Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ordrummerboi View Post
    I think vasquez should be taking penalties permanently. Both jozy and gio have been iffy

Jozy has missed 2 penaltys this year, Seba has missed none.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Jozy has missed 2 penaltys this year, Seba has missed none.
    Seba missed one against RSL first game of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I said we should be very happy with a point from this match, and I am standing by that.
    Good game by TFC, in the first half should have tried more in attack.

I do not understand Vanney's decision to not start Edwards.

I don't want to see any of Seba or Alti taking penalties (sadly we will, because Vanney is a stubborn coach).
    For penalties any team should use their most experienced yet technical players... we have Vasquez or Cheyrou (if he's on the field), also a third one I think could be easily found better penalty taker than any of Seba or Alti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I thought Jozy generally looked off today. Maybe it's not bad that he's getting a break for one game.
    He's had one of his weakest games today so far this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Jozy generally looked off today. Maybe it's not bad that he's getting a break for one game.
    He definitely looked tired and I was thinking the same thing. Let's not forget that last week was supposed to be his game off until Giovinco's injury in the first half.

As for the offside call, it was the right one. He interfered with the play by screening the keeper while in an offside position. It's unfortunate, but I rather them make the correct calls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well next Friday night if we get one, we'll all get to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Yesterday I said we should be very happy with a point from this match, and I am standing by that.
    Good game by TFC, in the first half should have tried more in attack.

I don't want to see any of Seba or Alti taking penalties (sadly we will, because Vanney is a stubborn coach).
    For penalties any team should use their most experienced yet technical players... we have Vasquez or Cheyrou (if he's on the field), also a third one I think could be easily found better penalty taker than any of Seba or Alti.
    Wrong. Both Seba and Jose could go on to score 100 percent of their next dozen penalties. No coach in his right mind would deny them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Mavinga should go with Delgado - Edwards & Chapman should be brought in.
    Mavinga was the best player tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well next Friday night if we get one, we'll all get to see.
    It'll have to be Vazquez haha, no Seba or Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Mavinga was the best player tonight
    He adjusted and had an excellent second half, especially after Moor went off. I think Vasquez was the best player out there on either team, and Cheyrou made the difference as they couldn't cope with his movement off the ball. But Mavinga showed that he could learn today, and that's a good step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is 9 for 11 on his penalties since joining TFC, or 81% success rate, and one of his misses was a post. Penalties in general are scored about 75% of the time. Silly to suggest Giovinco should be taken off penalty duty.

Jozy meanwhile is 5 for 8, good for 62%. So it's worth trying Vazquez out to see if he's better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We was robbed!!!

What a tremendous second half performance from the Reds. You can't help but feel disappointed we didn't leave RB Arena tonight with all three points. After a pretty even first half surely only the most die hard RB fan could deny Toronto were not worthy of the win after the way they took the game to NYRB in the second 45. No doubt in the cold light of day I'll come to see this as a decent point on the road, at a venue that's been less than kind to us in the past. You could say, with some justification, that the first three quarters of the game the sides were evenly match. Whilst Toronto controlled the midfield, the NYRB were solid in defence and looked threatening on the break. It was a vastly improved performance from Marsch's side after the rocket he gave them last Sunday. However, a missed PK, a strike off the bar, and a narrow callback on an 89th min 'goal', means you can't help but feel extremely disappointed that we didn't continue our winning streak.

Still I saw enough tonight to make me proud to support this team. The way they dug deep to level the score after trailling for half and hour in a difficult venue. The way they dug deep once again to push for victory after missing a penalty kick. This is a different TFC. This is a more courageous side that the TFCs of the past who would surely have crumbled after the RB goal. This is a TFC that doesn't give up and who believe for 90 minutes that they can win the game.

It was a solid team performance tonight, however for me, Chris Mavinga stood out. I thought he was outstanding tonight and mopped up every NYRB attack with ease. He has really bounced back from a very shaky debut to show that he can become a very valuable member of our squad. Another couple of observations I took away from tonight are that we look at our best when Bradley, Vazquez, and Cheyrou are all on the park at the same time. I'm not sure if Cheyrou's legs are up to the task, but we should try to get all three playing as often as possible. Especially in big games. Secondly we look more dangerous when Edwards is on the park. Although it was perhaps not his most spectacular performance he caused the NYRB defence all sorts of problems the 20 minutes he was In the game. So much so Murillo resorted to kicking him out of sheer frustration.

Jozy picking up a card rules him out of the Columbus game next week which poses a serious problem with Giovinco also out. However unlike in the past I have confidence this TFC will find a way to deal with it. The winning streak is over, time to start another one next week, and keep our unbeaten one continuing...

All for one!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    So, who made that call..ref or linesman?.. Looked onside to me...����������
    The referee made the call. The linesman's flag stayed down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly I still don't think Ricketts is a good starting forward. He doesn't have enough ball control to really help. And against a team like NYRB who always have lots of big guys in their box, he barely got a chance to head the ball (which he's done well recently). I think he's still a better super-sub, but he's guaranteed to start all the games until both Altidore & Giovinco are back.
    Tonight summed up Ricketts to a T. Until the 84th minute had a really poor outing if we're honest He control was bad as was his shooting. Then out of nowhere he hits the bar and five minutes later has a goal chopped off through no fault of his own. I just think he is that type of play who will frustrate the life out of you, but is capable of scoring at vital times. He is a bit of a passenger as a starter but worth his weight in gold coming off the bench. I would worry however if we had to rely on him over a long period of time. If we do any transfer business this summer it should be for a striker who would provide us a better option should Séba or Jozy be out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I would love to see Edwards used up top with the strikers
    Think next Friday or even next Tuesday it may happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone doesn't think Vazquez wasn't are best player tonight, I don't think we were watching the same game. He put threw 7-8 absolute world class ball for chances today. Rarely gave up possession, and was buzzing the from the 30th minute on. Guy was the pickup of the off season if he plays like that. He can make passes no one on the pitch can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga and Vasquez men of the match for me. Huge games on either side of the field.

Jozy can't hate on him too much because he comes up big other times. But getting that yellow after missing the penalty was really stupid. Costing us 2 games now this one and next by not being eligible to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note that game was entertaining for the neutrals. Best 1-1 draw I've seen in mls for awhile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the redbulls are a bunch of whining bitchesI.... asked Jesse Marsch what he thought of TFC's impressive depth, Marsch said (w/a smile) "I want to see their salary cap.

ps...how is that kickout on edwards not a red card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The serenade will continue with cheyrou.... Not a legend. But scores the most important goals

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or does anyone else think Mavinga reminds them of Doneil Henry? Every challenge he goes to make I am not sure if he will get the ball, get a yellow or a red. Makes me even more nervous in the box.

Overall ok performance. I think we could definitely beat any team under the right circumstances. Watching interviews it looks like TFC very disappointed with the tie and NYRB in high spirits as if they won. That tells you a lot about the confidence and mentality of both teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So unlucky to not win that match. That's sports though.

Amazing to see TFC play like that on the road against a tough team and be disappointed to not have three points. I couldn't have pictured this quality back in the hopeless years lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the players tired after working on new team skills or tiki taka type stuff? I was surprised how gassed and slow some of them looked (especially Jozy) after getting almost a week since the last game. Since the last game they did seem positionally more aware of each other (yet slow).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Are the players tired after working on new team skills or tiki taka type stuff? I was surprised how gassed and slow some of them looked (especially Jozy) after getting almost a week since the last game. Since the last game they did seem positionally more aware of each other (yet slow).
    Seemed to me there were fewer runs and more passing than a typical TFC game. Just an impression. Now if that was tactical or done to economize on the players' energy, I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Seemed to me there were fewer runs and more passing than a typical TFC game. Just an impression. Now if that was tactical or done to economize on the players' energy, I don't know.
    Yes, you articulated it better than me. I'll give Vanney the benefit of the doubt, they've probably been working on building team passing skills while they've got some sort of lead on the rest of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remember that TFC plays again in 3 days, right? Edwards is probably guaranteed to start on Tuesday and didn't want to wear him out for that. Osorio, Morrow, Hamilton are also probably going to start Tuesday. Ricketts will sub in for Jozy after about 60 minutes against Ottawa. Cheyrou starts in place of Bradley, Chapman in place of Vasquez.
    Last edited by Initial B; 05-20-2017 at 10:30 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Altidore, I didn't think they looked tired & slow at all. I mean, it was almost 90 minutes of end-to-end action in conditions that were apparently hot & especially humid, but it still looked pretty pretty quick to me.

I'll say it again, the short & quick passing they were often doing, especially against NY's attempt at a high press, was a thing of beauty. What a change compared with TFC of a few years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    You remember that TFC plays again in 3 days, right? Edwards is probably guaranteed to start on Tuesday and didn't want to wear him out for that. Osorio, Morrow, Hamilton are also probably going to start Tuesday. Ricketts will sub in for Jozy after about 60 minutes against Ottawa. Cheyrou starts in place of Bradley, Chapman in place of Vasquez.
    To me, last night's result was more important then the one on Tuesday. the "winner" of this round for the Canadian Championship plays MTL or VAN who then play...TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why I still doubted the team before last night's game, considering the unbeaten run, but I had a feeling we were going to get brought down to earth with a bang at that stadium and get well and truly smoked. Perhaps it's the lingering PTS from previous seasons. But after seeing the way we went after their throats in that last 15mins inside a stadium that has been pretty much a fortress since it opened, I came away feeling like we really are the real deal now, a true top team in the league. To be able to make wholesale changes in almost all of the last few games and still keep the continuity in our playing style really highlights the strength and depth of our squad. Imagine what we will be like come the home stretch when we play a consistent line up. Very excited for our season and long term future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the tussle b/w Robles and Vasquez. I saw Vasquez taunt him with the goal then Robles shives him near the shoulders.

Did something transpire b4 to lead up to that?

And what time is the bad foul on Edwards.

I think ny energy drinks are our new rivals for 2017