Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I bet Vanney is regretting his decision to leave Jozy at home. Might have been able to lift the kids. Would have been a presence at the very least.
    I highly doubt they'll be thinking much about this game after it's over. Really doesnt matter much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards didn't learn from his anger issues vs. the Red Bulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I am extremely frustrated they didn't play Altidore today, as he is going to be off for a week, due to yellow card accumulation
    Yeah, I think he should have played – 45 mins at least.

Anyone else feel that Edwards got himself sent off on purpose?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I highly doubt they'll be thinking much about this game after it's over. Really doesnt matter much.
    Oh, I think management will be seething due to the ineptitude shown. Don't mind losing to good goals but those two were crap goals based on really really awful work by players that should know better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you told me Toronto would lose to Ottawa tonight, I would have called you crazy; this is absolutely disgusting that we don't care about the CONCACAF Canadian Championship

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Irwin, Vanney and a few others are looking and acting, I do think they will be thinking about this game. They're pissed off. A couple of young guys played themselves out of a spot here.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't beat a USL team. #firevanney lol, not really. It's our B squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barely anyone cared. Irwin and Cheyrou, that's about it. Edwards played cocky and his red card won't matter because after that performance he wasn't going to see the pitch next week anyways.

This is simply annoying because now we have to play the starters in the return leg. We're going to advance but we've needlessly made it hard on ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching that I don't know how anyone can think Osario or Hamilton should see minutes with the first team. They can barely play at the USL level. That was painful to watch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In reality, I expect the paint to peel in the locker room once Vanney has a "talk" with the squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, I think management will be seething due to the ineptitude shown. Don't mind losing to good goals but those two were crap goals based on really really awful work by players that should know better.
    I agree. Management, Cheyrou, Irwin and a few others will be going ballistic on some of the TFC players. Also the ineptitude shown going forward.

Among other things, management will be reminding the players about the healthy contingent of TFC fans who travelled to Ottawa mid-week, to be treated to that shit show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why play your B squad, especially not playing Altidore when he is suspended for the next game, this shows no desire in winning the Championship, might as well forget the Trillium Cup as well because it doesn't mean anything, all games mean something and should play for a winning mentality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why play your B squad, especially not playing Altidore when he is suspended for the next game, this shows no desire in winning the Championship, might as well forget the Trillium Cup as well because it doesn't mean anything, all games mean something and should play for a winning mentality
    The Trillium Cup is an MLS game with points on the line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    After watching that I don't know how anyone can think Osario or Hamilton should see minutes with the first team. They can barely play at the USL level. That was painful to watch.
    Lot of guys looked bad. Just goes to show how a few classy pieces dress up the whole neighbourhood.

For a team that clearly wanted to play though the midfield the passing wasn't crisp enough for a turf field. The number of 3-4 touch plays that should have been 1-2 touch by Chapman, Osorio, Hamilton, et al made it obvious who should be where in the pecking order.

I can understand Edwards frustration on that phantom foul by the official but cooler heads need to prevail.

Anyway, all that said the only crime here was caring. Why not go even greener with the roster and let the 2nd team sort it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shambolic performance.

I'd love to see the passing stats. TFC's were likely awful, couldnt pick a pass all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why play your B squad, especially not playing Altidore when he is suspended for the next game, this shows no desire in winning the Championship.
    We did the exact same thing last year and won the tournament. A couple guys were overconfident or lacking full fitness and it showed. We played poorly today but there's no reason the same squad or one similiar to it couldn't go out and crush Ottawa next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they had played their first string, and somebody got injured on that crap turf, or played tired vs. Columbus on Friday, everyone would have been pissed as well.

Some of the worst players today (at least compared to the role they were expected to play) were Chapman, Edwards, and Osorio; all players who have seen significant first-team time. All players that many fans think should see even more MLS playing time. They didn't prove it today.

Also we were wondering why Hamilton isn't getting a sniff of MLS playing time. I think now we know why.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Shambolic performance.

I'd love to see the passing stats. TFC's were likely awful, couldnt pick a pass all night.
    Actually TFC's passing & possession stats were vastly superior to Ottawa in the first half, but they did almost nothing with it. Only two shots on goal AFAIK. And then the 2nd half was a complete shit show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was realistically 50% B and C team. Give them a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and do I have a right to be extremely mad at our team, if our boys decide to not show up on Friday in Toronto, or should we always play what ifs; I think the precautionary actions may come back and haunt us in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give them a break for not being able to tie a USL team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...we got an away goal, it's pretty much even heading back to BMO Field. Oh well.

The kids got some minutes, hopefully learned some lessons...and I can tell you I'm not losing sleep over the loss tonight.

The real match this week happens on Friday night against Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and do I have a right to be extremely mad at our team, if our boys decide to not show up on Friday in Toronto, or should we always play what ifs; I think the precautionary actions may come back and haunt us in the future
    So we might lose Friday and then lose the second leg and then lose the play-in for the CCL trip?

It was a nothing game, as much as it wasn't a great outing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible. A number of players might have ended their chances of re-joining the first team ever again.

Maybe a silver lining - this might prevent a sense of complacency from settling in after a winning streak. I'd rather lose tonight than Friday or next Tuesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of guys fighting for first team minutes played themselves out of said minutes. Everyone played like they didn't really care. Vanney and Irwin looked like they were ready to bust some heads in the locker room.

Now Vanney probably has to unsheathe a couple of big guns next week for at least the first half, when they should be resting. These guys tonight really let the entire team down, as far as planning and resting guys for the schedule ahead.

I expected a bit more intensity and pride, considering the streak of MLS results they've been on - and worked hard for.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So we might lose Friday and then lose the second leg and then lose the play-in for the CCL trip?

It was a nothing game, as much as it wasn't a great outing.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed, but not really hopping pissed or anything. Losing this game wasn't a huge deal, even if I expected a better effort from these guys, considering a bunch of them were playing for more than just a result here.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i can see it TFC were arrogant and didn't take the away tie seriously playing a sub-par squad

i completely agree with rotating the team and striving for MLS points

but this is how we get into the Champions league - not by league standing but winning this competition

to have the arrogance to think we can just slough off these games and win a one off game is lunacy in my mind

why not at least try and win the competition outright with the fallback being the one off game??

it's a question of character as well

i mean COME ON....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuuugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Schweet.

... and the turf looks really sticky. Maybe that really is causing big problems with the passing.
    I've seen better turf on some Parkdale balconies. Seriously, is that the Turf of the future CPL? I can't blame the team for being cautious.
    Last edited by jimiv; 05-23-2017 at 08:53 PM.