Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    His defensive work last night was excellent. He's never going to get back as quick as a DM; but he covers ground way more then he was at the beginning of the season.
    Fairness, when he was obviously still finding his fitness… but, point taken. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    There is something to be said for timing. Vazquez seems to be the right guy at the right time for what he can provide. I wonder if he had been signed previously whether too much would be asked from him, in terms of expectations.
    Very intriguing, that; I actually think you might be right, there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    His defensive work last night was excellent. He's never going to get back as quick as a DM; but he covers ground way more then he was at the beginning of the season.
    I've watched MLS now since 1999, and he's the best passer in league history, right up there with Valderrama and Barros Schelotto. They were in a league with much weaker defending. I mean, the guy's touch is insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll confess it took me a little while to warm to Victor. At first, for every killer pass he made, another was going astray. However, the past 8 games or so he's really come into his own and I now see him as a very valuable part of the TFC lineup. Hopefully he is the missing piece that will carry us to the MLS Cup this year

Fingers crossed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a trickle down effect to his vision, too - I saw more than just him attempting those passes over the last two games, and many times they're connecting. Not just from him, either - others are trying to search out those paths as well.

I think it's in part because the players off the ball are moving as if those passes are inevitable now. Lots more opportunity for all. The passing on this team is very entertaining, and it's forcing defences to really stretch and react to try to cut them out. This ends up tiring the opposing mids and backs by the time we get to about 75 minutes in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've watched MLS now since 1999, and he's the best passer in league history, right up there with Valderrama and Barros Schelotto. They were in a league with much weaker defending. I mean, the guy's touch is insane.
    Funny enough I was speaking with a Argentine friend of my mind after yesterday's game and he was saying that Vasquez remind him so much Schelotto. From his movement, touch and passing range. He said the only thing Schelotto was better in his opinion was finishing. Which got us speaking on how far the league has matured in 10 years. When now someone outside of a DP is so influential on the best team in the mls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pass for Sebastian G goal in the last minute was world class !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing how TFC plays when Vazquez is healthy and firing on all cylinders, vs when TFC does not have that makes it so clear how much VV is a part of the puzzle. Bez and Vanney and co deserve a lot of credit for how they have assembled this team.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Seeing how TFC plays when Vazquez is healthy and firing on all cylinders, vs when TFC does not have that makes it so clear how much VV is a part of the puzzle. Bez and Vanney and co deserve a lot of credit for how they have assembled this team.
    It may sound crazy from a guy with a display pic like mine (Giovinco is still our talisman!), but Victor Vazquez is now my favourite player on this team. He has Will Johnson's feistiness and Giovinco's skill...a class above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    It may sound crazy from a guy with a display pic like mine (Giovinco is still our talisman!), but Victor Vazquez is now my favourite player on this team. He has Will Johnson's feistiness and Giovinco's skill...a class above!
    Wil Johnsons feistiness you say

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV for RPB man of the year. Start printing the scarves and put me down for one. ;-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count me in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very very smart footballer with great vision and touch. Team guy, hard worker, unselfish....this guy is a great find and has played a huge part in our success

Excellent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how bad that hamstring is?

That didn't look good.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vasquez baby,
    Victor Vasquez ohhhhhhhhhh

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ole ole ole oleeee

Vasquez! Vaaaasquez!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got Vazquez! Victor Vazquez

i just don’t think you understand

He came from Catalan

He’s Leo Messi’s man

We got Victor Vazquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    We got Vazquez! Victor Vazquez

i just don’t think you understand

He came from Catalan

He’s Leo Messi’s man

We got Victor Vazquez
    Vazquez thinks the game as well as anyone in MLS. His vision, passing and plays leave me in awe. He doesn't have very good pace so he's not Valeri or Piatti (who are paid as top DP'S) But the guy is literally the perfect connector in the middle for this team. Such a blessing honestly. I hope he can be a big part of this team for another 2-3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night at the Footy talks panels the media panel was unanimous that VV is player of the year (Molinaro, Armstrong, Kloke). And I couldn't argue with their reasoning. The only caveat they gave was that Bradley was Playing so strong in the Defensive mid that it allows VV all the time and space to do his thing so maybe Bradley should be in the running as well.

but I think it's Vazquez all day. Hopefully he is fully recovered after this break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anyone know how bad that hamstring is?

That didn't look good.
    Bumping. There has been zero discussion of this to my knowledge, here or in the media. Anyone know anything?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bumping. There has been zero discussion of this to my knowledge, here or in the media. Anyone know anything?
    Vanney has said all players are available next match, which lets us know that VV is fine.