Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Edwards has to start, and they will go back to the normal three at the back. I think Altidore gets a rest, and maybe Bradley ( heavy legs), but otherwise going as close to the earlier line up as possible: Irwin Beitshour Zavaleta (Moor?) Hagglund Morrow Edwards Cheyrou Delgado Vanquez Giovinco Ricketts with Hamilton coming on if all is going well.
    Is that not a back four rather than three? Not sure what you mean there with Moor in brackets? I would agree with the rest of your observations, however I would bring Alitidore off the bench if were struggling to break down the Loon's defence. We need to be careful not to take Minnesota lightly. They put in a good shift against SKC (one of the league's better sides) and their defence has solidified after the trade with Colorado. I'd go with;
    Bono
    Zavaleta, Moor, Hagglund
    Beitshour, Bradley, Vazquez, Delgado, Morrow
    Giovinco, Ricketts
    Bench: Irwin, Edwards, Cheyrou, Altidore, Chapman, Osorio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Those guys were tired.

Not sharp/crisp with the play and passing which along with the formation mismatch led to a very frustrating first 40.(well..75..)

What didn't get a lot of mention was that their flight to the Wet Coast puke green game got in at 1am. they then played at 12 the next day. I got to a conference on a late flight once and couldn't concentrate for 2 days but these guys did the work, flew back and hit CBUS within 1/2 a week. So understandably tired and a team rotated massively since the homestand.

Glad Edwards got some minutes while mostly fresh at the end of the game to inject his energy and pace. He cramped up early in Seattle so was wondering what his recovery would be like.

Also wondered what it would be like with Vazquez and Cheyrou on the pitch at the same time......sublime linkups and calming presence is the answer.

hopefully my neighbours didn't go to be early as I started clapping when the first went in and screaming when the second dropped (and Vazquez celebrating as the ball is being hit.....wow...such vision that he can see the angle of the foot strike and know the keeper isn't getting there.)
    We havent really commented much on the rotation, which couldnt have been easy to adapt to and was visible early in the game last night. We've been focused on the concentration of games and travel fatigue, which no doubt were a factor. However, having to adapt to three different set ups in as many games was also a challenge for the players. Often a simple switch of personnel can take a game or two for players to adapt to, so its a credit to this squad that they were able to come to terms with the changes quickly and still emerge with full points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Jack
    Also, how about Hagglund anchoring our back line during this run? The guy has been immense.
    To be honest i've been a fan of Nick Hagglund since he was drafted. Even through those times when he was making mistakes and there was talk of using him as draft bait, I felt he was a guy we could build our defence around for years to come. He always seemed to be the fall guy when in reality the experienced players around him werent always setting the best of examples (Players like Caldwell, who despite having tremendous heart and commitment were pretty limited in skills) I was delighted Nick got a contract extension in the off season there and I hope he continues to grow and enjoy great success with our club in the future

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yup. It's been a long time coming.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I think we have a tendency to think 2017 Hagglund should be the same as 2014 Hagglund, just a raw CB that shouldn't be starting. His development this year has been fun to watch.
    I think he's November 2016 69th minute Hagglund forever more. He can do no wrong. Same for Ricketts and Cheyrou.

Mavinga may be the better player, but we all know who you will buy a beer, if both Mavinga and Hagglund walk into the pub in 2041.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Have we ever played that badly and won? Ever?
    Well, probably any game we won in the first few years. Man we were shite, even just a few years ago. Of course generally the MLS competition was also worse then (but usually not as bad as TFC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Is that not a back four rather than three? Not sure what you mean there with Moor in brackets? I would agree with the rest of your observations, however I would bring Alitidore off the bench if were struggling to break down the Loon's defence. We need to be careful not to take Minnesota lightly. They put in a good shift against SKC (one of the league's better sides) and their defence has solidified after the trade with Colorado. I'd go with;
    Bono
    Zavaleta, Moor, Hagglund
    Beitshour, Bradley, Vazquez, Delgado, Morrow
    Giovinco, Ricketts
    Bench: Irwin, Edwards, Cheyrou, Altidore, Chapman, Osorio
    i was trying to predict what Vanney would do rather than giving my choices. Moor was in brackets because I am not entirely sure if he is available and if he is he maybe in formHagglund or Zavaleta. But I had a back three of Morrow Haggs Zavaleta with Beita and Edwards.

Edwards has to start.

Jozy has to rest. And Bradley just might.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think he's November 2016 69th minute Hagglund forever more. He can do no wrong. Same for Ricketts and Cheyrou.

Mavinga may be the better player, but we all know who you will buy a beer, if both Mavinga and Hagglund walk into the pub in 2041.
    yes. Yes. Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    yes. Yes. Yes.
    haglund gets more than a beer, thats for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think we haven't shown ourselves recovered until our avatars change to something more positive, lol.

It may take some time to get over 9 years of heart-breaking, soul-sucking, hope destroying, devastating, cynicism spreading crap that was TFC that would have totally killed the support of any less fervent fan base.

If TFC had been in a promotion/relegation setup it would have lost professional status by year 5. We got 9 years of hopeless.
    Very true!
    But the fun thing is that years from now we will think and talk about those first 7 or so years of TFC's crappy MLS presence with a smile, and will be part of the TFC's bright history.
    Maybe we're starting even now... though it's way too early IMO.

Someone here has a brilliant signature, goes something like:
    "Proud supporter of the Worst Team in the World since 2007."

Only we, who suffered with TFC in those dark times, will know what that really means...
    10 years from now.... when maybe TFC will have 2-3 times as many fans as now.
    And we'll feel great then... a feeling those newer fans will never ever experience.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-12-2017 at 07:40 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Only we, who suffered with TFC in those dark times, will know what that really means...
    10 years from now.... when maybe TFC will have 2-3 times as many fans as now.
    And we'll feel great then... a feeling those newer fans will never ever experience.
    so true. Our suffering then makes success so much sweeter, now and after. Any new fan can't appreciate it as much, just like new Leicester fans can't appreciate their history in the same way as someone who was in the stands during their D3 days.