Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This. Montréal deserves respect for bringing out 50 fans, probably some who ended up losing 2 days work.
    Agreed. For the 2014 Final, Montreal was the home team for the second leg. TFC had at most 20-25 fans. I know this because I was one of them. The only reason why I was even at the game was because I lived in Montreal at the time, others had driven from Ottawa.

If we're to compare, it's probably better to look at the home team's attendance. Even though we didn't get a sellout, we essentially had double the attendance they had in the first leg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Fisher & fuck that awful ref:
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/0...-injury-update

"Steven Beitashour sustained an abdominal injury in Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Impact, damaging his pancreas. As a result, Beitashour underwent surgery on Wednesday night and is now in stable condition."

Pancreas, that's nasty. Seriously, what a dumbass ref. He let the game get out of hand. Didn't call some deseved fouls & cards early, mostly in favour of Montreal, but not only. So the fouls & hits got progressively worse.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-29-2017 at 08:18 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

That is a beautiful video.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Loved it myself too, what an epic night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anyone got a video of the flying tackle on Beita? They ignored the whole thing in Game in 6.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/27/kyle-fisher-met-brutalement-en-echec-son-rival

Looks even worse viewing it again.

Also, Caldwell... the guy is truly a bruising center-back through and through. "Nothing malicious in it"... Okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/27/kyle-fisher-met-brutalement-en-echec-son-rival

Looks even worse viewing it again.

Also, Caldwell... the guy is truly a bruising center-back through and through. "Nothing malicious in it"... Okay.
    I think he's very much wearing his Scottish defender hat in the commentary both. Short of leaving a guy dead on the side of road nothing appears to be a foul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abdominal surgery.

Fisher should be arrested. That is premeditated. It's assault. Hockey players have been charged for less.

If this had happened in an MLS game, Fisher would have a five game suspension. Minimum.

Caldwell's taken a major hit to his credibility here. If he has half a brain, he'll apologize for his call.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-29-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question that was intentional. That was dirty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love that clip, and especially the part with Bradley sharing a moment post-game in Italian with his "amico", Giovinco

If anyone is wondering, it translates to: "Huge! How happy I am for you!"

Makes me wonder now if or how many times they communicate on the field that way

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That video was epic!
    Had to share it with friends in the UK and USA to see how amazing it is up here.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, https://twitter.com/chansler really does a great job on these videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Dude trust me when I say I'm not the type of person to take most anything in life seriously. But there are some things that people can do thats just a dick move. Whether they do it to be a dick, or they think they are being funny, they need to be called on it. And if they're gonna throw some lip back...well some people don't take that kind of shit.

I'm just saying there are consequences for being an asshole. And I'm glad that type of shit happens because it keeps people in check.
    this 100%. it used to be a few sporadic stomps and giggles, with some dicks mocking the clap, and those people clapping, while literally 99% of the stadium has joined in but tuesday night it was rampant. i like the 'barracks justice' approach the boys took. telling how at the end of extra time that 1% was joining in when the players started it.
    debate and disagree but dont be a ponce, that was one of the best atmospheres ever witnessed at TFC and to have someone in our jersey try to break that is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chills.

I wonder if there is high quality audio of the stadium when it erupts after the goal. The TV broadcast breaks up because it gets way loud too fast so it clips off the sound. It was magic in the stadium and would be fun to hear the full roar again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm from the uk and was visiting Toronto with friends recently. We went to the BMO field to support Toronto in this game. Have to just comment to criticise certain sections of the support. We were attacked both physically and verbally purely for supporting the team, trying to get some new chants going and having fun. Had the support of many fans around us but still pretty disappointing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankers101 View Post
    I'm from the uk and was visiting Toronto with friends recently. We went to the BMO field to support Toronto in this game. Have to just comment to criticise certain sections of the support. We were attacked both physically and verbally purely for supporting the team, trying to get some new chants going and having fun. Had the support of many fans around us but still pretty disappointing.
    Well sorry to hear you were attacked. This section of support, The Red Patch Boys, would not engage you physically unless you were being absolutely inhuman.

Next time you're in town give us a heads up and hopefully we can hang out pre match.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a shame a few overzealous individuals can spoil it for the masses, that 80:20 rule I guess.

Hopefully it was nothing serious,