Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there been any updates on Ricketts????????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Has there been any updates on Ricketts????????
    Sure, I can provide one. He is either great, or horrible. Nobody ever knows for sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Sure, I can provide one. He is either great, or horrible. Nobody ever knows for sure.
    He's great when everyone he's playing against is tired. That's why he's better as a super sub.
    I don't mind him starting games now - we get to see what he can/can't do as a starter - but when we are in that playoff race - I expect to see him coming off the bench as per usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Endoh was MOM
    your kidding me

hes dcent depth as an attacker but he is no winger and has no D
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 06-01-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He's great when everyone he's playing against is tired. That's why he's better as a super sub.
    I don't mind him starting games now - we get to see what he can/can't do as a starter - but when we are in that playoff race - I expect to see him coming off the bench as per usual.
    He really needs to work on his first touch. He'd be so much stronger and way more likely to start if he had one. I think someone described it as a ball bouncing off a concrete wall. That's about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as an aside, i thought osorio was solid.

he has his usual one extra touch too many here and there, but i was happy to see him have a solid outing.

There was that one point where moore was chewing his head off, but he gave it right back to him. not sure who was at fault on that play. Good to see them strive for perfection, despite being up 3/4 - 0 at that point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He really needs to work on his first touch. He'd be so much stronger and way more likely to start if he had one. I think someone described it as a ball bouncing off a concrete wall. That's about right.
    but his aerial ability is a nice addition to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    but his aerial ability is a nice addition to the team.
    Agreed. He must have a really good vertical because he really gets up there. Or he's deceivingly tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh wasn't great but he made up for it. He's still an MLS bench player in my eyes, but he'll have to earn it against the likes of Ben Spencer

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney should be given some credit for moving out of the 3-5-2 and using a 4-2-3-1 to break down their 3 DM's.

According to TFC it was a 4-4-1-1

Looked more like a 4-4-2 to me at times.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I thought he had a good match, and was a solid contributor. I'm only talking about last night's match.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    your kidding me

hes dcent depth as an attacker but he is no winger and has no D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I wouldn't call it a complete match, I'd say we saw glipses of what Edoh is capable of last night, maybe for the first time.

I think more USL seasoning would do him a solid. Still has to work his way up the depth chart though and wouldn't surprise me if Bez's South America trip recently is focused on finding a budget right sided player to backup Beitashour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    While I wouldn't call it a complete match, I'd say we saw glipses of what Edoh is capable of last night, maybe for the first time.

I think more USL seasoning would do him a solid. Still has to work his way up the depth chart though and wouldn't surprise me if Bez's South America trip recently is focused on finding a budget right sided player to backup Beitashour.
    I think they just have to give up converting him to a RB/RWB. He just doesn't look comfortable there, even at USL level. He was immediately better after moving to RM after Beitashour came on. Goes to show how much you have to credit Edwards for pretty seamlessly moving into the LWB spot. Not every player is that flexible, and if Edwards wasn't he'd probably be in the same kind of hole that Endoh is in now.

Endoh I think is best in any role where he has some freedom to make driving runs off the ball. Increasingly he looks to me like a better player off the ball than he is on it. A good transition player with decent ability to recognize how to get into space. Putting him at RWB, where he has to be more conservative with his runs, limits his best quality. All three of his biggest contributions on the pitch last night came from him getting into good areas when he was off the ball. His movement to the near post on his goal was especially smart. His best moments for us in the past have been similar driving runs (his goal vs. Dallas where he sprinted half the length of the pitch and drove the counter-attack, and in the opener winning the penalty vs. Red Bulls by getting ahead of his man down the middle).

It's far from ideal but I would just go with Cooper as our backup RWB for now. Endoh can make the bench for games where we think we might end up playing conservatively and looking to score on the counter. I think, at least against MLS-level opposition, that the Endoh-at-RWB experiment died with the game vs. Philly. Probably brought back one too many unpleasant memories for Vanney of trying to convert Creavalle to a RB in 2015.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ya his touch in general is horrendous - I mean, as a guy who gets touches on a ball many, many, many, times a day, you think he'd develop some sort of finesse in that aspect of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a video link of what happened between Seba and the Ottawa defender? Or did someone see it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that seba goal didnt get the rec is deserved but we expect him to do it

it was so nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to beat a dead horse, but the Argos play 2 days before the 2nd leg. That doesn't feel like enough time (though the grounds crew did make a 3 day turn around kinda work after the grey cup in November so who knows anymore).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Does anyone have a video link of what happened between Seba and the Ottawa defender? Or did someone see it?
    You can't really see what happened on the one camera angle that catches it but ,

The defender was chirping seba after putting in a late hit (as those dirty bastards were doing all game). Seba sqaured up to him and pushes him in the chest to say "back off dickhead"* my words

Dude who has a foot and a half on seba goes down like he's been shot in the face. Seba gets nowhere near his face. Then another of their 6' plus dudes makes tries to make it look like seba has taken this guys' head off.....(he's like "seba, why'd you try to kill him").....it was pathetic an all of the respect I had for Ottawa went out the window right there. It was the most disgusting play acting I've seen in a very long time. Seba then chastizes the guy for a good two minutes.

If you support ottawa let your club and coach know you won't stand for that shit. I hate it when cooper gets that shit going and let them know about it as well as chirping him from the sidelines. That was pure garbage and if I was Dalgleish I would suspend the little (big) F&*k for embarrassing the team.