Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if I have my dates right but it looks like we might lose Bradley & Atidore for the Gold Cup knockout phase which would leave us shorthanded for the trip to Yankee stadium on the 19th and the visit of Colorado on the 22nd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Not sure if I have my dates right but it looks like we might lose Bradley & Atidore for the Gold Cup knockout phase which would leave us shorthanded for the trip to Yankee stadium on the 19th and the visit of Colorado on the 22nd
    You are correct with your dates. From the looks of things we will probably be without Ricketts, Osorio and Edwards as well as Canada is almost certain to advance now. Cooper as well as it is hard to imagine Panama not advancing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    You are correct with your dates. From the looks of things we will probably be without Ricketts, Osorio and Edwards as well as Canada is almost certain to advance now. Cooper as well as it is hard to imagine Panama not advancing.
    Yup - time for more of that 'depth-testing'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    From the looks of things we will probably be without Ricketts, Osorio and Edwards as well as Canada is almost certain to advance now.
    Except the game last night is going to go from 0-0 to a 3-0 Honduras win (for French Guiana fielding an ineligible player) which changes the complexion of the group a lot. Not saying Canada can't still advance but it's not as cut and dried as it looks. Either way that NYCFC game should see an interesting lineup.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Except the game last night is going to go from 0-0 to a 3-0 Honduras win (for French Guiana fielding an ineligible player) which changes the complexion of the group a lot. Not saying Canada can't still advance but it's not as cut and dried as it looks. Either way that NYCFC game should see an interesting lineup.
    Even with that possibility the 2 best 3rd place teams advance and with Canada sitting on 4 points it is hard to imagine them not advancing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we should prolly start mentioning Dallas in this thread as well now. 2 games in hand and they would be even with us. Chicago with that game in hand now could pull ahead.

Not trying to sound Debby Downer. Just keeping up with the moving parts.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July was also going to be tricky to navigate with the Gold Cup. Add the unforeseen injuries to Hagglund and Beitashour to the mix and it was always going to be difficult. The fact we are still top of the league is ace! If we can beat NYCFC at home and head into August still top with our full squad I am fully confident we will win it. Even if we slip up and are still right there, with the games we have coming up we should rack up the points. I think we are in great position heading into the run in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated.

Looks like a four horse race between Toronto/Chicago/NY/Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason I would like to win it is that it guarantees that we can host the final if we make it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good week for TFC. TFC win, CHI/NYC/DAL all lose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things tighten up again, but I still like our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    Things tighten up again, but I still like our chances.
    The game against Chicago next week is looming.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The game against Chicago next week is looming.
    That one match may decide it after TFC did so poorly at DC. It's an away match and Chicago, like TFC has not lost at home all year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated.

Looks like NYC is the new challenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC remaining schedule:
    Away (5): CHI, MON, LAG, NE, ATL
    Home (5): PHI, SJ, MON, NYRB, MON

NYC remaining schedule:
    Away (5): NYRB, COL, MON, CHI, NE
    Home (5): NE, KC, POR, HOU, CLB

CHI remaining schedule:
    Away (5): MON, MON, PHI, SJ, HOU
    Home (6): TOR, MIN, NYRB, DC, NYC, PHI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure the schedule gives anyone a particular advantage. If anyone, Chicago probably has the easiest schedule. Sucks that we have Montreal three times though, considering how tough they always play us. If we win half our final ten games we're on 62 which would have been enough to win the Supporters Shield last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure the schedule gives anyone a particular advantage. If anyone, Chicago probably has the easiest schedule. Sucks that we have Montreal three times though, considering how tough they always play us. If we win half our final ten games we're on 62 which would have been enough to win the Supporters Shield last year.
    Impact can try. They may get a win here and there vs TFC, but esp at BMO Field, they suck vs TFC. Impact don't have enough quality and too many questions to be more than mere borderline playoff team, if that.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Impact can try. They may get a win here and there vs TFC, but esp at BMO Field, they suck vs TFC. Impact don't have enough quality and too many questions to be more than mere borderline playoff team, if that.
    While I think that's true, these are always going to be tough games, even if we were first and they were last (which is practically what it is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Those three games will be even tougher knowing we'll spend at least some portion of one game down a man after someone tries to break Fisher's leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hoping for a tie in the Chicago Montreal game. I obviously don't want the taber nac in the playoffs cause I hate them, but I must admit, every time we play them in big games, they're always tight, and crazy. I would just rather avoid them if possible in the playoffs, and play Columbus or Orlando. We also play them 3 times, so we can end there chances ourselfs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My money would be on Delgado or Osorio with the memory reminder yellow card foul.

Most of the midfield has a yellow to give but not Seba or Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it will be a 6 horse race until closer to the end. Obviously depends on results but besides us, NYC, and CHI, there is also NYRB, ATL, and DAL that can make a run with their games in hand. ATL in particular has a lot of home games left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like NYC is the only team left that can realistically catch TFC. The most interesting question is if TFC can catch the Galaxy for most points in an MLS season (68). LA did it in 32 games though.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    Looks like NYC is the only team left that can realistically catch TFC. The most interesting question is if TFC can catch the Galaxy for most points in an MLS season (68). LA did it in 32 games though.
    Well, then they just need to win 6 of their next 7 to tie with LA in a 32 game stretch.
    Not impossible.

But let's be honest, MLS was a different type of league in '98
    A lot more shit teams, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    But let's be honest, MLS was a different type of league in '98
    A lot more shit teams, I'm sure.
    The other thing to remember is that they didn't have ties - games were resolved by the shootout method. I'd love to see TFC end the season on an unbeaten run.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The other thing to remember is that they didn't have ties - games were resolved by the shootout method. I'd love to see TFC end the season on an unbeaten run.
    I forgot about the shootouts.
    Just checked... they had 2 shootout wins.
    And LA lost 8 times during those 32 games.
    TFC has only lost 3 times so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does it feel like that NYCFC result was fixed? Or was it just that New England sucks?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does it feel like that NYCFC result was fixed? Or was it just that New England sucks?
    NER sucks. They had 4 CD's along the back, which is fine if everything is coming at you up the middle. Caused them major issues in the end as they didn't hold their line high enough.