Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    How, on the evidence of that match, do we end up with our four best players getting cards, three of the, for retaliation after he missed clear calls.
    however, those players need to be spoken to. Even Seba should sit after having a tantrum.
    This fukker dictated handball against Altidore on a LOT less evident handball than the one which should have been a clear TFC penalty.

But even with all these mistakes, let's be honest, we've seen a lot worst MLS officiating.

Our players are clearly guilty for taking all those useless retaliation yellows.
    Vanney should make this a strong talking point in the dressing room.
    WTF, they acted like kids with almost zero competition experience.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 06-17-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is unmatched in MLS in terms of his defensive coverage in midfield. Absolutely tireless and he reads the game so well. Been a little while since I was able to get out to a game, but watching live in person you really appreciate what he does even more. He just shuts down the middle of the pitch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bradley is unmatched in MLS in terms of his defensive coverage in midfield. Absolutely tireless and he reads the game so well. Been a little while since I was able to get out to a game, but watching live in person you really appreciate what he does even more. He just shuts down the middle of the pitch.
    I was pointing out that very thing to my buddy tonight. Bradley is solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was great tonight. And he's an excellent passer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And anyone that doubts his passing should take another look at that set piece (think it was a corner) where he floated that ball into space on the anticipation someone was running in on it. That was sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this game was good, in general, it was nice to see Bradley and Giovinco (spelling?) back from their international duties. I thought that the roster outside of them did pretty well too, Osario coming in as a late substitute is a great idea because he's strong and provides that coverage, and Altidore's strike was great to do and was hot to see, in general the players can play with better pace between sections, and maybe learn to pass with exact power more, not saying its that bad, but in general, it was a pretty good game, alot of bouncy play out and through midfield, but we were able to take the open sections properly, and go inside diagonally, Giovinco had a few good selections, but we need to get more involved with him if were to make him score more, like he was in the recent past, and he will do better and so will the team, Bradley should run faster with the ball too, but in General we are in first, and thing's are looking good if we can get through cottage season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really liked Delgado's performance tonight on top of the others mentioned. He had a couple nice moments on the ball and was tidy both sides of the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado continues to grow into his role as a locked down starter beside Bradley. Really nice to see the kid grow. He's flying under the radar but I think by the time he's 27-28-29 he'll be getting USMNT looks.

Same with Bono - though his time may come sooner rather than later. When he's locked in the guy just doesn't make mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win tonight for the boys in red! On a side note, I left my TFC sweater at the game and someone picked it up. I was section 111 row 9 seat 8, if anyone on here has it I can come pick it up from you, thanks!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga was superb. MVP of the first half for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ No one really talks about it, but his passing is really bad. It hasn't costed us yet, but some of the games he's played in, the other team let us off the hook after he gave the ball away in bad areas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    ^ No one really talks about it, but his passing is really bad. It hasn't costed us yet, but some of the games he's played in, the other team let us off the hook after he gave the ball away in bad areas
    interesting. I thought today it was really good. He sees and completes outlet passes that none of our other cb's can make.

I think it's more his decision making that gets him in trouble. he tries hard shit more than he has too. I think that's what your seeing. His actual ability to complete a variety of passes is pretty good imo. he just tries to thread the needle a little to often.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley afterwards with some very honest heartfelt praise for Hamilton. Hamilton would start for DCU and a few other teams in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Didn't think it was that bad. Zavaletta's slowness in making passing decisions back there on the other hand is a point of contention for me, as much as he's defensively solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have been 5-0 really. Can't believe that's all I can complain about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Bradley was once again making a difference with his defensive presence it's just a pity he didn't take a yellow before International duty. We could well miss his presence next Friday.
    I agree with most of what you wrote. However I believe that if you're scheduled for an absence (e.g. playing with a national team), the missed club game won't count as the one-game ban for yellow accumulation. The ban would be enforced when you're back from international duty.

Therefore I didn't actually think it was a bad time for Bradley to take a yellow. Vanney has to rest a few guys Wed. and/or Friday anyway. Bradley can go 100% Wed. in Montreal, then take the ban & the rest on Friday vs. NE. Hopefully Delgado and Cheyrou can do the midfield job vs. NE.

The yellows against Vasquez, Altidore and Giovinco though, ugh. I realize that the ref was supremely frustrating, but those cards were dumb & useless.

I fully understand that the ref instigated the crap tough. Not handing a yellow to the DC player deliberately blocking a free kick, two steps from the spot, is unbelievable. Also the lack of early calls and cards against a few DC players for persistent or tactical fouling, that's what leads to worse things.

Here's the free kick block followed by Vasquez yellow...
    https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/107219
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-18-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a player had accidentally run in to the ref just as that happened^^ took him out of the game for a second. I don't think he saw the player stick his leg out.

Not to say the ref was at all good the rest of the game. His power tripping over the placement of free kicks and throw ins was particularly irritating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC's Giovinco again showed his annoying petulance Saturday night; Then he did what he always does. http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/17...in-win-over-dc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Toronto FC's Giovinco again showed his annoying petulance Saturday night; Then he did what he always does. http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/17...in-win-over-dc
    Seba definitely has on field issues but I feel this doesn't get at what is going on.

It's wasn't the call, and there isn't much point discussing that. It's repeatedly getting hacked that has him upset.

This is a league issue, it has never protected its stars.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I think a player had accidentally run in to the ref just as that happened^^ took him out of the game for a second. I don't think he saw the player stick his leg out.

Not to say the ref was at all good the rest of the game. His power tripping over the placement of free kicks and throw ins was particularly irritating.
    molenshtain watch the highlight I posted just above. A DC player had just walked past the ref, but to the ref it still should have been very clear what happened. Another DC player intercepted Vasquez's attempted pass to Altidore on the free kick. Either you give a yellow to the DC player for purposely blocking a free kick while OBVIOUSLY infringing. Or if you're not sure, or if you feel the kick wasn't setup right, you allow the kick to be retaken. https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/107219

I'm never happy when players (especially our stars) take stupid cards. But Kurt and everyone else, watch the Giovinco yellow here: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/107244

DCU player first reaches back with his arm extended to block off Giovinco. Him falling is at least as much related to putting himself off-balance by reaching back at full speed like that, as anything else that happened (Giovinco pushing back, or possibly inadvertently touching his heel? There's no way "everyone in the building" would agree with Kurt's assessment of this play.

The refs petulance and inconsistency grated on everybody's nerves. I would love it if TFC could only react by getting pissed & scoring more goals, but that's not life.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SS race continues...Jozy pots another...and JHam stepping up. Blip gone, back to winning ways in the league.

Now bring on the cup match Wednesday!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    molenshtain watch the highlight I posted just above. A DC player had just walked past the ref, but to the ref it still should have been very clear what happened. Another DC player intercepted Vasquez's attempted pass to Altidore on the free kick. Either you give a yellow to the DC player for purposely blocking a free kick while OBVIOUSLY infringing. Or if you're not sure, or if you feel the kick wasn't setup right, you allow the kick to be retaken. https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/107219

AH, you're right. My view from my seats made it look a bit different but I suppose the ref should definitely have seen that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The referee was atrocious. He called 3 handballs on Jozy, yet he mysteriously missed the DC handball in the box.

The officiating in this league has reared its ugly head once again, but I'm happy to take the 3 points.

@Kurt: As for the Seb incident, players from almost every other sport have shown much worse conduct, compared to throwing a ball down in
    frustration. Mountain out of a molehill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to ask for yards from the ref, otherwise that player can stand as close as he wants.

Vasquez took a risk with a quick free kick and it back fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    You have to ask for yards from the ref, otherwise that player can stand as close as he wants.

Vasquez took a risk with a quick free kick and it back fired.
    sort of. It gets murky when judging if he intercepted the ball or if he deliberately prevented Vazquez from taking the kick because he was too close. The former would suggest the right call, while the latter outcome would have resulted in the United player getting a caution. Ref obviously thought it was just an interception.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.ngin....essment_12.pdf

These types of plays grant the refs a ton of options because it's such a fluid play. pretty much every time I've ever seen that type of play it results in the ref calling the play back and slowing down the game, maybe give a warning to the captains or the player who was interfering with the reset. The option the ref chose yesterday was one who was blatantly on a power trip and was trying to prove some sort of point.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 06-18-2017 at 11:10 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono had a good game, making the one save he had to. Somebody must have told him to command the area because he was going up for everything. Heck, near the end, he went up for something out near the edge of the box. And the guy can leap.

The only thing he's lacking is his communication skills when Moor or Hernandez isn't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Probably one of the dumbest articles you've ever written. I rarely see/hear anyone complain about Seba's passion and frustration at constantly getting hacked. All the supporters around me are as equally pissed as he is by the refs willful blindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seba definitely has on field issues but I feel this doesn't get at what is going on.

It's wasn't the call, and there isn't much point discussing that. It's repeatedly getting hacked that has him upset.

This is a league issue, it has never protected its stars.
    Agreed. Altidore took a boat load of abuse last night too. It's excused since he's a big guy.

It appears MLS refs let their own interpretations of the rules squeak into the officiating too often. It's not clear whether we're trying to be the SPL, Bundesliga, or something more South American in our approach. Regardless I think they'd be better served if, as you mentioned, the star players got protection and the refs kept a. Loser watch on consistent infringement.

Pretty much anywhere within 30 years you know Giovinco is going to be slaughtered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    The referee was atrocious. He called 3 handballs on Jozy, yet he mysteriously missed the DC handball in the box.
    Despite being an obvious call blowing your whistle for that takes guts, something these guys generally don't have.

Someone mentioned the ref colliding with players. I thought in general his positioning was poor. He often got in the way of passing movements or ran into the path of other players.

He was remarkably poor. It's lucky this pompous asshole didn't impact the game more.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-18-2017 at 12:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passing maps show Bradley sitting back per usual but also that they basically gave Beitashour a free pass to roam down his side. Oh, and the usual reminder that Xg doesn't really account for the consistent application of better then average skill.

If a player like Jozy or Seba get 10 chances at less Xg, they will score more often precisely because they are better finishers then most.