Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day Voyageurs Semis Leg 1 - TFC @ Ottawa Tuesday May 23 7 pm

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll play whoever we think can beat you guys. But I think TFC takes this without too much difficulty even if you play the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could see Ashtone Morgan return here. He played 45 minutes with TFC II last week and 60 minutes in their match yesterday.

Camargo played well for TFC II yesterday also, had an assist. I wonder if maybe we leave Vazquez at home and just bring Chapman and Camargo as our playmakers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does Jozy play since he's suspended for the weekend? My guess is he'll make the bench at the very least. Wouldn't mind giving him 45 minutes if the attack isn't clicking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we will play Ricketts, Morgan, Hamilton, Chapman & Edwards - apart from Osorio, who is out with his heart issues, that's all the Canadians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think we will play Ricketts, Morgan, Hamilton, Chapman & Edwards - apart from Osorio, who is out with his heart issues, that's all the Canadians.

i hope we play our strongest 11and go for a big clean sheet win - then we can have those options on the return tie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i hope we play our strongest 11and go for a big clean sheet win - then we can have those options on the return tie
    It's an NASL team. We had no problems playing our back up team on the way to the cup last year against almost full strength Whitecaps and Impact teams. Our starting 11 has played a ton of games recently. They deserve a rest.

If it an't broke don't fix it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    So does Jozy play since he's suspended for the weekend? My guess is he'll make the bench at the very least. Wouldn't mind giving him 45 minutes if the attack isn't clicking.
    I expect Jozy to play at least some of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    It's an NASL team. We had no problems playing our back up team on the way to the cup last year against almost full strength Whitecaps and Impact teams. Our starting 11 has played a ton of games recently. They deserve a rest.

If it an't broke don't fix it.
    i'm not suggesting we don't continue to rotate our squad as we have been doing, but in doing so still field our best available 11 - i.e. take it seriously - i'd rather a decisive win in Ottawa with far more options for rest on the return leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what the rules are on calling up reserves. But for the away leg would field a counter attacking squad with the most TFC2 bench players possible. Give Jozy the start if up to it.

Ottawa is a poor USL team on level with TFC2. Should send the reserved to Ottawa to (at worst) draw then finish it off at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Ottawa play on turf? If so, I wouldn't play Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Do Ottawa play on turf? If so, I wouldn't play Jozy
    Yes, TD Place in Ottawa has turf. I will be interested to see with the Reds traveling today, who made the trip. I believe they do have to file a roster with the CSA.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt Van lose 2 -0 last year when they sent a B team,its not a gimme like it was a few years ago.

irwin
    cooper jh moor morgan

endoh cheyrou chapman edwards
    hamilton spencer

jozy and ricketts the last 30 if needed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind that if any other team than TFC wins this competition they still must come to BMO field to play TFC in a one game winner take all game for the Champions League birth

TFC can pay a team made up of RPB's in the series and wait for the one game showdown where we can field the "A" team
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd completely forgotten about that.^^^ good call.

Yet another reason to not let any of our starting 11 anywhere near this game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are probably better off throwing these games to Ottawa.

The reward for winning is to wear out your guys, and lose a game that would sell out BMO (and get 500K or better TV ratings).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TFC are probably better off throwing these games to Ottawa.

The reward for winning is to wear out your guys, and lose a game that would sell out BMO (and get 500K or better TV ratings).
    Ahhhh like the "tank".
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Nice. I could see a huge Canadian contingent in this one.

Irwin
    Hernandez, Moor, Morgan
    Edwards, Chapman, Cheyrou, Osorio, Cooper
    Ricketts-Hamilton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Why play Cheyrou? Put Camargo in there.

Same with Moor. Put a TFC 2 CB in there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Ricketts should play either. Jozy's suspended for the match Friday vs. Columbus, so we'll need Ricketts to start and maybe even play 90 minutes. Not worth risking him getting hurt or tiring him out in this game.

I think I'd just start Hamilton and Spencer. Or start Hamilton and use an extra midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i'm not suggesting we don't continue to rotate our squad as we have been doing, but in doing so still field our best available 11 - i.e. take it seriously - i'd rather a decisive win in Ottawa with far more options for rest on the return leg.
    This.
    We should go for a 2 goal difference win in Ottawa, and that will resolve 100% the qualifications, so then we can take very lightly the 2nd game at BMO.

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Keep in mind that if any other team than TFC wins this competition they still must come to BMO field to play TFC in a one game winner take all game for the Champions League birth

TFC can pay a team made up of RPB's in the series and wait for the one game showdown where we can field the "A" team
    Oh, I had no idea about this rule, this changes everything fundamentally. I have read it only after I made my post above.
    We can play in Ottawa even a team with 6 3rd string players starting in it.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether or not we throw this series should be based on how see this this competition. If we see it as qualification to the CCL, then perhaps it's not that important to win it this year, and to just go for the one-off with whoever else wins. If we see it as our domestic Cup, then yeah go for it. Due to the size of the tournament (5 teams) I understand why it may not be seen all that big of a deal. I hope one day it grows large enough that supporters see it as more than just a qualifier - as is the case for other domestic cups. I'm pretty sure the FA Cup isn't referred to as a Europa League Qualifier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's just risk/reward. I would throw it, or more precisely never play a single starter, because of the weird setup. If we go out, we still get that home game to win this.

I would not invest my starters in four games mid season just to avoid an elimination game on my turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Why play Cheyrou? Put Camargo in there.

Same with Moor. Put a TFC 2 CB in there.
    TFC 2 play Wed night so they are gonna have to be creative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    didnt Van lose 2 -0 last year when they sent a B team,its not a gimme like it was a few years ago.

irwin
    cooper jh moor morgan

endoh cheyrou chapman edwards
    hamilton spencer

jozy and ricketts the last 30 if needed
    Ottowa was a NASL team then. This year they have a similar record to TFC2 in USL. So a mix of TFC bench and TFC2 key players should be able to at least draw the game. At worst not get blown away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    TFC 2 play Wed night so they are gonna have to be creative.
    They have made it clear that results are not the absolute for TFC2. Cal in the TFC3 cavalry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's just risk/reward. I would throw it, or more precisely never play a single starter, because of the weird setup. If we go out, we still get that home game to win this.

I would not invest my starters in four games mid season just to avoid an elimination game on my turf.
    Agreed 1--%. Let the first team starters stay home on Tues, Wed, Thu to be ready for Columbus on Friday. If the away squad fails somewhat in Ottawa then release the full force of TFC on Wed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can`t believe people on here are volunteering to treat the Voyageurs like the Whitecaps do. We just got rid of the "never in the playoffs" thing, and now we REALLY want to take on the the whole "First Canadian MLS team to lose to a USL squad in open competition" mantle?

The next Impact TIFO writes itself.

And no way a Manning run team takes a pass on a trophy to rely upon a competition process he personally screamed and yelled about as unfair.

Cheyrou plays because Bradley deserves a rest.

We take this competition seriously within the framework of the whole season, just like every season.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-23-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I can`t believe people on here are volunteering to treat the Voyageurs like the Whitecaps do. We just got rid of the "never in the playoffs" thing, and now we REALLY want to take on the the whole "First Canadian MLS team to lose to a USL squad in open competition" mantle?

The next Impact TIFO writes itself.

And no way a Manning run team takes a pass on a trophy to rely upon a competition process he personally screamed and yelled about as unfair.

Cheyrou plays because Bradley deserves a rest.

We take this competition seriously within the framework of the whole season, just like every season.
    AGREED,

Jozy starts as well, he gets his 'Game Off' Friday through suspension. Take this game and competition serious