Cheyrou in extra time

Then there is this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    \\

It's just you. He's the same as Chapman, Endoh and Osorio. Very lucky to be making up the numbers.
    I'm not sure what you have been watching this season but Delgado has been playing fantastic since Vanney inserted him into the starting line up. He gives the midfield balance as prior to him in the lineup there was no balance with cooper or osorio instead. He has been a revelation this year. The best part is he is only 22 and he is an integeral part of this team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Seba's reaction to the game winner was awesome. He completely lost his shit and jumped the ad board to get to the supporters.

I love this group of guys we've got, so fucking much. They clearly love being a part of this team, and being here. I know winning tends to do that, but after so many years of infighting and misery, it's just so rewarding to see. I'm actually welling up a little while I type this, haha.
    yes. Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Wow, my son and I scared the cats when Gio scored that last goal on a perfect pass from Edwards. I think some people need to go back and edit their comments from earlier. But to me, this game showed the difference in quality between Osorio and Delgado. Marky provided the midfield spark that was missing compared to Oso.

This rivalry just gets more and more epic. I feel this is much more intense than even the Cascadia rivalries have ever been.
    brilliant game, but not a game to testify about Delgado. He was poor and occasionally mediocre. Oso was very strong. Vanney usually gets things right but this substitution didn't work.

i don't dispute that Delgado has had very good games this year, but this wasn't one of them. Tons of mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of talk about players but little mention of Bradley. I only got to watch the highlights but he featured in most of the chances shown with his pin point passing tonight. That and he stole the ball from Tabla to give us that one last opportunity.

This team though.. damn it feels so good to have a team we can be proud of. Work ethic, skill, personalities, and a completely unselfish attitude. It's all about TFC. Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man what a fuckin game. Watchin the replay right after gettin home haha were gonna beat montreal on replay in 5 minutes tune in !!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stop giggling at Seba's postgame interview with KJ. Haven't seen him that happy in ages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado was demonstrably better than Osorio tonight. We're were much better when he was on, and our first goal doesn't happen if Osorio is on the field instead. He's growing to be an incredibly good player. Very Dax McCarty-ish performance from him tonight.

Nothing better than beating Montreal at Home in the summer. Giovinco cementing his legacy with that performance tonight.

This team is amazing and I love every player and I hope even just for their sake they go on and win the treble this year. They deserve it.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 06-28-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if anyone wants lots of the more intimate video type content from last tonight I highly suggest Waking the reds piece. You will at the ver yleast get to witness Tosaint Ricketts dancing to 'summer of 69' by Bryan Adams. Worth it.

Side note: Does Bradley really have a massive Celtic Cross tattooed on the inside of his arm. I've never seen that before. It's quite the...bold choice lets say, given it's connotations.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 06-28-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that a few reporters have been critical of Bradley running towards the ref asking for Bernier to be sent off. I don't think Bradley deserved to be criticized for that. It was the events that lead up to the emotional charge by Bradley.

The obvious red card for Fisher's tackle on Beita, the missed PK call, and multiple dirty clips from behind by Impact players have lead to this situation. I understand its a derby game and Gantar was letting everything go, but some fouls were too obvious and blatant. If I was a player on the pitch, I would do the exact same thing Bradley did, too much was at stake. Sometimes refs just won't wake up until players show it to them.

It was too much, and I wonder what would happen if Montreal scored the final minute goal instead of us, I bet all the reporters would be criticizing Gantar for not doing his job....then it would be too late, wouldn't it? Call me bias, but I am on Bradley's side for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I'm not sure what you have been watching this season but Delgado has been playing fantastic since Vanney inserted him into the starting line up. He gives the midfield balance as prior to him in the lineup there was no balance with cooper or osorio instead. He has been a revelation this year. The best part is he is only 22 and he is an integeral part of this team
    I agree with you, Delgado's 100+ games experience in MLS really shows.

We continue to have a complete steal of a player with him from that Chivas USA dispersal draft.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    brilliant game, but not a game to testify about Delgado. He was poor and occasionally mediocre. Oso was very strong....
    Everybody in my part of 221 was saying exactly the opposite. Osorio was his usual 3 touch, pass it back don't go forward self. Delgado found the spaces and did 1 touch passes. The only time he did more then 3 touches, he botched a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Delgado was demonstrably better than Osorio tonight. We're were much better when he was on, and our first goal doesn't happen if Osorio is on the field instead. He's growing to be an incredibly good player. Very Dax McCarty-ish performance from him tonight.
    not the night to be praising Delgado. No question he has raised his game this year but he was nearly invisible for most of the time he was on, one or two plays with Beita aside. And Osorio was strong, in the right positions, and effective in his time on the pitch. Some good attacking passes, strong defensive play and workrate, and ball control generally. His one mistake was on the pass to Ricketts but it looked like Ricketts made the wrong run.

i continue to be baffled that Oso gets so little love on these boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Everybody in my part of 221 was saying exactly the opposite. Osorio was his usual 3 touch, pass it back don't go forward self. Delgado found the spaces and did 1 touch passes. The only time he did more then 3 touches, he botched a chance.
    He made several good passes in the offensive end. Yes, he was also conservative with the ball at times but the game dictated that in certain moments. Very strong defensive work rate.

My section was groaning too - about Delgado. He really looked off and a step behind until the last few minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Man what a fuckin game. Watchin the replay right after gettin home haha were gonna beat montreal on replay in 5 minutes tune in !!!!

Where did you find the replay? Would love to watch again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    not the night to be praising Delgado. No question he has raised his game this year but he was nearly invisible for most of the time he was on, one or two plays with Beita aside. And Osorio was strong, in the right positions, and effective in his time on the pitch. Some good attacking passes, strong defensive play and workrate, and ball control generally. His one mistake was on the pass to Ricketts but it looked like Ricketts made the wrong run.

i continue to be baffled that Oso gets so little love on these boards.
    They ran through our midfield by overloading the middle on their only goal. Part of that was Bradley, but with Delgado out there that doesn't happen. His positioning is better and his ball winning skills are better.

His direct 20 yard entry pass to Bradley kept the Impact pegged back and led to our first goal. He drew the red card on Bernier. He helped pressure the ball and win it back for the final goal. I'm skeptical that Osorio could have accomplished any of that.

It's not Osorio bashing. and I want to be really clear about that. I love that guy to death. you cut him open and he bleeds TFC. watching him run to the supporters immediatly after the final whistle of the Montreal game is everything that's beautiful about this team and this city.

He just really doesn't fit in the lineup when he's out there with Bradley and Vazquez, meaning he can't start games. I Still think Oso's a talented player who can thrive in the right role, like he did two years ago in the diamond. I'm positive that if we ever go back to the diamond or he finds another team that plays that formation and gives him a similar role he'll be back to being an above average MLS midfielder. He'd be a great fit in a Jason Kreis team for instance

He's just really the opposite of what is needed in that third midfield spot beside Vazquez and Bradley unfortunately.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 06-28-2017 at 06:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that have cable (us dinosaurs) - TSN2 is showing it again at 10pm tonight (Wednesday).....I PVR this stuff on game day anyways so the rewatch last night was epic....😄

After last years Montreal epic game I asked if somebody could create a DVD keepsake and after much ridicule about streaming and downloading (ha ha ha) and "who wants a silly hard copy of a game" and such, eventually a beautiful piece was made as a keepsake and more than myself was interested in such a piece.....not suggesting anything similar be created about last nights game.....but....😄😄😄😄😄

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's helpful. TSN2 it is tonight then. Guessing numbers will be low in Montreal. Has anyone seen a replay of Fishers body check on Beitashour? Would be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fisher's bodycheck would get an immediate red in any league in the world. I think that was the single worst refereed game that I have seen in years.

How could Steven Caldwell argue repeatedly on the broadcast the the Fisher "tackle" on Beita was a yellow? Somehow that made me madder than the tackle itself.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-28-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a time in the NHL when a check like that got you 5 and a game misconduct. Which is why I don't watch that league anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Fisher's bodycheck would get an immediate red in any league in the world. I think that was the single worst refereed game that I have seen in years.

How could Steven Caldwell argue repeatedly on the broadcast the the Fisher "tackle" on Beita was a yellow? Somehow that made me madder than the tackle itself.
    I find Caldwell does that all the time and it annoys me. He seems to downplay almost every foul especially for some reason against TFC. I figure he is trying to show how tough he is since being a former CB or something. Maybe trying to show he is impartial being a former TFC player but then overcompensating. I like the guy. But that part annoys me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I got home last night I saw the replay of the second half.... Gantar is the worst, he lost control of the game there were fouls on both sides that weren't called. The pk non call was the worst miss of the game. Bernier's red shouldn't have been a red, but if he called the pk that would have been Fishers second yellow and therefore they would have been down a man anyways. Delgado and Jozy made the difference to turn this game around from Jozy's presence occupying two defenders and Delgado's quick touches and smart movement. Kudos for Vanney to make that changes, he has really grown since his hiring.

Well done to the crowd tonight it was loud from the get go and when Seba scored the winner it was incredible, even on the replay you could feel the excitement

I'm still buzzing at work today... Nights like yesterday make the last 10 years worth it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at the back of 114. I totally missed the winning goal because all I could see was flags from where I was. A bit disappointed at that. I think it is time to relocate for me since I go to not only chant and support but also I want to see the game. I missed many exciting plays last night and it really started to get to me. I expect the occasional flag obstruction but at times there were flags up that weren't even being waved so was constantly blocking one part of the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am at the back of 114. I totally missed the winning goal because all I could see was flags from where I was. A bit disappointed at that. I think it is time to relocate for me since I go to not only chant and support but also I want to see the game. I missed many exciting plays last night and it really started to get to me. I expect the occasional flag obstruction but at times there were flags up that weren't even being waved so was constantly blocking one part of the field.
    We are in the upper half of 110 and whilst being a supporters section, there is all the revelry that comes with it, but rarely miss any action. What a great game, what a great team, what a great group of supporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what started the trouble at the top of 114 last night? saw security go steaming in ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    I can't stop giggling at Seba's postgame interview with KJ. Haven't seen him that happy in ages.
    Does anyone have a link to this interview? I can only see interviews from Vanney, Edwards and Irwin on the TFC website.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    We are in the upper half of 110 and whilst being a supporters section, there is all the revelry that comes with it, but rarely miss any action. What a great game, what a great team, what a great group of supporters

I'm a bit conflicted on this issue. I am also near the top of 114. Thankfully, not dead centre since that would probably cause me to miss most of the game. I'm glad for the flags and the energetic support. But I also think there could be times now and then that they lower the flag. Maybe Toronto has a corner kick at that end... might be nice to put them down for a couple minutes for us to watch that. Maybe Toronto is putting on a lot of pressure in that end... ditto. At the same time I'm happy that they are constantly being waved because it looks good and boosts excitement. There were several moments when I had to watch the big screen in order to see the play that was right in front of me. There's no easy answer. It's a supporters section.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    what started the trouble at the top of 114 last night? saw security go steaming in ...

That was not far from me. It was people getting upset with jack-asses who insist on stomping their feet trying to trick people during the slow clap. There was another guy I could see doing that and I wanted to stomp him. Shit like that is juvenile and disrespectful to the fans and team. If you are one of those people... fuck off!! (not "you" as in Cityboy... I mean "you" as in anyone reading this... lol)