Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Edwards kicked the ball from his own side out to the far right and out of bounds. That sort of bone headed panic is the definition of a USL move. That started the sequence that led to the Orlando goal.

Its been 4 games.

When Moor comes back, Edwards sits.
    yes i agree..but what about that usl bonehead play when he set up seba for the first goal and jozy last week and saved a goal v atl,he is what he is a 21 year old who has never played WB before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes i agree..but what about that usl bonehead play when he set up seba for the first goal and jozy last week and saved a goal v atl,he is what he is a 21 year old who has never played WB before.
    Great plays & as I've said, he's really good offensively and not bad defensively (although pretty much every player on this team but Seba has made a goal line clearance sometime in the last couple of years). BUT, we have better options then not bad defensively. Bonehead plays that are that egregious get you sitting. That goal doesn't happen and we cruise through the second half. He also gave up way too much pressure in the last couple of games allowing both Houston and Orlando to park their RB's 2/3 of the way up the pitch. There is a reason why Orlando was running almost everything in the second half down that side, and no it wasn't Morrow.

The way to beat a 3-5-2 is to find the midfield weak spot and overwhelm it. Orlando found two points last night - right behind Vasquez and right at Edwards. The sort of pressure and long term lack of possession we saw in the second halves vs Houston and Orlando is not sustainable - part of that is due to the lack of communication & experience when Irwin & Moor are both out. But some of that is due to them running plays at Edwards.

Edwards sits because Morrow is better & more balanced while Moor with Haglund & Zavaleta is a proven back 3. He'll come on when Morrow needs a rest or if Mavinga flames out and one of the back 3 need a rest.

He's young. He'll learn. And its either him or Morgan to replace Morrow next season (if Morrow leaves with Free Agency) or in 4 seasons (retirement)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can blame some other guys for that goal also and vanney not for changing the formation earlier he is so stubborn with that 3-5-2.
    but i agree morrow always should start,i would like to see him sub for jozy late game in certain situations.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what though....discussions about depth are a lot more fun then discussions about ongoing ineptitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards kicked the ball from his own side out to the far right and out of bounds. That sort of bone headed panic is the definition of a USL move. That started the sequence that led to the Orlando goal.

Its been 4 games.

When Moor comes back, Edwards sits.
    Come on man, that's micro analysis on one thing rather than the whole picture. There were lots of mistakes on the sequence leading up to that goal. Many of which were far more criminal. To pin point it on that is ridiculous. Also silly not to acknowledge the amount Edwards is contributing to our attack when calling for him to be moved to the bench.

If anyone, I think Delgado is going to have to battle with Cooper and Osorio. He's made a lot of mistakes that have gone unpunished.. forget one hashed clearance.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-04-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what though....discussions about depth are a lot more fun then discussions about ongoing ineptitude.
    Definitely true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    It really worries me that Vanney would take off Vasquez when he did, that is absolutely handing the game to Orlando and only blind luck kept them out. Overall he's done a great job but I think his substitutions are boardering on awful and he needs to figure that out

Vazquez seems to have subpar fitness levels and doesn't work hard enough defensively (perhaps one the result of the other, although he seems to have improved somewhat). I'm all for subbing him off every time TFC has a lead and is getting overloaded in the mid.
    Last edited by Bobo; 05-04-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great plays & as I've said, he's really good offensively and not bad defensively (although pretty much every player on this team but Seba has made a goal line clearance sometime in the last couple of years). BUT, we have better options then not bad defensively. Bonehead plays that are that egregious get you sitting. That goal doesn't happen and we cruise through the second half. He also gave up way too much pressure in the last couple of games allowing both Houston and Orlando to park their RB's 2/3 of the way up the pitch. There is a reason why Orlando was running almost everything in the second half down that side, and no it wasn't Morrow.

The way to beat a 3-5-2 is to find the midfield weak spot and overwhelm it. Orlando found two points last night - right behind Vasquez and right at Edwards. The sort of pressure and long term lack of possession we saw in the second halves vs Houston and Orlando is not sustainable - part of that is due to the lack of communication & experience when Irwin & Moor are both out. But some of that is due to them running plays at Edwards.

Edwards sits because Morrow is better & more balanced while Moor with Haglund & Zavaleta is a proven back 3. He'll come on when Morrow needs a rest or if Mavinga flames out and one of the back 3 need a rest.

He's young. He'll learn. And its either him or Morgan to replace Morrow next season (if Morrow leaves with Free Agency) or in 4 seasons (retirement)
    great analysis. Really interesting. We also forget that wing back is Morgans best position. He has played well, in limited minutes, there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    you can blame some other guys for that goal also and vanney not for changing the formation earlier he is so stubborn with that 3-5-2.
    Nobody on this thread suggested changing formations to handle the situation, so it's not like it was an obvious move. It was a solid tactical move by Vanney, and also is a tip off that he is still having the club practice multiple formations (something he's probably been hiding from other teams). Suggesting that he should be criticized for not doing it earlier is more than a little harsh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    LOL... Oso, defensive minded... oh man, you Mr. Saget are pure comedic gold...

I appreciate and respect your opinion, but Oso is most definitely not a defensive minded mid, he although is more defensive minded than Cooper...

If we were moving to a defensively minded mid we would have subbed on Benoit
    Osorio is more defensive than Alvarez. Cheyrou doesn't play the Attacking mid role. They needed to keep pressing the Orlando D because they had decent distribution at the back from Spector. That's why Osorio was subbed in because he was fresh and presses very well. Why are we questioning Vanney when he is getting wins? As if we know any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Osorio is more defensive than Alvarez. Cheyrou doesn't play the Attacking mid role. They needed to keep pressing the Orlando D because they had decent distribution at the back from Spector. That's why Osorio was subbed in because he was fresh and presses very well. Why are we questioning Vanney when he is getting wins? As if we know any better.
    Not questioning Vanney nor did I state I know better than him...

So did he sub Oso on for attacking mid? Or Defensive Mid, you've said both positions in your 2 posts with me.

Cheyrou is the best option off the bench for defensive midfielder position.

Vasquez (I'm guessing you meant not Alvarez) isn't a box to box midfielder, nor is Oso for that matter, Oso lacks vision and common knowledge. He is notorious for holding the ball too long, I'll only hope this gets better with more playing time. He also needs to fix his socks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting edwards would be a mistake. His rate of improvement is unbelievable. Litterally improves each game

It would like taking a kids books away when he just started to learn to read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    #VanneyOut

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really was a dream match. Seeing Larin do so well but not get one past Bono was an immense treat.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Sitting edwards would be a mistake. His rate of improvement is unbelievable. Litterally improves each game

It would like taking a kids books away when he just started to learn to read
    Agreed. He gets more exciting every game and his runs and passes usually find someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Not questioning Vanney nor did I state I know better than him...

So did he sub Oso on for attacking mid? Or Defensive Mid, you've said both positions in your 2 posts with me.

Cheyrou is the best option off the bench for defensive midfielder position.

Vasquez (I'm guessing you meant not Alvarez) isn't a box to box midfielder, nor is Oso for that matter, Oso lacks vision and common knowledge. He is notorious for holding the ball too long, I'll only hope this gets better with more playing time. He also needs to fix his socks...
    i never said defensive mid. I wrote more DEFENSIVE MINDED. As an attacking midfielder you can defend up the field by pressing the defenders. And I never wrote that Vazquez is a box to box mid or that Osorio is.

Osorio is the natural late game sub for Vazquez. That's how Vanney has designed it.
    Last edited by SirBobSaget; 05-06-2017 at 07:31 AM.