Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day Voyaguers Final First Leg - TFC@Montreal Wed June 21st 7:30pm - Bid Me Run

Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible.
    Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley to play at least one leg now that he's not playing on friday? The fan in me says play him. The intelligent side of me says we've got guys who can do the job without him, at least away from home.

Anyway. Canadian cup matches are always full of excitement. We seem to always get our brawling out with the Impact during these games as opposed to our league encounters. I expect multiple dust ups and plenty of goals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Bradley to play at least one leg now that he's not playing on friday? The fan in me says play him. The intelligent side of me says we've got guys who can do the job without him, at least away from home.

Anyway. Canadian cup matches are always full of excitement. We seem to always get our brawling out with the Impact during these games as opposed to our league encounters. I expect multiple dust ups and plenty of goals.
    Um YES. If he's fit I want him to play both legs now that he has a break in the Supporters Shield Race match Friday!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If he's fit I want him to play both legs now that he has a break in the Supporters Shield Race match Friday!
    QFT

Also, it almost feels a bit like a lucky break, as now the in-Montreal game won't be a total B squad even with the required 100% rotation after 2 days.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely play the General. The guy is incredibly fit, he says he's not tired, he's getting an involuntary MLS break, and he'll make a huge difference in the midfield.

Montréal is going to go for a win, but if we can get an away goal and keep the score close, we can finish the job at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no need to keep Mikey on for the entire 90 minutes. Fatigued players are more prone to injury. Sub him off after 60 minutes, he could probably use the rest.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    There's no need to keep Mikey on for the entire 90 minutes. Fatigued players are more prone to injury. Sub him off after 60 minutes, he could probably use the rest.
    Alright, you tell him to sit, kay?

i don't want him hurt either but I hope the match is in hand by then or he'll be fuuuumin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Since Bradley is banned for the Friday game vs. NE, there's no way he will sit a minute in Montreal. Unless we're up by about 3 goals with 10 minutes left.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Since Bradley is banned for the Friday game vs. NE, there's no way he will sit a minute in Montreal. Unless we're up by about 3 goals with 10 minutes left.
    So when we're up by 3. Got it. He'll be mad if it's too early...

DAMN I'm looking forward to this match!
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-19-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So if were up by 3. Got it. He'll be mad if it's too early.
    Fixed. Sorry, just triggered my TFCPTSD.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bologna's B team tried out a 5-3-2 this weekend - didn't work so hot. We will see if they return to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how Ciman has gone from most feared CB in the league to being considered a possible liability for the Impact. For a team that plays such an 'absorb and counter' style they really have a shit backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you guys know if Giovincco (spelling), altidore, or bradley will be playing? Please and thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they dont start them, we need them for an important upcoming match against New England, in a game where we need to rematch them at home, but I still think that winning these games for Canada are very important.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PawTar711 View Post
    do you guys know if Giovincco (spelling), altidore, or bradley will be playing? Please and thank you.
    Bradley is suspended for fridays game, so I expect he will play. I dont think we will see Seba or Jozy on Wednesday.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an excellent primer video to watch before we get into this two leg series. Psyched for this series to get going!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The midfield and forwards positions are actually deep and well rotated, the real challenge is the back 3 where there are only 4 healthy.

Will be interesting to see how Vanney approaches the lineups.
    Defense vs Montreal - Play the Starting Defense with Morrow and Beitashour
    Offensive vs NE - Rotate in any extra defenders which is pretty much only Hernandez .. maybe also a TFC2 defender

Is Morgan finally healthy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Here is an excellent primer video to watch before we get into this two leg series. Psyched for this series to get going!!

Goosebumps! What a night! I'll never forget it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The midfield and forwards positions are actually deep and well rotated, the real challenge is the back 3 where there are only 4 healthy.

Will be interesting to see how Vanney approaches the lineups.
    Defense vs Montreal - Play the Starting Defense with Morrow and Beitashour
    Offensive vs NE - Rotate in any extra defenders which is pretty much only Hernandez .. maybe also a TFC2 defender

Is Morgan finally healthy?
    I agree, injuries have left us a little thin at defense. I really want to see all our starters for the Montreal game. We can't play any TFC2 defenders in the NE game but we can in the Montreal game. It may be that we see Tainter again in the Montreal game but I would prefer not. I can see Hernandez and Morgan playing the NE game.

I expect Oso, Hamilton, Chapman and Edwards will all get the start in Montreal.

Since Bradley will play the Montreal game I would expect Vasquez on the bench. Jozy, Seba and Vasquez can't start both games. I expect they will each start a game and come off the bench for the other if needed.

It will be very interesting to see how Vanney manages everyone's minutes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I agree, injuries have left us a little thin at defense. I really want to see all our starters for the Montreal game. We can't play any TFC2 defenders in the NE game but we can in the Montreal game. It may be that we see Tainter again in the Montreal game but I would prefer not. I can see Hernandez and Morgan playing the NE game.

I expect Oso, Hamilton, Chapman and Edwards will all get the start in Montreal.

Since Bradley will play the Montreal game I would expect Vasquez on the bench. Jozy, Seba and Vasquez can't start both games. I expect they will each start a game and come off the bench for the other if needed.

It will be very interesting to see how Vanney manages everyone's minutes.
    I was bored at work, so I thought I would do Vanney's work for him. Here is the lineup I would start Wednesday vs. MTL and then Friday vs. New England…. An entire different starting XI in both games and you could field two decently competitive team.

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Endoh Bradley Chapman Edwards

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Beitashour Hernandez Zavaleta Morgan

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    I was bored at work, so I thought I would do Vanney's work for him. Here is the lineup I would start Wednesday vs. MTL and then Friday vs. New England…. An entire different starting XI in both games and you could field two decently competitive team.

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts
    I completely agree with your line ups. I just worry about Endoh playing right back and will Ricketts be ready to go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if Ricketts is available, I would still prefer to see Hamilton start and bring Jozy on in the 60th minute (if needed).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect to see a callup or two from TFC2 for tomorrow night. Now Mitch Taintor left a lot to be desired against Ottawa, but there some talent, will be curious to see who Greg may call?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might sound counter intuitive, but I suspect its Vasquez for this game and Chapman for NER.

The way TFC is treating the Voyageurs, the Dallas game means nothing to them. It will be the best squad including 3 Canadians in both these games. Seba starts both and possibly Ricketts for the return leg.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-20-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm if we play the kids for both legs the accountants will be happy. If we win this Cup then do we play the 2016 winners vs the 2017 winner in the playoff? If we lose then there will be two extra games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts
    good stuff. Cheyrou Vasquez doesn't work though, we saw that last time vs New England.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

This was beautiful. Thanks for finding it and sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Montreal game IS important - well at least to me:

Play to win, period - and from that outcome play to win with the best physical and mental 11 thereafter for NER saturday

----------------------Irwin-----------------------------

----------Zavaleta--Moor--Mavinga------------------

Beitashour-- Bradley--Chapman--Vasquez--Edwards

-----------------Giovinco----Hamilton

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think tfc is going at this mtl game with strong lineup and putting in a different one vs new england. my predictions:

Line up for mtl(3 Canadian players needed):
    -------------irwin-----------
    Zava----------moor---------mavinga
    Beita-------bradley---osorio--------Edwards
    ----------------vazquez--------------
    Altidore-------------hamilton
    (Seba in 2nd half if needed; altidore to start because mtl plays dirty and tough and seba gets beat up a lot and double marked; altidore with the big body to play tough back, contribute defensively and win aerial balls)

Line up for new england:
    ----------------bono--------------
    Zava-------hernandez-----mavinga
    Cooper-----cheyrou----------morrow
    ------------delgado-----chapman-------
    ------------seba---------ricketts------
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 06-20-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about this, Vanney will leave his key players at home Giovinco, Altidore, Vazquez, Moor, Cheyrou. Even Bono left behind for Pais to backup. Set the team up to defend and counterattack with quick attackers. Keep the score in check then finish the job at home with a more reasonable break. 2 days is crazy.