Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had Vasquez in this game, it would have been a different game. This game was crying for someone to carve out a piece of magic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight trash tonight from the defensive core and Altidore. I thought Alseth did a lot more than Morgan, but that doesn't take much does it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it says something when Armando Freaking Cooper was probably the best TFC player this game. TFC played like they were a bit hungover from Tues's game celebration. Plus it's against Dallas who I said was very good and away in Dallas heat where TFC doesn't have a good record.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    If we had Vasquez in this game, it would have been a different game. This game was crying for someone to carve out a piece of magic.
    Yeah, Seba and Alti had almost zero decent service.
    Not saying that they were playing good at all, of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was no width whatsoever, only danger came from piercing passes up the middle or long balls to the attackers peeling out wide. I feel that Vanney put out Morgan and Alseth out to give them the opportunity to earn their roster spot, neither did. So with the window coming up Bez will be busy shoring up the wingback positions.

I'm shattered by the Morgan performance, I was really pulling for him to bounce back. He had no fight always stood of the ball carrier, and when attacking never drove forward only looked to pass 5 yards backwards to safety.

Alseth mishandled easy passes and gave away possession so easily. Both didn't even seem to care to get involved.

Contrast with Cooper and Delgado who were always in the thick of it scrapping for possession and getting fouled hard. Same goes for Morrow, Edwards and Beits when they play get hacked all over because they're in the fight. Morgan and Alseth kept their unis in perfect condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mediocre performances from everyone except Mavinga, stood his ground until the very end. Can't complain much, this is just one of those games, lets hope they won't make this a habit. On to the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I'm waking up this morning not feeling all that much monumental disappointment.

If there was ever a game for us to have a dud, this was it. we've NEVER done well in Dallas, especially with a random game there in the middle of the Texas heat.

Take away what positives you can, and move on to our conference battle against Orlando on Wed.

Even the best teams will lose a stinker every once in a while. This was ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah, not terribly surprised by the result here. Best to move on a bit.

That said, I think Bez could stand to make a few small tweaks during the summer window.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to be Urruti for the last one. Moving on. Champions League, hey?

..and Orlando next.

Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-02-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it normal that they're flying straight to Orlando today?
    Seems like enough time to come back home and practice here before heading down there again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Is it normal that they're flying straight to Orlando today?
    Seems like enough time to come back home and practice here before heading down there again.
    One travel day is enough, especially with the game on Wednesday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!