Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely outrageous pass by Vasquez! Frustrating game but great end!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Absolutely outrageous pass by Vasquez! Frustrating game but great end!
    Vasquez is art hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a way to end the game....can't wait for Tuesday live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take any winning result right now, with our stupid schedule. Keep grinding 'em out, and hopefully Orlando can cool off Chicago on the weekend.

Our record is pretty remarkable, when you consider how many weeks we've had to play with essentially half-rest.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez playmaking yet again......

white shirt covered in alcohol stains
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great way to end the game on a high. Hopefully turning point for Giovinco. Noticeable improvement with the tactical switch. Vanney once again with a good move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done lads. Grinded it out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great team effort, great vision by Vasquez on the last goal. Good in-game management by Vanney.

A well deserved win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit surprised NE isn't in a playoff position. They're a decent side. Played us tough twice. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. They could surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Championship DNA shining through today. We were completely gassed by the 70th minute. Great organization and hustle when we needed it to keep them out. Fantastic for Giovinco to score at the end.

Can't believe Altidore played the whole game but we probably don't win without him and I think Vanney knew that. He was huge. Great games from Moor, Mavinga and Bono too. Cooper with a good bounce-back performance as well. This was probably one of the more difficult wins we pick up this year, gotta feel damn good for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfiled is just not the same without Bradley.

Was expecting a better performance overall, although this messed up schedule caused a lot of strain, and I think Vanney has made some poor roster/sub decisions.

A win is a win.

Great ball from Vasquez, Giovinco is back.

Onto the next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really, really glad Victor Vasquez picked Toronto. He continues to amaze me!

*swoon*

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I think Vanney has made some poor roster/sub decisions.
    I'd wonder what you would do differently. Maybe not sub in Osorio, since he didn't look at his best, but who would you bring in then who is rested? Playing Jozy worked well, same with Seba.

I thought it was a good decision to change formation to the diamond and bring in Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say that Championship winning sides are able to grind out points even when they are not at their best. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but TFC were a perfect example of that tonight. Despite a wonderful start, the Reds seemed to lose their way as the first half wore on, and it was New England who ended the first half strongest, something they maintained throughout the second period. However, a moment of sublime brilliance from Vazquez, finished superbly by Séba, made sure TFC took the win despite what in all honesty can only be described as a lethargic performance. For me the MOTM was a toss up between Moor, Mavinga or Bono, which perhaps underlines the fact we found ourselves largely on the back foot all night.

Nevertheless it is completely appropriate we find ourselves top of the heap at the halfway point of the season and only the most partisan fan would argue it isn't deserved. Let's hope things stay that way in the second half of the year and we finally get to see our beloved Reds not only SS winners, but MLS Cup Champions at the end of the year when the plump female warbles her tune...

Onwards and upwards

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love watching Vasquez play.
    Great hustle.
    Great vision.
    Reads the play well.
    Terrific passes.
    He's got some pretty nice footwork in tight spaces.

Such a good signing.
    I think he's exactly what this team needed to reach the next level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I love watching Vasquez play.
    Great hustle.
    Great vision.
    Reads the play well.
    Terrific passes.
    He's got some pretty nice footwork in tight spaces.

Such a good signing.
    I think he's exactly what this team needed to reach the next level.
    He also made the defensive stop of the night. Probably saved a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He also made the defensive stop of the night. Probably saved a goal.
    Yup, I've noticed he's improved his defensive tenacity a lot over the last month. Probably a combination of better fitness and being more settled into the team. He was more or less all about offense early on, but he's responsible now when we're trying to win the ball back.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And who would have thought that Vasquez would be tied for the team lead in combined points this far into the season?

That said, I think we all would have assumed Giovinco would be further along by this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game I missed all season.

How'd Morgan do? How'd Endoh do?

And where's Raheem Edwards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio is still looking well off his best. If he get's back to his top form then we win the MLS Cup and Supporters Shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    First game I missed all season.

How'd Morgan do? How'd Endoh do?

And where's Raheem Edwards?
    Probably saving Edwards for Tuesday's game as we need to meet the Canadian quota with the starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pass from Vasquez though !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'd wonder what you would do differently. Maybe not sub in Osorio, since he didn't look at his best, but who would you bring in then who is rested? Playing Jozy worked well, same with Seba.

I thought it was a good decision to change formation to the diamond and bring in Morgan.
    The formation change was slightly better, but not as much as I was hoping for. I didn't disagree with the Osorio sub, even though it wasn't his best performance, and there wasn't really a better option. I have a beef with Vanney taking an insanely huge risk with Jozy and not allowing him any rest throughout the week. Bradley was also over worked and that yellow card was probably a blessing. Vanney needs to ensure his key players come first, and give them sufficient time to recover by least subbing them on/off. I would have started Hamilton and Giovinco up top, although Kurt mentioned there was some kind of rule that prevented Hamilton from playing. It's not clear to me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ all good points. It's tricky for sure, I think some managers would have gone to Montréal with a B squad and try for an away tie instead of going for the win. That would have protected against over use.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal was always going to play a strong squad in their stadium. The key to remember in all this is the Dallas game is the least important one of this stretch. As such, TFC will give it everything Tuesday night.

A few thoughts

I've never felt so relieved at goal as that Giovinco one. NER should have tied us numerous times

That was a stone cold penalty on Jozy in the first half. VAR will solve that.

Endoh & Hernandez against Fagundez was dangerous and we got away with it a few times. Endoh was OK and released wide was decent but his passing still isn't what it was last season.

Cooper was a non factor defensively. I know some people thought Cooper was great but he still gives the ball away and doesn't pass it quick enough.
    Remind me to tell all the Canadian pundits who whine about Canadians in the Voyageurs that we subbed on 3 Canadians to seal a win.

Osorio did enough, the harrassing in the middle allowed Cheyou to sit deeper.

Vasquez & Cheyrou turned and ran at their D mids many many times. NER has a lot of stuff going forward but in defence, they got not much at all.

NER wasn't as hacking as DCU but the clutching and grabbing without giving up a foul in this league is getting NHL like. Persistent infringements are not getting yellows early enough.

I don't get what Altidore's yellow was for - I suppose dissent but that's just stupid MLS refereeing. I know people say its the same level as everywhere else but I seriously think the refs are going through some mind issues before VAR comes in. They are ALL far more unsettled then they were at this point last season.

Seba's touch still off but GOSH he needed that goal and took it well. Vasquez pass was sublime. But Cheyrou's clearance was something else - strength by the old guy at the end of a long game.

The amount of people up in the top section of the East is getting impressive - it looks more full then the bottom East. Now if only they could get into the chants more like the West is starting to.

Oh, and I love my PRIDE scarf.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-24-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Montreal was always going to play a strong squad in their stadium. The key to remember in all this is the Dallas game is the least important one of this stretch. As such, TFC will give it everything Tuesday night.

A few thoughts

I've never felt so relieved at goal as that Giovinco one. NER should have tied us numerous times

That was a stone cold penalty on Jozy in the first half. VAR will solve that.

Endoh & Hernandez against Fagundez was dangerous and we got away with it a few times. Endoh was OK and released wide was decent but his passing still isn't what it was last season.

Cooper was a non factor defensively. I know some people thought Cooper was great but he still gives the ball away and doesn't pass it quick enough.
    Remind me to tell all the Canadian pundits who whine about Canadians in the Voyageurs that we subbed on 3 Canadians to seal a win.

Osorio did enough, the harrassing in the middle allowed Cheyou to sit deeper.

Vasquez & Cheyrou turned and ran at their D mids many many times. NER has a lot of stuff going forward but in defence, they got not much at all.

NER wasn't as hacking as DCU but the clutching and grabbing without giving up a foul in this league is getting NHL like. Persistent infringements are not getting yellows early enough.

I don't get what Altidore's yellow was for - I suppose dissent but that's just stupid MLS refereeing. I know people say its the same level as everywhere else but I seriously think the refs are going through some mind issues before VAR comes in. They are ALL far more unsettled then they were at this point last season.

Seba's touch still off but GOSH he needed that goal and took it well. Vasquez pass was sublime. But Cheyrou's clearance was something else - strength by the old guy at the end of a long game.

The amount of people up in the top section of the East is getting impressive - it looks more full then the bottom East. Now if only they could get into the chants more like the West is starting to.

Oh, and I love my PRIDE scarf.
    Agree about Cheyrou. The easy play there was to clear it right away. He muscled it up and was able to get it up the line instead, started the whole thing.

Resigning Cheyrou was hugely important. He doesn't have Bradley's engine obviously but he does have his passing ability, calmness and leadership in the middle of the pitch. Knowing Bradley would be missing games, having that back up has been really important.

If NE had some defense they'd be in our half of the table. They have a lot of dangerous forwards.
    Last edited by Canary10; 06-24-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on tenterhooks for most of the game, and finally exhaled with Seba's goal. The guys weren't their best, which was understandable since some of them were on 47 hours rest. Take the points and move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Agree about Cheyrou. The easy play there was to clear it right away. He muscled it up and was able to get it up the line instead, started the whole thing.

Resigning Cheyrou was hugely important. He doesn't have Bradley's engine obviously but he does have his passing ability, calmness and leadership in the middle of the pitch. Knowing Bradley would be missing games, having that back up has been really important.

If NE had some defense they'd be in our half of the table. They have a lot of dangerous forwards.

Vasquez and Giovinco are real quality. Cheyrou is still a very good, wise player. This league suits Altidore, his awareness and skill isn't there but his strength alone gets him by.

Endoh, Chapman and Osorio (sorry, I know the last 2 are Canadian) are very lucky to be paid to play football.

NE have a pretty good midfield, but struggle up top and at the back - where it matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is impressing me these recent days. Cooper was less than perfect, but he was much better. Josy had a great game, and Vasquez was sublime. Osario does nothing for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The passing sequence that led to the second goal was simply world class. We are very fortunate to have a squad with so much talent.