Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono- 8.5

Hernandez- 7.1

Moor- 7.8

Mavinga- 8.1

Endoh- 6.8 (better performance relative to his disastrous starts earlier, but mostly because NER directed their point of attack to the right side (Morrows side)

Cooper- 7.0 (finally got the message to not force the issue, still figuring out the balance between dribbling and passing to the open option)

Vazquez- 8.6

Cheyrou- 7.7

Morrow- 8.4

Altidore- 7.9 (clearly gassed around the 80 minute)

Giovinco- 7.2 (late goal aside and defensive work rate, missed a few chances and first touch was off for much of the match).

MOTM- Vazquez (kept the attack moving, pressed well and provided passing options that overwhelmed the Revs midfield early before the short rest became a factor)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Mavinga is impressing me these recent days. Cooper was less than perfect, but he was much better. Josy had a great game, and Vasquez was sublime. Osario does nothing for me.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Bono- 8.5

Hernandez- 7.1

Moor- 7.8

Mavinga- 8.1

Endoh- 6.8 (better performance relative to his disastrous starts earlier, but mostly because NER directed their point of attack to the right side (Morrows side)

Cooper- 7.0 (finally got the message to not force the issue, still figuring out the balance between dribbling and passing to the open option)

Vazquez- 8.6

Cheyrou- 7.7

Morrow- 8.4

Altidore- 7.9 (clearly gassed around the 80 minute)

Giovinco- 7.2 (late goal aside and defensive work rate, missed a few chances and first touch was off for much of the match).

MOTM- Vazquez (kept the attack moving, pressed well and provided passing options that overwhelmed the Revs midfield early before the short rest became a factor)
    cant agree with Hernandez being higher ranked than Endoh. He looked lost. I also thought this was one of Morrow's weaker games. His decision making was spotty.

I would also rank Mavinga higher. He was the MOTM for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Cheyrou is a footballing genius. He reads the game 3 plays ahead of everyone else

2) mavinga has to be the most athletic CB in the league

3) plz end the endoh wingback experiment

4) Osorio has lost something, but at the same time can shut down a game extremely well coming off the bench

5) cooper still not good enough but there was improvement
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 06-26-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou's vision and ability to read the entire play was even more mind blowing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio is falling behind as he is what he is.... not good enough offensively, average at best defensively and not very athletic for this team. As TFC improved the talent in the midfield, he is becoming an option off the bench like Johnson did at the end of last year. Except now there is more completion on the bench with cooper and cheyrou
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 06-24-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exactly does one game sum up a players season or career?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Osorio is falling behind as he is what he is.... not good enough offensively, average at best defensively and not very athletic for this team. As TFC improved the talent in the midfield, he is becoming an option off the bench like Johnson did at the end of last year. Except now there is more completion on the bench with cooper and cheyrou
    boy I see this differently. Osorio is very skilled technically, and does whatever he is asked, well. Yes, Bradley and Basquez are another class, but Oso has skill commitment and hustle. He has earned his minutes against some tough competition. Plus he bleeds red. We should be celebrating him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    How exactly does one game sum up a players season or career?
    It's not just one game... I'm just saying that his days as an automatic starter or imo first guy off the bench on this team is done. He still is a decent player, useful in some instances but to expect for him to develop into more than what he is not very realistic

We as sports fan always seem to over value our own players in all sports and it is no different for TFC players. imo due to him being Canadian and a hometown boy his flaws get down played and his "potential" gets overly hyped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    boy I see this differently. Osorio is very skilled technically, and does whatever he is asked, well. Yes, Bradley and Basquez are another class, but Oso has skill commitment and hustle. He has earned his minutes against some tough competition. Plus he bleeds red. We should be celebrating him.
    I'm not questioning his commitment to this team or doing what is aksed. Question you said "He is very technically skilled" compared to who is my question. I think on a top mls club he is at best a bench guy that is all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has everything except a good final touch. He is way above average depth, and would start every game for 10 MLS teams.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its no surprise to see Osorio playing time limited, the league has improved a lot the past few years and TFC is a stacked team comparatively to the rest of MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Osorio has everything except a good final touch. He is way above average depth, and would start every game for 10 MLS teams.
    I think it's more than that. I think his biggest problem is hesitation, perhaps linked to lack of confidence. I wonder if a change of scenery might do him good. He almost always waits too long, before both passing and shooting. As a result he often limits his chances and kills plays. The strange thing is, I remember a few seasons ago (not sure how long), Osario was one of a few TFC players who could often do one-touch passing, but that seems to have disappeared for him.

Now Bradley is another player who sometimes waits a while. The difference is that Bradley has better long-range passing skills than Osorio, so the wait is often worth it. Also Bradley usually has the strength to power through if he gets pressured. Osorio doesn't, so often has to revert to passing backward or other negative play after waiting too long. If and when he finally gets a shot off, they are often weak. I think he theoretically has plenty of power for shooting (and passing), but somehow he overthinks it these days and chokes.

I think Osario has decent skill, and has a role to play on the team, but he never grew into the real playmaking or secondary scoring threat that they were hoping for him. In fact I think he regressed. I feel much of it may be mental. Maybe he needs a new psychologist or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He is a very good squad, grinder type player player in rotation with the team we have, he is skilled and does bleed red, but I honestly feel his confidence has for some reason dropped. He is almost afraid to strike the ball, and is over thinking it, when he puts his laces through the ball he can score, that's what I have seen in the past 2 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a first place team, but for some reason are going after reserves these days, because they have "holes in their game".

It's picking fly shit out of pepper. It can be done, but really, is it worth it?

Osorio is fine, and is contributing to wins. He's not a world class player, but he is a very nice MLS player.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    He is a very good squad, grinder type player player in rotation with the team we have, he is skilled and does bleed red, but I honestly feel his confidence has for some reason dropped. He is almost afraid to strike the ball, and is over thinking it, when he puts his laces through the ball he can score, that's what I have seen in the past 2 years
    I don't think its a complete coincidence that Vanney brings him on to close out games. Osorio is well above avg in retaining possession, and this is a very useful tool to have on your bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a first place team, but for some reason are going after reserves these days, because they have "holes in their game".

It's picking fly shit out of pepper. It can be done, but really, is it worth it?

Osorio is fine, and is contributing to wins. He's not a world class player, but he is a very nice MLS player.
    Ha ha, well put.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I would just love to see him score a few more goals, for his own sake that's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Championship DNA shining through today. We were completely gassed by the 70th minute. Great organization and hustle when we needed it to keep them out. Fantastic for Giovinco to score at the end.

Can't believe Altidore played the whole game but we probably don't win without him and I think Vanney knew that. He was huge. Great games from Moor, Mavinga and Bono too. Cooper with a good bounce-back performance as well. This was probably one of the more difficult wins we pick up this year, gotta feel damn good for the team.
    Vanney got the line-up and tactical decisions spot on. Especially the call on Altidore. Gutsy performance by him and the entire squad.

I wonder what Vanney is going to do for Tuesday with Morrow out due to the call-up?