Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might want to play Vancouver - at least we have a 2-0 decision over them, vs a 0-0 with KC.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand correctly, the presentation will be done on Oct 15th at our next home game.

So, what are the logistics? Is there anything happening between now and then with a handover from the RB Supporters (Viking Army or Empire Supporters) beforehand? Does it happen on the pitch?

I wanna know!! :-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    If I understand correctly, the presentation will be done on Oct 15th at our next home game.

So, what are the logistics? Is there anything happening between now and then with a handover from the RB Supporters (Viking Army or Empire Supporters) beforehand? Does it happen on the pitch?

I wanna know!! :-)
    The handover won't be from either of those, Dallas won the Shield last year so it would be figuring out the exact logistics with them and the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    The handover won't be from either of those, Dallas won the Shield last year so it would be figuring out the exact logistics with them and the club.
    logistics have been figured out, shield is on its way up from Dallas, will be here in time to be presented at the next game.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it won't be a 'meh' before the game thing! It would be a distraction to the team before the game, get lost in the lead up to the game and detract from what should be a barn burner, with Montreal's faint last hope of making the playoffs hinging on this result. Imagine the celebration at the end if we win AND get the shield!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    I hope it won't be a 'meh' before the game thing! It would be a distraction to the team before the game, get lost in the lead up to the game and detract from what should be a barn burner, with Montreal's faint last hope of making the playoffs hinging on this result. Imagine the celebration at the end if we win AND get the shield!

from what ive seen on youtube, the presentation and celebrations are done AFTER the game. if its up to the clubs individually than who knows, but lets all hope its an after game celebration

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfclucha View Post
    from what ive seen on youtube, the presentation and celebrations are done AFTER the game. if its up to the clubs individually than who knows, but lets all hope its an after game celebration
    The club have chosen a before the match celebration - its hard to have that joy if lets say - they don't get the result.

Anyhow it will be a simple presentation focused on the team, I am sure after the game there will be some moments too!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And maybe by having it before the game MTL are already on the field and are forced to watch the ceremony.

... then we knock them out of playoff contention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The club have chosen a before the match celebration - its hard to have that joy if lets say - they don't get the result.

Anyhow it will be a simple presentation focused on the team, I am sure after the game there will be some moments too!
    I think this is appropriate. The celebration was last Saturday for this trophy, whether it was present or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club have chosen a before the match celebration - ....
    Ugh...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... should we not expect a guard of honour from the Impact then?

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This message should get out to the masses via social media - to get in your seats early for the presentation. If Fizik tweets it out from RPB offical we can all RT.
    Road Games:
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This message should get out to the masses via social media - to get in your seats early for the presentation. If Fizik tweets it out from RPB offical we can all RT.
    As TFC has done in the past anytime they want your u in your seats early they will emphasize it on all platforms. Looking forward to the emotion of the Shield being presented. Will be a big day at BMO.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be post. Have some cockiness. Believe were going to send the Impact packing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets Hope they Do it Post, Ive seen the shield get passed around between the supporters almost every time. Lets hope the Inibriatti can keep it in their pants and we dont lose that Privilege.

We should all go on twitter and get our opinions out. I know i want to have a chance to hold the trophy after the game if possible.

As for if we lose the game. We shouldnt be thinking like that. there is no lose. We are the best, We are gonna smoke Montreal, and we are going to celebrate being the best team in history

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ultimate decision is made between Bez, Vanney and Bradley but everything is pointing to pre for stated reasons. Of course its subject to change but I would say its %95 pre.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will be involved in the presentation Phil? Will it be you and other SGs presenting the shield?
    Road Games:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC announced the presentation will be before the match, don't be late!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will be involved in the presentation Phil? Will it be you and other SGs presenting the shield?
    each group will have a rep and pinto and I will present it to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

each group will have a rep and pinto and I will present it to the team.
    Do we know if the shield will stay at KTG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang it up on the wall at Joe's (seriously)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...onor-tradition

I would love to see this implemented.

Especially this year but every year.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Hang it up on the wall at Joe's (seriously)
    Whilst RPB is by far the largest TFC supporters group, there are many supporters groups and supporters that are not affiliated with any particular group and must be shared with all supporters. It is the Supporters Shield and should be displayed at every home game at the south end some how, and perhaps go on a Supporters Pub Crawl tour throughout the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Whilst RPB is by far the largest TFC supporters group, there are many supporters groups and supporters that are not affiliated with any particular group and must be shared with all supporters. It is the Supporters Shield and should be displayed at every home game at the south end some how, and perhaps go on a Supporters Pub Crawl tour throughout the year.
    You should look at large form photography to print at 1:1 scale the shield, each SG should get a copy of the photo framed for their home base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    You should look at large form photography to print at 1:1 scale the shield, each SG should get a copy of the photo framed for their home base.
    That is a great idea, perhaps the team should autograph it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note I am surprised that other than an email, there has been 0 mention from the club about the pre-game presentation in any type of press release or social media post to the public. You would think they would want BMO packed for the presentation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    On a side note I am surprised that other than an email, there has been 0 mention from the club about the pre-game presentation in any type of press release or social media post to the public. You would think they would want BMO packed for the presentation.
    It's really dumb. No one is going to be there for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is being mentioned on their social media, but I admit that they're being too quiet about the shield presentation.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been on twitter and I have been re-tweeting. The supporters groups have also been tweeting.
    Road Games: