Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicago away

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was easily 15,000 Jay's fans at Wrigley field.

A lot of TFC fans did both games but likely wore blue to the Jay's game so no real way to tell.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not a Jays fan so have only been like two or three times to a Jays game and that was probably like 20 years ago lol, anyways I always see people showing up to TFC games in Jays jerseys , for those who go to Jays games do you ever see anyone wearing a TFC jersey to a Jays game ? I still don't see the reason to wear a Jays or even a Leafs jersey at a TFC game , I mean I would never wear a TFC jersey to a Jays game or a leafs game I think it's dump why? Let's see I'm going to a TFC game what should I wear oh ya I know let me wear my Jays jersey lol.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    There was easily 15,000 Jay's fans at Wrigley field.

A lot of TFC fans did both games but likely wore blue to the Jay's game so no real way to tell.
    Impressive travel for a team not doing well.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Im not a Jays fan so have only been like two or three times to a Jays game and that was probably like 20 years ago lol, anyways I always see people showing up to TFC games in Jays jerseys , for those who go to Jays games do you ever see anyone wearing a TFC jersey to a Jays game ? I still don't see the reason to wear a Jays or even a Leafs jersey at a TFC game , I mean I would never wear a TFC jersey to a Jays game or a leafs game I think it's dump why? Let's see I'm going to a TFC game what should I wear oh ya I know let me wear my Jays jersey lol.
    Yes people have worn TFC kits to Jays games. Not as many as Jays gear at TFC. Which makes sense if one looks at the popularity of the relative merch.

I actually agree with you but many, many people don't care. It's no different than the principle of other teams jerseys at the match. It's "close enough".
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did see one guy at Wrigley(Friday game) in a TFC jersey.
    I got talking to some Cubs fans in the row behind us at Friday's game, they asked us if we were going to any other games over the weekend and I told them TFC were in town playing the Fire on Saturday evening. The blank stares I received were hilarious, I swear those guys didn't even know Chicago had a soccer team.

There were a huge amount of Jays fans in Chicago over the weekend but remember, over the past few years Rogers have been marketing this "Canada's team" crap so the rest of the country will subscribe to their TV channels and get fans to buy more jerseys etc. We met a lot of Jays fans from AB and SK over the weekend, whereas the vast majority of TFC fans are from the GTA/South Ontario.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    A guy in my section has seasons to both the Jays and TFC. Sometimes he'll do the first half of a Jays game and then come to TFC right at kickoff. He'll do the reverse also.

So that's one reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Sometimes he'll do the first half of a Jays game and then come to TFC right at kickoff. He'll do the reverse also.
    That's fucked.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    That's fucked.
    it's not that bad - just jump on a GO train either way and you've pretty much got door to door service

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    it's not that bad - just jump on a GO train either way and you've pretty much got door to door service
    Not the travel, just leaving games. Diabolical.