0 Thread(s)

Hell yeah

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very glad to be wrong about this game.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great response from a poor performance in Dallas. It's what top sides do! I said 2-1 earlier but that free kick was pure class.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo! I wasn't expecting this result. Considering TFC was in alone on Bendik at least three other times, the scoreline could have been even better. Orlando had some chances as well but not as clear cut.

I had to switch off MLS Live real quick at the end, Kreis blaming it on the ref. At least 4 times Orlando clearly pushed through the back of a TFC player, including the foul on Jozy before Seba's free kick goal. Every time Orlando freaked out when they were called for it. Who cares if the TFC player was expecting the push, it's called shielding the ball, going through the back is an obvious foul every time.

This time MLS Live was TSN in the first half, and Orlando local broadcast 2nd half. Do they do that often this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which VPN?

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Woohoo! I wasn't expecting this result. Considering TFC was in alone on Bendik at least three other times, the scoreline could have been even better. Orlando had some chances as well but not as clear cut.

I had to switch off MLS Live real quick at the end, Kreis blaming it on the ref. At least 4 times Orlando clearly pushed through the back of a TFC player, including the foul on Jozy before Seba's free kick goal. Every time Orlando freaked out when they were called for it. Who cares if the TFC player was expecting the push, it's called shielding the ball, going through the back is an obvious foul every time.

This time MLS Live was TSN in the first half, and Orlando local broadcast 2nd half. Do they do that often this year?

What vpn do you use - all TSN games are blacked-out and GEO-Blacked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful performance from the Reds tonight! We dominated that game from start to finish and could easily have racked up a similar tally to RSL last night. A number of great perfomances throughout the side. I thought Hernandez and Zavaletta were superb at the back. Young Alseth had his best 45 in a red shirt in the first half. The captain was superb once again providing cover for the defence and orchestrating the attack. However, you cant look past Seba for MOTM, a few moments of genius once again from the wee man. He is so good at executing many of these moves he makes it look so easy

Onwards and upwards !!!

p.s. fingers crossed Vancouver and Portland do us a favour later...
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 07-05-2017 at 09:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    What vpn do you use - all TSN games are blacked-out and GEO-Blacked
    Shhh, just between you & me: TunnelBear. Since this game wasn't blocked in the US, it worked.

I also heard that you can do something in the Opera browser to deal with this issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season continues to look Galaxyesque.

Yes, they had some chances on runs but that was impressive team defence we were playing. Nobody was pulled out of shape (unlike against Dallas).

The 4-4-2 was good for a bit but we were so much better running a 3-5-2 against their diamond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an interesting game. I think Greg V might have surprised Kreis with that formation and of course big performances all around. Now can go into the break feeling good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic win and a much needed 3 points. I was impressed by Alseth, he looked solid. Could be a good depth player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Wonderful performance from the Reds tonight! We dominated that game from start to finish and could easily have racked up a similar tally to RSL last night. A number of great perfomances throughout the side. I thought Hernandez and Zavaletta were superb at the back. Young Alseth had his best 45 in a red shirt in the first half. The captain was superb once again providing cover for the defence and orchestrating the attack. However, you cant look past Seba for MOTM, a few moments of genius once again from the wee man. He is so good at executing many of these moves he makes it look so easy

Onwards and upwards !!!

p.s. fingers crossed Vancouver do us a favour later...
    We've got a coach that seems to get it and a deep squad of good players who are perfect for MLS, with serious proper footballers in Giovinco and Vasquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very solid road performance. Took our chances pretty well and we shut them down for the most part.

Morgan and Alseth were both much better. Alseth played a nice one-touch pass to Delgado to keep our build up going on the second goal, and Morgan made some nice runs down the left. Maybe they're both more comfortable as outright full backs rather than wing backs, or maybe they had to shake off some rust, or maybe the whole team was just off vs. Dallas and it's unfair to judge them by that 1st game. Maybe all three. Either way this was far better.

Shoutout to Hernandez who's been very solid and doing everything you can ask of a veteran depth guy on a cheap contract. Smart pickup by Bez.

Giovinco was on fire today, hopefully he continues rounding into form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a game Giovinco had and Vasquez is a godsend.
    Morgan had a better game, he's a decent defender...he just doesn't offer anything attack wise as a fullback should.
    Chapman strikes me as having low football IQ...rarely makes a pass forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see them pick themselves up after that dustup in Dallas. Hopefully everyone will get back to health during the break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were some passes by Alseth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was quite the performance. Impressive to rebound like that for a midweek game on the road.

Thought we walked through their defence with ease when we wanted to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Orlando is so much shittier than Dallas, like these 2 games has showed.
    But in Dallas TFC played like TFC of 2007-2014, and today TFC 2017 shoved up, even with the so many important pieces missing on field.
    If we could have played just half as good in Dallas like today, we would have stolen a point from Dallas for sure.

Of course, 3 points from these very difficult 2 away games, considering all the conditions is very pleasing.
    Heck, I think not too many people would have complained if we had 2 draws, but 3 points is a lot better.

Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-05-2017 at 10:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Seba's free kick goal doesn't even move the needle on the xG but Hamilton missed a sitter.

On another note, Vasquez was taken off because he was sick (according to Larson).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to Vanney for making the formation change pre-game and mid-game. That's a bold move.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Kreis going on a major-league officiating whine: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...g-unacceptable

After that game, what a fucking dipshit. I suppose the ref let TFC walk through the Orlando defense with ease? Players shielding the ball should be pushed over from behind w/o a foul getting called -- at least if they're on the opposing team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Kreis going on a major-league officiating whine: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...g-unacceptable

After that game, what a fucking dipshit. I suppose the ref let TFC walk through the Orlando defense with ease? Players shielding the ball should be pushed over from behind w/o a foul getting called -- at least if they're on the opposing team?
    He's desperate. Knows he's on his way out of a job if things continue there. Still ridiculous comments.

I like that he went out of his way to single out the foul on Altidore that led to the free kick goal. Watch the replay, Jason - Spector sticks his foot between Altidore's legs and then can opener's him, and as if that wasn't enough Aja comes in and just shoves him in the back. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that TFC is so hard to breakdown that coaches would need to blame the refs for their own mistakes. I might be bias, but I think Alan Kelly was helping them more then us today, but somehow Kreis still has the audacity to talk. Biello, and now Kreis, this is funny, true hypocrites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only saw the highlights, but Seba is obviously back. That is way, way more important than where we are in the SS race. (How many times has he hit the post or crossbar here? 12? )

Also, as a stalwart Ashtone Morgan defender, loved the cross from Morgan to Hamilton late. Nice ball!

Also, the respect that teams have to give Vasquez is really starting to open things up. We just have so much firepower now, it's unreal.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-06-2017 at 04:16 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\

There have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy worse reffing performances this year than that game. In fact, that was one of the few games I've seen where the reffing kind of blended into the background and didn't have any impact on the game. Kreis is an idiot to go off on that. I guess his wonder kid, top MLS manager lustre is wearing off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I only saw the highlights, but Seba is obviously back. That is way, way more important than where we are in the SS race. (How many times has he hit the post or crossbar here? 12? )

Also, as a stalwart Ashtone Morgan defender, loved the cross from Morgan to Hamilton late. Nice ball!

Also, the respect that teams have to give Vasquez is really starting to open things up. We just have so much firepower now, it's unreal.
    Yes. I think we see Giovinco going on a crazy run from here. Just a feeling. I bet he wins the golden boot in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like there's a player in there with Alseth

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yes. I think we see Giovinco going on a crazy run from here. Just a feeling. I bet he wins the golden boot in the end.
    He would need to go on quite the hot streak.
    It would be an impressive achievement if he managed to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what point does MLS step in and tell the coaches to stop bitching?
    It's really making MLS's talented coaches look like shit as a whole.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that we have a 3-way tie for overall points on TFC.
    It shows that this is really about the group effort.
    And it shows what a valuable addition Vazquez is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    At what point does MLS step in and tell the coaches to stop bitching?
    It's really making MLS's talented coaches look like shit as a whole.
    He said this: "Reason number one maybe because our crowd is so raucous and so vocal that referees feel a little intimidated."

So in other words, they are so intimidated by the crowd the referees do the opposite of what the crowd wants? Like some kind of Costanza decision making process?