Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i agree not kicking the ball out, thats the refs call.

but after they scored? maybe they felt they need to stay in the zone during the game and then call him up after.

optics dont look good though, he was clearly in a ton of pain
    Agreed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some sort of ruling not allowing players to go back down the pitch after retreating from scoring a goal.

i.e. Might have been seen to be inflamation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I'm still confident that we win this tie but, could have put the tie almost to bed had we scored one of the 4 glorious chance in the dying minutes. You gotta think Montreal scores at least one in Toronto, which basically nullifies the away goal. Should be able to beat them them though. Montreal looked really shaky near the end of that game. Vasquez will tear them up if he plays a full game. Irwin looked fucken horrible last night btw. Gave them a men's league goal, and stupid plays all game. He always makes me a little nervous when he's in net if I'm being honest.
    just a few months ago bono has much bigger mistakes.

he just needs games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree he needs more games, but I was always a little worried last year when he was in net. A few of the goals he let in, especially in that Montreal series was poor. For the amount of money he makes now, I would see at the end of the season if we can trade him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin has become a pub league goalie, just very slow, not executing fundamentals, bad decisions. He got bailed out. Even in Conference Championship remember that 3-0 stinker of a goal?

Can't wait for Hagglund to come back and replace Moor too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor is by far our best defender. Hagglund is good on the left side but Moor calls the shots and moves people around far better. His positioning is maybe wrong once every 2 games, which in this league is unheard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No, what we saw was Cheyrou and Vasquez and Osorio can't play together in the midfield. The third player is the key.
    Harsh on Osorio. Because he wasn't the starter. It was Cooper Vasquez Cheyrou.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Irwin has become a pub league goalie, just very slow, not executing fundamentals, bad decisions. He got bailed out. Even in Conference Championship remember that 3-0 stinker of a goal?

Can't wait for Hagglund to come back and replace Moor too.
    Very harsh assessments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Harsh on Osorio. Because he wasn't the starter. It was Cooper Vasquez Cheyrou.
    Ur right...too many damn games. Still think it would work with Delgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I agree he needs more games, but I was always a little worried last year when he was in net. A few of the goals he let in, especially in that Montreal series was poor. For the amount of money he makes now, I would see at the end of the season if we can trade him.
    he is a much better passer than bono currently is, and in the past communicated well with the D.

Bono is almost there, but he still loves to hoof the ball or accidentaly kick it out of bounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Montreal supporters ban was not related to the Fuck Toronto banner but to the Unsettling Canada 150 banner in support of indigenous communities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...uEo_nMumIc/pub. We should really try to support the Front Commun Montreal. This reminds me of the time MLSE confiscated our refugees welcome banner, but thankfully rescinded the ban after media coverage two years ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Looks like the Montreal supporters ban was not related to the Fuck Toronto banner but to the Unsettling Canada 150 banner in support of indigenous communities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...uEo_nMumIc/pub. We should really try to support the Front Commun Montreal. This reminds me of the time MLSE confiscated our refugees welcome banner, but thankfully rescinded the ban after media coverage two years ago.
    I agree it's problematic that (pretty mild) political messages are sometimes supported, other times punished by the league and/or clubs. The two things you mentioned ("Unsettling Canada 150" and "Refugees welcome") are good examples.

However I wouldn't go so far to say that the Montreal supporters ban was not also related to the Fuck Toronto banner. The FCM press release may purposely gloss over this a bit. They mention that "one of the banners not approved by the club" was the "Unsettling Canada" banner, but their statement doesn't mention the other banners that the club was not happy with. It's certain that the Fuck Toronto banner was one of the reasons for the punishment.

Personally I don't really care about that one either, but it was a large & prominent obscene banner. It was also impossible for the TV cameras to avoid as it was centred behind the goal. By the (however reasonable/unreasonable) rules of the leagues and clubs, it makes sense that this would be punished. FCM wants publicity/solidarity for the political message, when the obscene message was likely the bigger problem for the club. (I doubt the "Unsettling Canada" banner on its own would have brought such a strong reaction from the club, incl. a ban/sanctions for whole sections.)