Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 20 - TFC @ NYCFC Wed July 19 7:30pm - Somebody loses, and somebody wins

Have at it People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be an extremely difficult game because too many titular players we'll be missing for TFC.
    (Those called to the Can and US national teams for the Gold cup, because yes, I believe Can will make it to the 2nd round.)

In these conditions I would be very happy if we can steal 1 point in NY City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts are in line with Yeti. I've a feeling USA might call up both Bradley and Altidore (certainly the former) for the knockout rounds of the Gold Cup and with Canada looking good so far (touch wood!) we could be quite short handed for this visit to the Bronx. You have to figure as well that Citylite will still be smarting from our last visit there and out for some revenge. With all this in mind I don't think I'd be too upset if we were to emerge with a point from this one, although with this current squad I wouldn't put it past them to take all three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they only take Bradley, I think Cheyrou could slot into his spot for now. Really, what's so bad about the following lineup?
    Bono
    Zavaleta-Moor-Mavinga
    Endoh/Cooper-Cheyrou-Vasquez-Delgado-Morgan/Alseth
    Giovinco-Altidore/Hamilton

I don't think 3 points is out of the question, especially with them all rested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley for sure but not sure about Altidore. Dom Dwyer seems to be filling that role well. The shocking performance by USMNT last night vs Martinique was largely to a lack of leadership in the midfield. Dead cinch Arena will want MB for the later stages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park a 5-5 bus and lock down the point. unless they get frustrated and pull a red then sub in 3 strikers and make em pay. <yes, pipe dream I know>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-2 to Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Bradley for sure but not sure about Altidore. Dom Dwyer seems to be filling that role well. The shocking performance by USMNT last night vs Martinique was largely to a lack of leadership in the midfield. Dead cinch Arena will want MB for the later stages.
    Well with Jozy and Michael both already in US camp things just got whole lot tougher for the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny the US wasted no time in calling for reinforcements. while Canada has still not called in any reinforcements having qualified for the quarterfinals, no announcement of a Larin yet
    or anyone else. The US which has had so much more success over the years wastes no time calling in reinforcement and Canada who has been pathetic for so many years is still waiting to call anyone in, lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Well with Jozy and Michael both already in US camp things just got whole lot tougher for the Reds.
    I saw Bradley in the stand there at the Nicaragua game in his US tracksuit so I take it he's a given, what makes you sure Jozy's been drafted in as well m8?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    It's funny the US wasted no time in calling for reinforcements. while Canada has still not called in any reinforcements having qualified for the quarterfinals, no announcement of a Larin yet
    or anyone else. The US which has had so much more success over the years wastes no time calling in reinforcement and Canada who has been pathetic for so many years is still waiting to call anyone in, lol!
    Canada pretty much called in their available A squad. Only improvements would be Larin and Johnson. But is it fair to cut someone now for a slight improvement. US on the other hand held back their big MLS players. Sucks that for TFC this was 1 game for the group stage now they lose Bradley and Altidore for the next 2. Hopefully Arena is reasonable and releases Morrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada finally has a team. Cavallini will lead the charge with the right service. My opinion, it's from osorio... No hometown bias...but that's our builder besides arfield who is THE CAPTAIN... Any problems.. U talk to me.. We are so close to something, but still a couple of years away

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Canada pretty much called in their available A squad. Only improvements would be Larin and Johnson. But is it fair to cut someone now for a slight improvement. US on the other hand held back their big MLS players. Sucks that for TFC this was 1 game for the group stage now they lose Bradley and Altidore for the next 2. Hopefully Arena is reasonable and releases Morrow.
    There are a number of Liga MX players who are likely to be released back to their teams. One of those is Villafana, who in theory is their starting LB. Morrow would then be staying.

Regardless, Morrow is not being released back to TFC in a trade for Bradley and Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USA released their team for Knockout round. As expected, Bradley and Altidore called up and Morrow staying there for the second round as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be interesting to see if Arena throws all 3 TFC players into the staring lineup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow likely on the bench now. Although if Arena chooses the 3-5-2 against Mexico again, Morrow is a good fit for that LWB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Arena throws all 3 TFC players into the staring lineup.
    Does affiliation to a certain club team even have a factor on who is in the line up for a national team?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Does affiliation to a certain club team even have a factor on who is in the line up for a national team?
    Not at all, it's just seems that with Bruce Arena's MLS ties to the MLS he is willing to compromise to some extent with the club teams.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to imagine what Alseth is going to experience on Wednesday. Poor guy - two games and he goes up against Kaka & Villa. (He must be pinching himself to be this lucky). Villa has spent most of his career gunning in from the left. He's been the MVP of the league so far.

This isn't last years NYC. Much more mobile in their midfield and with a defence able to play out of the back. They are still vulnerable back there and Hamilton/Seba should have a good time. A result will be difficult but if anybody can do it, its our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like edwards was released from Canada s roster,we could sure use him weds night.Larin added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looks like edwards was released from Canada s roster,we could sure use him weds night.Larin added.
    Disappointing that Edwards didnt get àny minutes, glad to have him back for the next 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a winnable game but I think we shift back to a 4-4-2 for this one. It is yet again another chance to showcase our depth. I'm thinking we line up something like:

Bono
    Morgan / Moor / Mavinga/Zavs / Alesth

Edwards / Cheryou / Vazquez / Delgado

Seba / Hamilton

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Well they seem to have waited till the round was decided. I'd love to know if there would've been a difference in the wait.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-a...finals-p161020

Anyway

I'll be at Joe's for this one. Another game of ping pong at the Pigeon Farm.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------------------Bono------------------------
    --------Zavaleta---Moor---Mavinga------------
    -Hasler--Cheyrou--Delgado--Vasquez--Edwards-
    ------------Giovinco---Hamilton----------------

Doesn't look so bad now Edwards is back? Maybe Chapman for Cheyrou, since the Vasquez/Cheyrou experiment is pretty slow? Although the Vasq/Chapman experiment also didn't go too well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really annoying that MLS respected the Gold Cup while Bradley and Jozy weren't there, and now that they are, we have games again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's really annoying that MLS respected the Gold Cup while Bradley and Jozy weren't there, and now that they are, we have games again.
    This.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the limited players at our disposal Vanney just needs to come up with a gameplan to hold NYC at bay on that tiny little pitch for 90 min. Shouldn't be too hard right? Should be an easier pitch to park the bus on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This.
    On the bright side Bradley and Altidore got a weeks worth of rest after a very full schedule the last month and half. Which I am sure came only helped.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFC are going to be deadly on that short poor excuse for a soccer pitch. AS FYR says, it will be a ping pong match for sure. Our track record there is not stellar, if you take out the playoffs last year. Look for lots of goals.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with a tie in this one, but you never know, as commented above the Vasquez/Cheyrou combo didn't work well, but with the short pitch it might be better to that combo, thoughts, Delgado can do the most of the legwork defensively.