 2012 and realize that TFC is in a much better place now. We would have been happy with a point back then. I'm willing to give them the off-game once in a while after enduring the first 8 years of this franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There were a few calls last night that confirmed for me the refs are messed up due to VAR coming but not being here yet.
    I don't think VAR would have helped much in that scenario. What happened was blindingly obvious. His decision to pull back the play to the spot of an earlier foul and not award the penalty that was earned on the advantage appeared to be a breakdown in logic as opposed to anything that could be cured by taking a second look at the play.

While I don't mind VAR coming in 1-2 times a game, the temptation here to re-officiate the match and use it as an out concerns me. Their focus should be investing more in their officiating crews and training, not being at the forefront of technology.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was really nice technical header by Chapman btw. Not easy to pick out the spot like that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think VAR would have helped much in that scenario. What happened was blindingly obvious. His decision to pull back the play to the spot of an earlier foul and not award the penalty that was earned on the advantage appeared to be a breakdown in logic as opposed to anything that could be cured by taking a second look at the play.

While I don't mind VAR coming in 1-2 times a game, the temptation here to re-officiate the match and use it as an out concerns me. Their focus should be investing more in their officiating crews and training, not being at the forefront of technology.
    Interesting to watch explains a few things: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...s-video-review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poo game by TFC, needed to put that sad team away early. But they let them stay in the game and finish one of their meagre chances.

Opening the door to the most pathetic display of time wasting

87:15 - 88:45 Hairston (Cramps)
    89:00 - 90:25 Saied (Head Injury)
    92:00 - 94:25 Hairston (Slams into Morgan)
    96:00 - 97:25 da Fonte (Cramps)
    97:35 Final whistle

Adding it up that's 6:45 of 'injured' time since the 5 mins injury time notice went up at the 87th minute. So you would expect to at least have 8 more minutes of play from then on, 3 mins regular and 5 injury. But the ref only allowed 3:50! Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a typically poor performance by the officials. Inside the first 15 minutes Seba got man handled about 5 times by Sjoberg with nothing more than a stern talking to by the ref. I agree that the simulation and gamesmanship by the Rapids was a farce but we put ourselves into that position. Cooper has played himself right out the door as far as I'm concerned. He appears to be just going through the motions and it is starting to cost us points. I have been a very harsh critic of Endoh this year but I thought this was one of his better games. His work rate was up and he was contesting balls. Seba looks really uninterested when he is not playing along Jozy. I don't know if he feels that the other players are to far beneath him in quality or what. It is disheartening to see. We were due for a shit the bed game. It just makes Sunday's game even more important that we pick up 3 points. With everyone back I am hoping for a much better game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, let's hope this kid can find some consistency and start contributing more on the defensive side of the ball. The potential is there otherwise.
    the Chapman incident was never a penalty. The first foul happened outside the box, the ref played advantage, we didn't get one and he called it back. Correct call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    the Chapman incident was never a penalty. The first foul happened outside the box, the ref played advantage, we didn't get one and he called it back. Correct call.
    why didn't we get the advantage?
    a second foul inside the box.

frustrating game all around. Glad I didn't PVR this to re-live it as I don't think my TV would survive it. And with all the kids in my section I couldn't even let off steam with an expletive bomb session.... #$%$@# @#$#$ (*%#* $*(@(! *#(%@ @$%$%^# .......better now.

Hopefully Michael and/or jozy are fit for Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    why didn't we get the advantage?
    a second foul inside the box.

frustrating game all around. Glad I didn't PVR this to re-live it as I don't think my TV would survive it. And with all the kids in my section I couldn't even let off steam with an expletive bomb session.... #$%$@# @#$#$ (*%#* $*(@(! *#(%@ @$%$%^# .......better now.

Hopefully Michael and/or jozy are fit for Sunday.

From where I was, I got the impression from the ref that he deemed the challenge inside the box to be fair. I haven't seen it again but I tend to agree with him. From my view it looked a fair challenge. Great piece of skill though from Chapman.