Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

Messi is one of the few players I've seen, who will routinely just shrug off contact with players that would send other guys theatrically cartwheeling to the ground, grabbing their shins.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Can't view that where I am, but I'm assuming it's a Messi dive. My statement there wasn't to suggest that Messi doesn't dive - just that I find it novel when he's driving to the goal, and his first instinct is to fight through guys, not always fall to the ground. It's a fleeting glimpse of how I wish the game was played.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Can't view that where I am, but I'm assuming it's a Messi dive. My statement there wasn't to suggest that Messi doesn't dive - just that I find it novel when he's driving to the goal, and his first instinct is to fight through guys, not always fall to the ground. It's a fleeting glimpse of how I wish the game was played.
    It's actually a video of exactly what you're talking about. Messi driving through hacks rather than going down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    It's actually a video of exactly what you're talking about. Messi driving through hacks rather than going down.
    Oh okay, thanks. Yeah, there's nothing more awesome than watching Messi just cut a backline to ribbons, while getting repeatedly knocked around and hacked at.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens