Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 19 - TFC @ Orlando Wednesday July 5 7:30pm - Facing the Florida Men

Have At It People

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With injuries, absences and exhaustion I expect TFC to lose this one.

TFC ptsd starting to come back again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando is not as good as Dallas, but their home field support is formidable. I'd be happy with a tie at this point in the season. And it will be their 6th game in like 3 weeks. Nobody else in MLS has had as crazy a schedule as them over the last two months.

That said, I have a feeling that the players don't like the result from Dallas and will be looking to bounce back and give Orlando a loss in their new home.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Snowbird match.

I need a win. And beers.

I'll be at Joe's for this one!

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    With injuries, absences and exhaustion I expect TFC to lose this one.

TFC ptsd starting to come back again.
    We all knew July was going to be tricky to navigate through with the Gold Cup. We just need to stay within touching distance of the top of the table. I genuinely believe this group has the stones to come good and win the supporters shield. There is a different mindset to this group than previous TFC sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's remember that last July we were dropping points while up a man in multiple games, seemingly lost with players in and out of the lineup. By September we were the front runners for the shield and would have gone on to win it had switched to the 3-5-2 earlier and not lost Seba for that last month. We're in a much better position this year. The teams around us will start dropping points soon too.

That said I think this'll be an interesting match. Orlando don't typically attack down the wings, meanwhile that's easily where we're weakest right now. They certainly won't target it anywhere near as effectively and relentlessly as Dallas did. If we can put up a bit of a better fight on the wings this game I think we can get a point.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That's interesting, I wonder if TFC switches to the 4-4-2 diamond?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...159420469.html
    Iguana in the toilet is no match for Florida Man. what a perpetually evolving meme.

I hope the boys are pissed off after that last one. They had some decent time on the ball but nothing seemed to drop for them. With Vazquez back (he is back right?) our mid should be much more dangerous. Hopefully Ashtone and Alseth can step up their game and surprise with some width. Alseth looked great in a TFCII game, now time to convert it to the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we dont field morgan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan's fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the Reds are having a wonderful 4th of July down in Orlando.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Agreed, the team has improved so much that there's no real place for him...maybe when we're up 3-0 with 5 mins left.
    Vasquez is back so that should set a spark through midfield and get Jozy and Seba some decent service since it won't be coming from the wingbacks anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you have to go to depth you have to be able to depend on that depth, just watching the replay of the game and I beg to differ, Mavinga got roasted on 2 of those goals, and Bono was too slow off his line on the first goal. Yes the service was not there from the wingbacks, but the service should have been through the middle. Just my opinion. That game was a loss by the whole team not Morgan. Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.
    There's no need for that. Just because a poster doesn't have a long user record, it doesn't make his/her opinion any less valid than yours or mine. For all we know, the guy/girl could be following TFC for years and was a lurker on the boards for a long time.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you have to go to depth you have to be able to depend on that depth, just watching the replay of the game and I beg to differ, Mavinga got roasted on 2 of those goals, and Bono was too slow off his line on the first goal. Yes the service was not there from the wingbacks, but the service should have been through the middle. Just my opinion. That game was a loss by the whole team not Morgan. Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.
    Mavinga was also responsible for the goal conceded vs montreal, where he gave up chase and watched the ball get blasted into the net. He played well for the past month, although last 2 games he's been terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is such an extreme reaction. He's been injured for, what, a year and has played bits of two games back? Give the guy a chance to get up to MLS speed before writing him off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Mavinga was also responsible for the goal conceded vs montreal, where he gave up chase and watched the ball get blasted into the net. He played well for the past month, although last 2 games he's been terrible.
    I would agree that Mavinga did not have a good game. With him it seems to be something in his head, because he has the pace and skill to be where he needs to be; it just seems sometimes like he doesn't choose to do it. Last game was reminiscent of his first start, and it sounds like Vanney was all over him after that. He really responded and was a different (and I would say very good) player for the last month (as you note in your post). Hopefully Vanney will read him the riot act again (or whatever he did the last time) and Mavinga 2.0 will reappear. With fewer offensive options because of injuries and absences, we need the D to be super-tight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ain't got nobody but Morgan, Endoh and Alseth for WB's. Maybe Delgado but he's so valuable as the shuttler. Like Mavinga, we are going to love the ones we are with.

On another note, this game is the last one for 2 weeks. I fully expect the guys to give it all for as long as they can in the 30+ degree heat its supposed to be at game time tomorrow night. Nobody is going to be rested from the start. There will need to be some subs. But anybody expecting a fast free flowing game is going to be disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    No he wasn't. Bradley not really paying attention to what Dzemali was doing was a bigger contributing factor than Mavinga getting an unlucky bounce after his tackle.

Go watch it again https://twitter.com/FantasyXL_com/st...57176507973634

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol... I have lurked here quite some time and only decided to sign up last year.

Anyways - If you watch Morgans track record of BEFORE his injury, he's never quite fit in with the play style of TFC. This is in MY very unprofessional opinion of course.
    I know he hasn't had a hell of a lot of minutes to play with vasquez, bradley, gio, etc and having a solid team around him may change his play... Haven't written him off - I'm just not a fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Last game was reminiscent of his first start, and it sounds like Vanney was all over him after that. He really responded and was a different (and I would say very good) player for the last month
    I agree heavily with this. His first start (in reality, probably super nerve-wracking in a different league with a new team) was really mediocre, but he really quickly made a turn around and became an asset. Hopefully he gets his head back in it and we see the Mavinga we've seen for the last month again.

He's also had some MEAN life-saving slides in the last X games. That bounce in the MTL game was really unfortunate.
    Last edited by samuraizero; 07-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    There's no need for that. Just because a poster doesn't have a long user record, it doesn't make his/her opinion any less valid than yours or mine. For all we know, the guy/girl could be following TFC for years and was a lurker on the boards for a long time.
    Right on man! I've been a supporter since day one but signed up only recently. I have directed most of my comments to the players on the pitch or to my tv screen. BTW kind regards to Jim of Inebriatti SG, with whom I spoke on Kingston Rd the other night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol... I have lurked here quite some time and only decided to sign up last year.

Anyways - If you watch Morgans track record of BEFORE his injury, he's never quite fit in with the play style of TFC. This is in MY very unprofessional opinion of course.
    I know he hasn't had a hell of a lot of minutes to play with vasquez, bradley, gio, etc and having a solid team around him may change his play... Haven't written him off - I'm just not a fan.
    Derko here, sorry about that just kind of irks that if TFC loses a game it's always 1 player or another that gets the heat, and apologies for the number of posts reference, I can eat humble pie, Cheers brother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Derko here, sorry about that just kind of irks that if TFC loses a game it's always 1 player or another that gets the heat, and apologies for the number of posts reference, I can eat humble pie, Cheers brother
    No problem. Lots of passion behind this game we love. In all instances of anything I say - its always my own opinion, and goodness knows I'm often wrong. I'm just playing off the memories of watching Morgan several years ago and not being pleased with his play. Hasty comment by me, given he hasnt had minutes to be brought up to speed.
    Just a personal opinion

In the grand scheme, a loss is a loss and its a team loss. It's never one guy. That play 30 meters up the field may be what put us in any given situation, and you're right. Mostly one person gets the blame - but it comes down to team 100% of the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with Morgan is that he always feels half step behind reacting to the attacker when defending. His positioning and anticipation isn't very good. Lacking game mins last couple of years doesn't help either.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time we've worried about the lads this year, Vanney has pulled some string or another and they've found a way to make us happy. No reason to doubt a result of some sort in Orlando...certainly a draw would be more than acceptable under the circumstances. Definitely am worried about the WB/FB position...boy was Beita under-appreciated. Anyways, we have our four DPs (the three actual and one that deserves to be) in the lineup, so when thats the case TFC should have a result against anyone IMO.

Also RE: Morgan: give the guy a chance! He's barely had any first team football in so long, obviously he is going to start out looking like shite. I actually started to like what I saw from him last time he was in real fitness whenever that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neugs View Post
    Every time we've worried about the lads this year, Vanney has pulled some string or another and they've found a way to make us happy. No reason to doubt a result of some sort in Orlando...certainly a draw would be more than acceptable under the circumstances. Definitely am worried about the WB/FB position...boy was Beita under-appreciated. Anyways, we have our four DPs (the three actual and one that deserves to be) in the lineup, so when thats the case TFC should have a result against anyone IMO.

Also RE: Morgan: give the guy a chance! He's barely had any first team football in so long, obviously he is going to start out looking like shite. I actually started to like what I saw from him last time he was in real fitness whenever that was.
    Morgan was a fine prospect and a good player and got crocked by injuries. I'm certainly not going to say he can't come back from that. A lot of the criticism here strikes me as revisionist history; people always seem to need a goat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Morgan was a fine prospect and a good player and got crocked by injuries. I'm certainly not going to say he can't come back from that. A lot of the criticism here strikes me as revisionist history; people always seem to need a goat.
    I don't think Morgan has improved in last few years, while the rest of the team got so much better. His defending has never been good.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Vazquez back in the line up we should see a much different game from Saturday. I think for now a 4-4-2 makes more sense than a 3-5-2. We just don't have the proper WB's to pull off a 3-5-2 right now. A 4-4-2 diamond would allow Vazquez to push further up field and try to release either Seba or Jozy with his passes. I think 3 points is well within grasp in this game. The ref is Allen Kelly, which isn't the worst option.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get
    me
    to
    Joes
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER