Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how much we're missing Vasquez. Did we really have this much trouble last year without him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Wingbacks are complete dead weight. Dallas isnt even bothering trying to track them and why would they its an auto giveaway any time its sent their way.
    Yup. This game proves how vital our fullbacks are in our 3-5-2 system, and how good Beita and Morrow are. Morgan and Alseth offer nothing going forward so Dallas is just sticking to our midfield 3 and we can barely get into their half. We've got no wide options.

Move Cooper to RB at half and bring on Cheyrou or Chapman in the midfield.

Bez should be on the phone at half time looking for a replacement RB that can tide us over until Morrow or Edwards return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan should never start again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono, WTF you doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pull off one of the wingbacks and switch to 4-4-2. Bring in Chapman, we need another shuttler in this heat. Not a good game for Cheyrou.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Morgan is past his expiry date. Not good enough for MLS.

You don't give your rookie RB who hasn't played a lot of right wingback a start away at FCD. That's setting him up for failure.

Altidore has been non existent so far this game. FCD clogging the centre of the pitch when defending because TFC wingbacks have been so far.

I wouldn't have gone 3-5-2 away at Dallas. Not with those wingbacks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went looking for the reason Lamah pulled his shirt up after the first goal. The undershirt says "Forever in our hearts Tiote"

http://www.espnfc.us/ivory-coast/sto...aining-session

Lamah and Tiote broke in together at Anderlecht.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but Alseth is just a pylon.
    And Morgan? It's sad, but it's nothing new to say about him. He has no business playing anywhere higher than the USL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, its not like Dallas' defence is all that good. As others have said, our WB's are not a threat on either end. I don't blame Vanney for trying it as both players supposedly should be able to do this.

But, neither have shown they can space themselves properly or track the runners.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-01-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Well, Morgan is past his expiry date. Not good enough for MLS.
    Damn, I'we just read this after I posted regarding Morgan too.
    No folks, I was not copying Yohan's comment, lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game just shows how much we need our wingbacks and how good they are at what they do. We are going to really miss them..
    Oh and Vasquez...no spark in in the middle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to get exercised about Morgan and Alseth.

They clearly both are having a tough night, but you need games to find a rhythm.

If Morgan is in there, it's because he has shown enough to Vanney in practice etc to rate the shot.

Let's let Vanney decide on how to get games for, and evaluate, reserves. He has earned the right not to get endlessly second guessed when we have a tough game in 90 degree weather in Dallas, at the end of a brutal run of games.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    we have a tough game in 90 degree weather in Dallas
    Well this is not an elite team mentality.
    Because if we think like this, any MLS season some 6 away games are automatic losses: Colorado is always too high, Houston is always too hot, and there are those 4 plastic shit turfs (or maybe more than 4?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's let Vanney decide on how to get games for, and evaluate, reserves. He has earned the right not to get endlessly second guessed when we have a tough game in 90 degree weather in Dallas, at the end of a brutal run of games.
    Well said, and I'm not getting after Vanney here, we're pretty depleted in terms of options.

I just look at Morrow and Edwards and I'm not sure I see a future for Morgan here, sadly. Alseth, we shouldn't have expected much anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Well said, and I'm not getting after Vanney here, we're pretty depleted in terms of options.

I just look at Morrow and Edwards and I'm not sure I see a future for Morgan here, sadly. Alseth, we shouldn't have expected much anyways.
    I see a lot of guys looking out of sorts. Moor and Mavinga too.

Plus you just can't tell on TV. Often the guy that got exposed on the finish is not the person who was out of position. You need the all 22 camera. (Which they never use for replays. Which, for the life of me, I'll never understand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another yellow card gifted to our team for absolutely nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we've got some life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the little euro rail station bing that precedes stadium announcements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, they're really coming to life now.

Altidore's hitting Beast Mode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder where Bright Dike is these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the game. Back line a complete mess tonight. Moor had no idea Urrutti was making that run and Zavaleta didn't follow him or warn Moor about it.

Oh well. Hopefully Chicago loses at soon as well so we can stay close. They're on fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game over ...

Back down to earth with a bang. To be honest our league position has flattered us a little of late. Both Chicago & NYCFC have been playing better football this last month or so. We need to get ourselves together soon before the playoffs start to loom. Giovinco's form in particular is a real worry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder where Bright Dike is these days
    playing in Malaysia
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a long season. Everyone will suffer a bit of a dip in form. It can't be understated how important Morrow and Beita are, not to mention Edwards and Vazquez. Stay positive, this is a great side, they'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga looks like he's ready to fall over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Chapman get some more minutes when Vazquez is out though. I get that Vanney is trying to get Cooper into a rhythm and out of his funk, but Chapman needs more playing time too.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says a lot for how much Toronto has exorcised the ghosts of the past when it feels so strange to see them lose a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of crappy play all over with bad passes, awful touches, blown overages and really really sloppy play. I don't think one player had a good game, to be honest. Its almost like these guys were celebrating something this week.

If we were going to have a game like this, this was the place and time to do it. 3rd loss of the season. The guys will be not happy with that & I fully expect them to go into Orlando and play much better.

My eyes are on the NYCFC games later this month.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight and Wednesday was clearly the toughest road stretch the rest of the way and it was also coming off an extremely busy schedule (5th game in 15 days) and an extremely emotional high less than 5 days ago - no Vasquez or Beita (or Morrow) in a tough environment, let's not all read too much into this. I will see how the rest of the games this month go for both us and Chicago (at Portland, at NYC, at KC) before I annoint them in any way significantly better than us.....I'll gladly take a healthy TFC in the playoffs over everyone else these days and with a weeks rest between games like in November......it's a marathon not a sprint.....