Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be worse. RSL are down 5-0 to Dallas....at half. 😲

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good night.
    this game was shit from the very first minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cooper has been decent BTW. He's definitely holding onto the ball much less than he used to.

Sadly I think Cheyrou should be subbed off. He can't deal with the speed & pressure tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its hard watching the champions league final and then putting this on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know what Vanney was thinking pulling Zavaletta before Mavinga. To be fair the entire defence has looked shaky tonight without Bradley's protection, and GV has got more substitutions right rather than wrong recently. However, Mavinga has looked the weakest link all night

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This game cries out for Ricketts
    Ricketts, Bradley, Altidore, Delgado, Hagglund

Super sub + 4 starters

This ref is letting a lot of crap go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    We can talk about squad depth all we want, but this side quite simply isn't the same without Michael Bradley
    Yes, that is the fact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They miss Hagglund.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 losses in 15 isn't that bad, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this games looked ugly from the start.
    Last edited by __wowza; 06-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ricketts, Bradley, Altidore, Delgado, Hagglund

Super sub + 4 starters

This ref is letting a lot of crap go.
    That's true. Though he's now finally started giving more yellows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor and Beitashour have not been good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evergreen comment tonight

This is Cooper....going backwards

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez off, Cheyrou stays? Has Vanney given up for tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like its just not going to be our night

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is as negative as people are making it out to be --- if I said we would only play "10" crappy games (and this is a road game on a notoriously bad field that their opponent plays well on) and 24 average-decent games - I'd take my chances at finishing with a pretty decent point total - we we were due to have a stinker today for many reasons (what have we had? 3 or 4 bad games out of 15 of which we've lost only two?) - if this was our full starting 11 with a regular week off between games, I'd be more concerned, this was just a confluence of many events leading to one of hopefully few annoying "schedule/lineup" losses on the year.....if they crap the bed with a full squad against DC at home in 2 weeks, that's a concern, tonight is a shrug to me (albeit annoying to watch) ......outside of going to Dallas and Orlando (two tough road games in a short week) in July with a limited squad potentially due to Gold Cup, and a NYCFC doubleheader that should be fun to watch again, the schedule seems very kind to us from August onwards....we will be favoured in most of the rest of the games after July....it's not time to over-react to a loss tonight.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    it's not time to over-react to a loss tonight.....

haven't seen a whole lot of overreacting in this thread.
    like i said earlier, more disappointment in the fact that we should be doing better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    "Armando Enrique Cooper Whitaker (born November 26, 1987) is a Panamanian football midfielder, who currently attempts to play for Toronto FC, though he fails on more occasions than he succeeds."

LOL found another one.

After the 2016 MLS Cup Playoffs, Cooper signed full-time with Toronto FC. Cooper however lacks the basic ability to pass the ball when under pressure, leading to dangerous turnover situations and an extreme lack of scoring chances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Vasquez off, Cheyrou stays? Has Vanney given up for tonight?

There's no DM on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faaaaaaaaaaaack

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One very very tired team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO.

We are the Manchester United of this league. It is never acceptable to drop points, except possibly an away draw at Chelsea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible pitch, NE takes advantage of this since they are used to it, the ball moves like a bowling ball and bounces like a rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor performance from the Reds on the night. That was as comprehensive a defeat tonight as youre likely to see. Too much has been made of our depth. Whist we have decent cover, perhaps the best weve ever had, it doesnt mean that every side we put out is equal to our first choice eleven. We badly missed our captain tonight, particularly his organization, the defence looked vulnerable every time the Revs went forward without Bradley's protection.

Still it is what is is, and at least we stuck to plan and tried to play a passing game throughout. At no point did we resort to kick and rush in desperation. We need to take this on the chin and move forward, but make no mistake on tonight's evidence July will be tough month for us with the absence of Bradley & Altidore at the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once thing about New England they have a lot of talented offensive minded players, not a team you want to face in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a problem with Vanney playing Vasquez and Cheyrou together. Two people who barely have any legs left.

Bradley and Delgado work for Vasquez because they're marathoners.

Also, Fuck Paul Mariner. I know he's playing to a product but at least give some respect to the organization that gave him a coaching job he didn't deserve. He makes out his team to be this well-oiled, well-drilled defensive or offensive machine but with that win, they're still below the red line.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 06-03-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Also, Fuck Paul Mariner.
    should've subbed on soolsma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I don't think this is as negative as people are making it out to be --- if I said we would only play "10" crappy games (and this is a road game on a notoriously bad field that their opponent plays well on) and 24 average-decent games - I'd take my chances at finishing with a pretty decent point total - we we were due to have a stinker today for many reasons (what have we had? 3 or 4 bad games out of 15 of which we've lost only two?) - if this was our full starting 11 with a regular week off between games, I'd be more concerned, this was just a confluence of many events leading to one of hopefully few annoying "schedule/lineup" losses on the year.....if they crap the bed with a full squad against DC at home in 2 weeks, that's a concern, tonight is a shrug to me (albeit annoying to watch) ......outside of going to Dallas and Orlando (two tough road games in a short week) in July with a limited squad potentially due to Gold Cup, and a NYCFC doubleheader that should be fun to watch again, the schedule seems very kind to us from August onwards....we will be favoured in most of the rest of the games after July....it's not time to over-react to a loss tonight.....
    Couldn't have said it better myself. We will still be first after this gameweek regardless of other results and we easily have the best team in the league. We had 5 or 6 losses by this point last season so let's just forget about this one and keep winning games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    should've subbed on soolsma.
    Too bad the best finisher in the modern era plays for FC Cincinnatti. Could have used him tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    NO.

We are the Manchester United of this league. It is never acceptable to drop points, except possibly an away draw at Chelsea.
    Eh, no. Are we the best team in the league right now? Quite possibly. But let's not get too puffed up about our station in this league just yet - no MLS Cups, and no Supporters Shields.

As a supporter, I never want my team to drop points, but to say it's never "acceptable" because we are the Man Utd of MLS, strikes me as a bit exaggerated. Second loss of the season, with a depleted squad, and ending off the second of two two-week spans playing two games a week.

Not pleased we lost, and certainly not that comprehensively. But hopefully they now have a chance to catch their breath, get some proper rest from the morons who make the schedule, and come back with a vengeance on the 17th.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought today's match was splendid, in fact, I don't think it was that bad, in all honesty, we were away to a relatively good side in an away match where we were tired, and I thought that in the very beginning we weren't awake causing the team to struggle out the gate, almost costing us a goal or two. I think that we as a team were able to manage the fact that possession didn't come too quick, however, I thought that they were playing in a way where they kept possession, in area's on the sides, and when we had the ball, they wanted us to come through the middle, and we didn't, I think that instead of going through the middle, we were hesitant in the beginning, and then they tried to counter us, however, we were able to get numerous chances going numerous times. In all honesty, there were a lot of exciting moments where we could have easily tied, making it exciting, also, Jozy Altidore and Michael Bradley were away performing international duty for Team USA, the very team we were trying to beat, the New England Revolution. I thought that in all honesty, we lost a bit of it in the second half, a little stupid, but I think that generally, the game was good, and it's nothing to be upset about, espiecally if your the goaltender, because majority of the goals weren't his fault.

Sincerely,