Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    I think that TFC is so hard to breakdown that coaches would need to blame the refs for their own mistakes. I might be bias, but I think Alan Kelly was helping them more then us today, but somehow Kreis still has the audacity to talk. Biello, and now Kreis, this is funny, true hypocrites.
    Agreed. Two game where the officials screwed us and there is plenty of wine coming from the opposition.

These guys should just count themselves lucky MLS officials are too dumb to call persistent infringement. Altidore and Giovinco would be stream rolling defences even more than they already are.

The amount of hacking we have to put up with is just stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just part of his standard "us against the world" playbook. The league doesn't have someone with Gazidis' stature to enforce against this these days

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?...rts/ci_9196244

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...e-as-hard.html
    Last edited by ensco; 07-06-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    \

There have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy worse reffing performances this year than that game. In fact, that was one of the few games I've seen where the reffing kind of blended into the background and didn't have any impact on the game. Kreis is an idiot to go off on that. I guess his wonder kid, top MLS manager lustre is wearing off.
    Funny enough I thought the same thing about the reffing after the game was done. I thought it was the first game in a while where the reffing wasn't taking centre stage in some way. The calls were decent and the game was decided by the teams. Hilarious to see Kreis whining about it. Maybe he should watch the game again to see where the issue was. It wasn't the reffing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's just part of his standard "us against the world" playbook. The league doesn't have someone with Gazidis' stature to enforce against this these days

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?...rts/ci_9196244

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...e-as-hard.html
    Ah, so this guy has a history of being a little bitch with the exact same cry.
    Gotcha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great performances from the usual suspects, but I really liked the look of Alseth. Some great passes and plenty of energy in tough conditions. He had a few tough moments with Kaka, but I felt he was bit exposed in that regard, thought maybe Delgado should have offered more help. But facing Kaka at home in those conditions, even the best full backs in the league would have problems. Great to see him put a good shift in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said this: "Reason number one maybe because our crowd is so raucous and so vocal that referees feel a little intimidated."

So in other words, they are so intimidated by the crowd the referees do the opposite of what the crowd wants? Like some kind of Costanza decision making process?
    it's strange but I wonder if there is truth to that. After the hit on Beita it was obvious it should have been straight red but the crowd was just screaming at the ref (I was a couple of sections over from the impact) and I knew he wouldn't make the right call there. Could be the ego of the ref coming through and making a choice just to say "this is my decision".

Kreis is definitely offbase on his assessment of this game but he may have a point about the intimidating environment causing the ref to alter obvious calls to rebel against the pressure. Wonder if there is a study on this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gantar in the Voyageur's Final decided to not whistle much and only give cards where necessary. He wasn't intimidated by the crowd - he was following his own approach.

That's all fine and dandy but you have to be consistent if you do that, and he has not been.

VAR is going to change all this.

Just ignore the Confederation's Cup VAR experience - that was a boatload of inexperienced people trying to implement something most of the Refs have never dealt with. PRO refs and VAR's have been going over testing results in mid week meetings to see where VAR would have been appropriate and how it would have been done.

They are going to get things wrong but the implentation will be consistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think this can be beneficial, just hope it's used for "special occasions" and doesn't slow the game down too much.
    I suppose this could allow the coaches to ask for specific plays to be reviewed -- of course things like offside calls, it's already too late. Momentum gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gantar in the Voyageur's Final decided to not whistle much and only give cards where necessary. He wasn't intimidated by the crowd - he was following his own approach.

That's all fine and dandy but you have to be consistent if you do that, and he has not been.

Just ignore the Confederation's Cup VAR experience - that was a boatload of inexperienced people trying to implement something most of the Refs have never dealt with. PRO refs and VAR's have been going over testing results in mid week meetings to see where VAR would have been appropriate and how it would have been done.

They are going to get things wrong but the implentation will be consistent.
    Intimidating may have been the wrong word. I know he wasn't intimidated but do you think his ego came into play when he issued a yellow on an obvious red card foul play. The play matches exactly what the laws of the game state a red must be issued for. (excessive force etc. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Intimidating may have been the wrong word. I know he wasn't intimidated but do you think his ego came into play when he issued a yellow on an obvious red card foul play. The play matches exactly what the laws of the game state a red must be issued for. (excessive force etc. )
    Intimidated is definitely the wrong word. Combative with the crowd may be a better word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intimidated is definitely the wrong word. Combative with the crowd may be a better word.
    It was a classic case of failing to make consecutive calls which eventually let the game slip out of control. He elected to not make decisions early on as an "easy way out".

A good official would have gone to his book, talked guys down, and regained control over the match. If there is legitimately a foul every other play it's not the refs fault the game is choppy. Guys need to be reined in.

Gantar has really been poor to attrocious in every match I've seen him. We complain about a lot of guys, most occasionally do better or are legitimately okay. Gantar ... he just doesn't have what it takes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great performances from everyone starting with vanney who continues to mix things up and getting results. Especially happy that Morgan bounced back to have a good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Highlights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame Hamilton didn't pot one of those. he did most of the right things but needed to be a little bit more sharp.