Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    That was not far from me. It was people getting upset with jack-asses who insist on stomping their feet trying to trick people during the slow clap. There was another guy I could see doing that and I wanted to stomp him. Shit like that is juvenile and disrespectful to the fans and team. If you are one of those people... fuck off!! (not "you" as in Cityboy... I mean "you" as in anyone reading this... lol)
    a mate of mine in 114 was verbally abused and threatened last night for not joining in the clap by one of the black shirts in there. Yup.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    a mate of mine in 114 was verbally abused and threatened last night for not joining in the clap by one of the black shirts in there. Yup.
    Well that's dumb, but that's different from this situation.
    The folks from Inebriatti got fed up with pricks who think it's hilarious to fuck with the slow clap.
    So things got heated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what started the trouble at the top of 114 last night? saw security go steaming in ...
    From what I could tell it was started by some people trying to throw off the chant where everyone had their arms in the air doing the clap (can't recall the name is for it). Some people were doing a double stomp on the stands which was getting half the section to clap off time and throwing off some nearby sections too. Some guys started yelling at other guys to stop screwing it up then a little pushing turned to alot of pushing then a little chaos. Added to the mix of course was it was late in the game so everyone was full or drink and it was a time in the game where some bullshit calls seemed to be going against us so tension was high so I am sure that added to it as well. Fights broke out in two different parts of 114 but security was on top of it pretty quick and diffused the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reallly freakin enjoying the hand-wringing and whining from Montreal today and after the game.

One note on the Bernier call: everyone seems to be acting like that was a wrong call, a makeup call even. Even people who aren't looking at this through blue and black lenses. Bernier put his studs on Delgado's ankle, or at the very least was reckless/dumb enough to put himself in a position where it could be seen that way. It was a significantly more reckless tackle IMO than Fisher's first. Delgado made a meal of it but I think it was still 100% red card worthy. Idk what everyone else is seeing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'm a bit conflicted on this issue. I am also near the top of 114. Thankfully, not dead centre since that would probably cause me to miss most of the game. I'm glad for the flags and the energetic support. But I also think there could be times now and then that they lower the flag. Maybe Toronto has a corner kick at that end... might be nice to put them down for a couple minutes for us to watch that. Maybe Toronto is putting on a lot of pressure in that end... ditto. At the same time I'm happy that they are constantly being waved because it looks good and boosts excitement. There were several moments when I had to watch the big screen in order to see the play that was right in front of me. There's no easy answer. It's a supporters section.
    I hear ya. I like the flags and don't want them to be banned or anything so that is not what I am saying at all but using some respectful timing would be better in my opinion like they have been doing most of the games I made it to this season which unfortunately haven't been too many as opposed to other years. Last season it wasn't too bad either with the flags. Last night there were some points where alot of the waving stopped and the flags were just up blowing in the wind I guess because the action picked up in front of 114 on the field so the flag wavers stopped to watch because their view is fine but it became a solid obstruction for anyone behind. At least if a flag is waving you see glimpses of action. A stopped flag is like standing behind a pillar. Many would say if you don't like it then move and maybe I will if I can. Not looking to start a big debate about flags at BMO because we have been down that road. I just noticed a change from the last game I was at to this game. I know it is a supporter section and there will be occasional obstructions but this was more permanent and not so much occasional in my opinion. Just giving my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    From what I could tell it was started by some people trying to throw off the chant where everyone had their arms in the air doing the clap (can't recall the name is for it). Some people were doing a double stomp on the stands which was getting half the section to clap off time and throwing off some nearby sections too. Some guys started yelling at other guys to stop screwing it up then a little pushing turned to alot of pushing then a little chaos. Added to the mix of course was it was late in the game so everyone was full or drink and it was a time in the game where some bullshit calls seemed to be going against us so tension was high so I am sure that added to it as well. Fights broke out in two different parts of 114 but security was on top of it pretty quick and diffused the situation.
    Good. Fuck those guys. It's a supreme dick move to take something thats supposed to bring the whole stadium together and make it about yourself. I'm glad the message is if your going to be a cunt someone's gonna put you in your lane.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As one of the flag wavers in 112 with my younger brother. This is something we have really kept a focus on. Whenever action on far side of the field, flags are okay or during stoppages. Anything close we always bring down the flags as quickly as possible to let people see.
    Hopefully those in 112 have been good with the flags we have had, cause we get it!

Just chiming in since its being discussed.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I agree with you, Delgado's 100+ games experience in MLS really shows.

We continue to have a complete steal of a player with him from that Chivas USA dispersal draft.
    I remember his name from highlights from those days and knew with a team around him he'd contribute. Was very happy to hear his name again that draft day.

But he will always be Marky to me.

He's STILL only 22? Definitely Marky.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-28-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Good. Fuck those guys. It's a supreme dick move to take something thats supposed to bring the whole stadium together and make it about yourself. I'm glad the message is if your going to be a cunt someone's gonna put you in your lane.
    Fucking with the slow clap with a foot stomp. How entirely NA. The irony of those English Bean Boys (If in fact it's still them up there).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izzyzz View Post
    What an epic night at BMO field!!

P. S. We need a new drummer dammit!
    We need MORE drummers. That's for sure. It's good to have options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Fucking with the slow clap with a foot stomp. How entirely NA. The irony of those English Bean Boys (If in fact it's still them up there).
    not sure who it was but I love the moniker "The English bean boys" if you are referring to us lot at the top of 115...not sure how the Irish lads would feel tho...perhaps we start a new SG "The Bean Boys"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Seba's reaction to the game winner was awesome. He completely lost his shit and jumped the ad board to get to the supporters.

I love this group of guys we've got, so fucking much. They clearly love being a part of this team, and being here. I know winning tends to do that, but after so many years of infighting and misery, it's just so rewarding to see. I'm actually welling up a little while I type this, haha.
    Seconded and Thirded. Quoted for further posterity.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure who it was but I love the moniker "The English bean boys" if you are referring to us lot at the top of 115...not sure how the Irish lads would feel tho...perhaps we start a new SG "The Bean Boys"
    Welcome to it. My reference is the irony of the English support from that area since day one using the foot stomp I remember best from NA sports and "We Will Rock You."

I mean, that is, if the issue is the NA style of support and not just being petty vs the one group in front of them. Which is possible.

Meh. I'm the last person who will mourn the slow clap.

But glad so many have fun with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great highlight video - Watching it almost made me ball my eyes out.

If it's not working, copy/paste:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKhUoYf-4o
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-28-2017 at 10:44 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Great highlight video - Watching it almost made me ball my eyes out.

If it's not working, copy/paste:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKhUoYf-4o
    FYI

removing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

from the link makes it the pretty link above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. I'm the last person who will mourn the slow clap.

But glad so many have fun with it.
    ... including the team, so ... (Did Gio pull his shoulder banging the drum?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That's helpful. TSN2 it is tonight then. Guessing numbers will be low in Montreal. Has anyone seen a replay of Fishers body check on Beitashour? Would be interesting to see.
    One of the clips on the TSN website shows the hit on Beita. It cuts off right after but you see the hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, does Edwards eat shit going over the advertisements towards supporters?

https://youtu.be/BEKhUoYf-4o?t=311

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    LOL, does Edwards eat shit going over the advertisements towards supporters?

https://youtu.be/BEKhUoYf-4o?t=311

Yup, cleats on concrete = no traction and being amped up out of your skull = not giving a damn. his jump into the crowd was some serious vert. I was howling when I saw that at home

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still need to know how this seeding is going to work.

If we're pot one then great but if not then we'll most likely play an LMX team out the gate if they want to avoid MLS match ups first round.

Love that there's another tourney starting in Aug to find the best o the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    reallly freakin enjoying the hand-wringing and whining from Montreal today and after the game.

One note on the Bernier call: everyone seems to be acting like that was a wrong call, a makeup call even. Even people who aren't looking at this through blue and black lenses. Bernier put his studs on Delgado's ankle, or at the very least was reckless/dumb enough to put himself in a position where it could be seen that way. It was a significantly more reckless tackle IMO than Fisher's first. Delgado made a meal of it but I think it was still 100% red card worthy. Idk what everyone else is seeing.
    Watch it again, and again..it wasn't even a yellow. Football is a physical game, he won the ball and happened to follow through, but not intentionally. Terrible decision by a poor ref.

We would have won but it tilted the match in our favour massively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Terrible decision by a poor ref..
    Seems to be a common theme on the night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Watch it again, and again..it wasn't even a yellow. Football is a physical game, he won the ball and happened to follow through, but not intentionally. Terrible decision by a poor ref.

We would have won but it tilted the match in our favour massively.
    I have. I'm fine with disagreeing with some. You just can't go in for a tackle with your foot coming down over the ball like that. Even if he mostly got the ball it still constitutes a reckless tackle.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 06-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day Bernier put the referee in position to make a decision....

Correct me if I am wrong wasn't this the ref that screwed us against Chicago wand Bradely lost his shit after the game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is hard to be objective when we are so passionate about the results but I think there is some degree of agreement that a penalty on Seba was warranted as Fisher clearly takes out his legs after the ball has been touched forward in the box which should also have been a second yellow on him and an ejection --- the straight red on Bernier was clearly too harsh in most peoples opinion, I agree with most that it was likely a simple free kick at best and a yellow at worst --- all the griping from the Montreal side about the straight Red (that specific point has some merit to me as a harsh decision), very neatly omits the part about the likely penalty and red that Mtl deserved to have awarded against them some 3 minutes earlier which would have been an even bigger advantage to Toronto in terms of the likely final result (a penalty and a man sent off vs a man sent off a few minutes later).....you can't just take out the parts of the story that suit your narrative and omit the rest.....oh wait, that's the internet, I forgot....

On another note --- The sound (close your eyes when you replay it) after the winner is very reminiscent of the sound after the Bautista (bat flip) HR in Game 5 against the Rangers in 2015 (even more than the EE blast last year) --- I have been fortunate to be able to attend a lot of the great and not so great sporting moments in this city (including Joe Carter's HR and heart breakers like Game 7 against the Kings in 1993 and MLS Cup last year) and the "whoosh" of noise that erupts in a split second moment like that is an unmistakable sound and the sheer unconstrained joy that follows is the reason we all follow sports I would imagine.....as my daughter and I were agonizing during the last 10 minutes she looked at me saying, "my stomach is in knots and I can't take it", and I looked at her and said "remember that we do this to ourselves - for "fun" apparently" - "your stomach hurts and we are nervous and emotional because we "CARE" and that's a great thing to invest our heart into something a little bit (or a lot) -- and with that can come great pain (she was with me on Dec. 10th), but also great joy and that's what true living is all about.....we have a heart, we may as well use it to care a little (or a lot) about some things....." as we drove home last night I told her that I hoped that when she got older (she's almost 12 now) that she would still want to go to some games with her old man and remember these moments as our shared history --- she asked why I started to really get into this team (I joined RPB in year one) when most people didn't really care, I told her that I wanted to be a part of something from the beginning again as the Jays were that for me when I was a kid as they came in 1977 when I was just old enough to start understanding about sports, and I followed them religiously as they grew into Champions and I lived and died with the games probably way more than I should have in my late teens and early twenties. That laid dormant for a long time and TFC awoke that part of me again, caring about something and investing emotionally in it again but this time with my daughter who came along when TFC did (she's a few years older than TFC) and could grow up with this team being "her team" and sharing that experience as a father through the eyes of my child......I really hope that this season works out the way we all want it to, for them, for us, and selfishly for me and my daughter too.....thanks to my TFC family for another memorable night.....

Oh and Edwards wiping out and Jozy hoofing the ball right after the goal still brings me great joy even after countless replays......some things are just more simple joys......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 06-28-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Yeah you have to give credit to Edwards for setting up game winning goal. What a ball.
    Also credit to Bradley who intercepted the pass that got the attack going again. He's amazing at doing that. As he showed in Mexico City.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I know it is hard ......

Dude! Did you start that post last night?

Love the passion. We gotta celebrate

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, sadly I'm a stream of consciousness (or bullshit artist) kind of poster --- but it went in two different philosophical directions --- practical and emotional....what can I say, I'm a complicated guy....

Dude! Did you start that post last night?

Love the passion. We gotta celebrate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, did anyone catch Jozy using Seba's head as a hand hold to get himself back over the barrier? Too funny! Seba didn't seem to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hey, did anyone catch Jozy using Seba's head as a hand hold to get himself back over the barrier? Too funny! Seba didn't seem to mind.

how about beitashour waving his arms around after the goal like a giddy school boy/girl