0 Thread(s)

Revenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Revenge.
    Hell yeah. We demolished Columbus at home as payback for beating us, now let's do the same to the Revs

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best I could do with an online filter (the colours aren't quite right).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, jeez, who are we gonna play this game? We pretty much used everyone for the Montreal game. This is gonna be a tough game on suck quick turnaround.

I think I keep Jozy out of the 18 entirely and put Vazquez on the bench. Is Hernandez fit? He should start at the back if so. I guess Morrow starts since he played fewer minutes. I wouldn't risk Beitashour here so you'd either have to play Edwards or Morrow on their off-side or play Endoh at RWB (gulp). Cheyrou will take Bradley's spot most likely. I wonder if Delgado would be ok to start again...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can be sure Bono is starting, barring a last minute injury. Rested, plus Irwin did nothing against Montréal to make one feel he should be number one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predict
    Bono
    Zavaleta Hernandez Morrow
    Cooper Vazquez Cheyrou Edwards
    Giovinco Hamilton

Zavaleta didn't run much, stayed home to cover Piatti while Mavinga took more liberty jumping forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note, New England still hasn't won on the road yet. 0-5-3 this year. That game in Boston was a bit of a farce. There a good home team, but are terrible on the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono
    Zavaleta Hernandez Mavinga
    Cooper Delgado Cheyrou Osorio Morrow
    Vasquez
    Giovinco

New England completely ran through our midfield last game with their pace. That exposed our back line badly. It made clear that we cannot have Vasquez and Cheyrou on the pitch at the same time in midfield, they have the same weakness

giovincos striking is off, as are his set pieces. Sometimes his touch, too. Maybe he needs minutes, still recovering from his muscle strains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bono
    Zavaleta Hernandez Mavinga
    Cooper Delgado Cheyrou Osorio Morrow
    Vasquez
    Giovinco

New England completely ran through our midfield last game with their pace. That exposed our back line badly. It made clear that we cannot have Vasquez and Cheyrou on the pitch at the same time in midfield, they have the same weakness

giovincos striking is off, as are his set pieces. Sometimes his touch, too. Maybe he needs minutes, still recovering from his muscle strains.
    There were a couple of times last night Giovinco, for lack of a better word, just flubbed his first touch. On really simply balls too. In previous years that first touch could turn people inside out. I'm kinda worried at this point. We're halfway through the season and he's not gotten going at all. I hope this isn't a general decline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    There were a couple of times last night Giovinco, for lack of a better word, just flubbed his first touch. On really simply balls too. In previous years that first touch could turn people inside out. I'm kinda worried at this point. We're halfway through the season and he's not gotten going at all. I hope this isn't a general decline.
    Although he is at least setting up some goals, he needs a multiple goal game or 2 to click back into gear. And also I think defenders are just smothering him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Although he is at least setting up some goals, he needs a multiple goal game or 2 to click back into gear. And also I think defenders are just smothering him
    He had that one two goal game a few weeks ago but it didn't really break him out. Another one tomorrow would be great. I agree teams are all over him, but that's not really different than what he's faced in previous years. His ball skills got him through that. None of that has been evident this year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just a note, New England still hasn't won on the road yet. 0-5-3 this year. That game in Boston was a bit of a farce. There a good home team, but are terrible on the road
    Classic "turf team." Plays well on their crappy turf, worse than average elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a single ticket they are not using for tomorrow's match? Pls let me know thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Classic "turf team." Plays well on their crappy turf, worse than average elsewhere.
    Just putting these two things together. I would not be afraid of Cheyrou and Vasquez on the pitch together at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Just putting these two things together. I would not be afraid of Cheyrou and Vasquez on the pitch together at home.

im confident the two can figure it out. Im sure they watched that game and learned their lessons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if Vanney is planning on matching NER's youth with our youth. Tomorrow I could see a lineup of:

-------------------Bono------------------
    ---Zavaleta----Hernandez---Morgan---
    -----------------Cheyrou----------------
    Edwards--Delgado--Chapman--Morrow
    -------Giovinco---------Ricketts--------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm wondering if Vanney is planning on matching NER's youth with our youth. Tomorrow I could see a lineup of:

-------------------Bono------------------
    ---Zavaleta----Hernandez---Morgan---
    -----------------Cheyrou----------------
    Edwards--Delgado--Chapman--Morrow
    -------Giovinco---------Ricketts--------
    chappy I feel has the better chance of getting minutes over Morgan.
    insee Morgan coming in on Tuesday instead for Morrow
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no more Morgan. His decline has been pretty sad to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Please no more Morgan. His decline has been pretty sad to watch.
    Challenge. Where have you watched him? He got 20 minutes in Ottawa when the whole team stunk. That's it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    im confident the two can figure it out. Im sure they watched that game and learned their lessons
    They are both beautiful players and smart. And slow. You can manage one slow midfielder, not two. My suggestion was to put Vasquez up front with Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Challenge. Where have you watched him? He got 20 minutes in Ottawa when the whole team stunk. That's it.
    I saw him for TFCII against Pittsburgh a few weeks back. Wasn't great. Crossing and passing was atrocious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I've watched every minute he's played for TFC since coming into this league. Areathrasher hit it on the head, he can't cross and is an unreliable passer. Just because he put together some ok games when they ran the J-Mo experiment on the right side doesn't make him MLS caliber. More importantly, his time at TFC hasn't had him show any growth. The opposite actually. Maybe the league is getting tougher, maybe he is regressing.
    Just because he only put in 20 bad minutes against Ottawa, doesn't disqualify me to judge his other work.
    Last edited by GhostKiller; 06-22-2017 at 05:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather forecast says thunderbangers and rain until about 6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan probably couldn't hack it in the USL I'll never understand why Bezbatchenko renewed his contract LAST YEAR for over $100,000 (?) when it's been clear for like 4 years that he wasn't up to MLS or TFC's standard. Koevermans got him some assists ages ago when TFC sucked. Only negative signs since. It's not like the Academy hasn't produced better depth alternatives like Pasher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Morgan probably couldn't hack it in the USL I'll never understand why Bezbatchenko renewed his contract LAST YEAR for over $100,000 (?) when it's been clear for like 4 years that he wasn't up to MLS or TFC's standard. Koevermans got him some assists ages ago when TFC sucked. Only negative signs since. It's not like the Academy hasn't produced better depth alternatives like Pasher.
    Wow thats harsh. Morgan has played 95 MLS games and 13 National while Pasher has only 1 MLS. Injuries have railroaded his career past few seasons thats for sure but if Bez still believes in him than I'm behind 100%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fzap View Post
    Does anyone have a single ticket they are not using for tomorrow's match? Pls let me know thanks
    You can find tickets to the game in this forum...

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-NE-Revs/page3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    You can find tickets to the game in this forum...

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-NE-Revs/page3
    Thank u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Wow thats harsh. Morgan has played 95 MLS games and 13 National while Pasher has only 1 MLS. Injuries have railroaded his career past few seasons thats for sure but if Bez still believes in him than I'm behind 100%.
    Agreed. The injuries have been long to recover from and with horrible timing. And Vanney is a huge fan of his and GV's judgement has been pretty good about players many of us thought were garbage at one time or another (Zav, Mavinga, Endoh(though never play him at right back ever the fuck again))

anywho, hope it's dryer by game time and the mix and match lineup gets us some redemption this eve.