Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Good. Fuck those guys. It's a supreme dick move to take something thats supposed to bring the whole stadium together and make it about yourself. I'm glad the message is if your going to be a cunt someone's gonna put you in your lane.
    we have to those dicks in 116 too,

picked out a few impressing their friends with their super cool foot stomp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harsh critic of 114 here and I don't get the "flags at all times so fuck you" thing, but that's also TFCs fault for not planning ahead when putting them there.

However, 114 gets double props for Tuesday for:

1) Taking care of the clap wrecker. Well done. Full Stop.

2) That Quebexit banner. My god. That was one of the best banners I've seen at bmo in ever. Response to the stupid Montreal banner last week with a nice bit of wit. Very well done.

And of course, they made tons of noise. So Inebriatti wins the treble for last night as TFC look for one of our own.

Im still on cloud nine and have no voice. Lemon Tea going down well.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 06-28-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Harsh critic of 114 here and I don't get the "flags at all times so fuck you" thing, but that's also TFCs fault for not planning ahead when putting them there.

However, 114 gets double props for Tuesday for:

1) Taking care of the clap wrecker. Well done. Full Stop.

2) That Quebexit banner. My god. That was one of the best banners I've seen at bmo in ever. Response to the stupid Montreal banner last week with a nice bit of wit. Very well done.

And of course, they made tons of noise. So Inebriatti wins the treble for last night as TFC look for one of our own.
    Yes the Quebexit sign was the best of the night. It had everyone in my section bowled over. We also loved the one that read "Todays Forecast 17 Pts.Clear"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...ive-midfielder

Doyle going over the goals, and Bradley in particular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I don't think anyone dislikes their use of the flags, but standing in 113 and never being able to see anything when the ball is in our end is extremely annoying. Its a pretty common practice to lower the flags for set pieces and when the action is in front of the goal. Its about allowing your fellow supporters to enjoy the match and doesn't take away from the atmosphere. All For One and whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    I don't think anyone dislikes their use of the flags, but standing in 113 and never being able to see anything when the ball is in our end is extremely annoying. Its a pretty common practice to lower the flags for set pieces and when the action is in front of the goal. Its about allowing your fellow supporters to enjoy the match and doesn't take away from the atmosphere. All For One and whatnot.
    Agree 100 per cent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    With you 100 % man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I know it is hard to be objective when we are so passionate about the results but I think there is some degree of agreement that a penalty on Seba was warranted as Fisher clearly takes out his legs after the ball has been touched forward in the box which should also have been a second yellow on him and an ejection --- the straight red on Bernier was clearly too harsh in most peoples opinion, I agree with most that it was likely a simple free kick at best and a yellow at worst --- all the griping from the Montreal side about the straight Red (that specific point has some merit to me as a harsh decision), very neatly omits the part about the likely penalty and red that Mtl deserved to have awarded against them some 3 minutes earlier which would have been an even bigger advantage to Toronto in terms of the likely final result (a penalty and a man sent off vs a man sent off a few minutes later).....you can't just take out the parts of the story that suit your narrative and omit the rest.....oh wait, that's the internet, I forgot....

On another note --- The sound (close your eyes when you replay it) after the winner is very reminiscent of the sound after the Bautista (bat flip) HR in Game 5 against the Rangers in 2015 (even more than the EE blast last year) --- I have been fortunate to be able to attend a lot of the great and not so great sporting moments in this city (including Joe Carter's HR and heart breakers like Game 7 against the Kings in 1993 and MLS Cup last year) and the "whoosh" of noise that erupts in a split second moment like that is an unmistakable sound and the sheer unconstrained joy that follows is the reason we all follow sports I would imagine.....as my daughter and I were agonizing during the last 10 minutes she looked at me saying, "my stomach is in knots and I can't take it", and I looked at her and said "remember that we do this to ourselves - for "fun" apparently" - "your stomach hurts and we are nervous and emotional because we "CARE" and that's a great thing to invest our heart into something a little bit (or a lot) -- and with that can come great pain (she was with me on Dec. 10th), but also great joy and that's what true living is all about.....we have a heart, we may as well use it to care a little (or a lot) about some things....." as we drove home last night I told her that I hoped that when she got older (she's almost 12 now) that she would still want to go to some games with her old man and remember these moments as our shared history --- she asked why I started to really get into this team (I joined RPB in year one) when most people didn't really care, I told her that I wanted to be a part of something from the beginning again as the Jays were that for me when I was a kid as they came in 1977 when I was just old enough to start understanding about sports, and I followed them religiously as they grew into Champions and I lived and died with the games probably way more than I should have in my late teens and early twenties. That laid dormant for a long time and TFC awoke that part of me again, caring about something and investing emotionally in it again but this time with my daughter who came along when TFC did (she's a few years older than TFC) and could grow up with this team being "her team" and sharing that experience as a father through the eyes of my child......I really hope that this season works out the way we all want it to, for them, for us, and selfishly for me and my daughter too.....thanks to my TFC family for another memorable night.....

Oh and Edwards wiping out and Jozy hoofing the ball right after the goal still brings me great joy even after countless replays......some things are just more simple joys......

Bravo... I could not have said it any better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I noticed there was an attempted dick move by the Impact to run post game drills for subs right behind where the trophy presentation was going to go. They put down some cones even.

CSA stopped that pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone got a video of the flying tackle on Beita? They ignored the whole thing in Game in 6.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm in the minority here but man you guys getting bent all out of shape because some people messed with the clap need to tone it down. Don't take yourselves so seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but man you guys getting bent all out of shape because some people messed with the clap need to tone it down. Don't take yourselves so seriously.
    Dude trust me when I say I'm not the type of person to take most anything in life seriously. But there are some things that people can do thats just a dick move. Whether they do it to be a dick, or they think they are being funny, they need to be called on it. And if they're gonna throw some lip back...well some people don't take that kind of shit.

I'm just saying there are consequences for being an asshole. And I'm glad that type of shit happens because it keeps people in check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sights and sounds of Seba's 2nd goal last night....amazing

Last edited by ChrisFizik; 06-29-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fb tags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Dude trust me when I say I'm not the type of person to take most anything in life seriously. But there are some things that people can do thats just a dick move. Whether they do it to be a dick, or they think they are being funny, they need to be called on it. And if they're gonna throw some lip back...well some people don't take that kind of shit.

I'm just saying there are consequences for being an asshole. And I'm glad that type of shit happens because it keeps people in check.
    Maybe I'm too cynical (as well as the section I sit in) but yeah, implicit threats of violence and endorsing it because some people are having fun with the most over used chant in the world are exactly the kinds of things I think should be toned down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anyone got a video of the flying tackle on Beita? They ignored the whole thing in Game in 6.
    The TSN highlight video is nice and long for a change, and includes the Fisher hit on Beitashour:

http://www.tsn.ca/tfc-edges-impact-f...title-1.790749

Just make sure you stop the video though before the incessant Montreal whining at the end. Considering the balance of bad and missed calls throughout the game, I just can't believe they would go on like that. The f*ckers had two shots on net all game, and they're gonna go on about the ref losing them the game like that?

The highlight video above also includes a few words from Giovinco; somebody else had asked earlier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Loved Seba' s post game interview...in English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this interview? I can only see interviews from Vanney, Edwards and Irwin on the TFC website.
    Here's the TSN clip of Giovinco's interview, awesome:
    http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/giovi...ck-win~1156143

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm too cynical (as well as the section I sit in) but yeah, implicit threats of violence and endorsing it because some people are having fun with the most over used chant in the world are exactly the kinds of things I think should be toned down.
    I'm not using words like 'violence' and nor would I threaten it, but I'd happily use a word like 'dick' to describe the pissing about with the clap.

look at your username, it has another word (or at least, acronym) - Utd. I assume that stands for 'united'. 'United' is what the clap - like it or not - represents. The whole stadium united in a common expression of support for the team and by extension, our city be it by birth or adopted. A couple of people fucking that up for their own personal enjoyment is selfish and against the ethos of someone who claims alliegance to 'United'.

26539 supporters were reported to be in attendance last night. A handful were Montreal fans, a couple here and there were dicks, the vast remaining majority were TFC fans united.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great thing in the TSN highlight video above: Jozy trying to teach Seba how to hit the drum for the slow clap, and do the gradual acceleration.

I'm guessing Seba did better in gym class in school, than in music class.

Yeah and the people fucking up the slow clap piss me off to no end. I've noticed them in various parts of the stadium. I wouldn't punch anybody, but I would gladly sacrifice a $12 beer to pour over their head.

EDIT final thought for now: what a pitiful showing of away support by Montreal for the Cdn final. I sit across from the away support section. There can't have been more than 50 Montreal supporters up in that section.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Na your not cynical man... I would say optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be hard to get away for a midweek game when it's a 6 hour drive away. A lot of people have to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He stumbles a bit, but it is pretty clear he didn't attempt to play the ball, just the man. Shocking missed call by Gantar. And a clear penalty on the foul on Seba. In fact, that could have been a red because it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. So he could have been red carded twice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He stumbles a bit, but it is pretty clear he didn't attempt to play the ball, just the man. Shocking missed call by Gantar. And a clear penalty on the foul on Seba. In fact, that could have been a red because it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. So he could have been red carded twice!
    Clear goal scoring chance but with the new rules I doubt that would have been a straight red as he was making a legitimate attempt to play the ball. However it should've been a second yellow for him for sure, so red card regardless.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It can be hard to get away for a midweek game when it's a 6 hour drive away. A lot of people have to work.
    This. Montréal deserves respect for bringing out 50 fans, probably some who ended up losing 2 days work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This. Montréal deserves respect for bringing out 50 fans, probably some who ended up losing 2 days work.
    is this the first time those words have been strung together on this board? must be a first. :-)

They usually do represent much better even for midweeks but yes, midweek is tough to get away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    is this the first time those words have been strung together on this board? must be a first. :-)

They usually do represent much better even for midweeks but yes, midweek is tough to get away.
    Tin foil hat time- a lot of our derby games seem to be either mid week or late Sunday afternoon this game. Trying to discourage a lot of people from making the trip by design.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post

I must have gotten carried away.

Usually 4 letter epithets are what is used here to describe UM02.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Clear goal scoring chance but with the new rules I doubt that would have been a straight red as he was making a legitimate attempt to play the ball. However it should've been a second yellow for him for sure, so red card regardless.
    New rules? They can't even call the old ones correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just make sure you stop the video though before the incessant Montreal whining at the end.
    Can Mauro Biello be penalized in anyway for his official comments about the officiating?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It's about emotional control"
    - Mauro Biello as he whinges about 'unfair calls', 2017

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Can Mauro Biello be penalized in anyway for his official comments about the officiating?
    I guess CSA is in charge for a VC game. So probably they'll invite Biello to coach the CMNT next. That's enough of a penalty.