Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 9 - Orlando @ TFC Wednesday May 3 7:30pm - The Return of the Native

Persons with any weight of character carry, like planets, their atmospheres along with them in their orbits
    A game full of characters - Seba, Johnson, Bendik, Kaka possibly, Altidore, Kreis, Vanney, Bradley and more. A huge eastern clash and what should be a fascinating game. Really looking forward to this one.

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it one game at a time, I say. 110%
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking ahead to the next game, but I wonder if Vanney plays the same starting 11 again or modifies it because it's a midweek game. I think I would be fine with having the same starting 11 on short rest and then resting the starters and try a different look heading into Seattle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 degrees at kickoff which is the high for that day. No rain forecasted. Should be a good night for some serious technique being shown. Kaka to possibly start after subbing in on Saturday.

Orlando's defence is significantly improved this season but its still not as disciplined as ours. Going to be a great game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting to see who Vanney rotates over the next three games. I hope Chapman has some proper minutes, same for Cheyrou, and that Hamilton gets a run out too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect nothing less than the same starting 11 as last time (unless Moor is in good shape)!! Ricketts or Cooper as subs if need be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With apologies to the MLS hype machine, I think the game in Seattle is the least important of this particular stretch. Against Orlando, I would suspect to see the same squad as the last two games and then wholesale changes out west.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep - the Orlando game is the one that counts. East Division leaders need to be brought back to reality. Travelling out West with a mid week game seems like a tough ask. This is the chance to correct the wrong that was done last December with Seattle though. Just win both please. 5 Games in 16 days coming up - Big pile of points at stake. This run will have a big influence on the season.
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 05-01-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be an attacking lineup for Orlando followed by defensive in Seattle. Hopefully someone is healthy enough to return to play LCD and give Morrow a rest. Then also give Beit a rest, maybe start Delgado at RM. Then just manage minutes because there are 4 games between May 3 and May 13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    With apologies to the MLS hype machine, I think the game in Seattle is the least important of this particular stretch. Against Orlando, I would suspect to see the same squad as the last two games and then wholesale changes out west.
    it is interesting, because some players who might need a rest are not necessarily the ones who we have replacements for ie Beitashour.

I wouldnt be be surprised if Vasquez picks up a " niggle" and does not travel to Seattle, to be replaced by Osorio or Chapman. The Wednesday games will have priority. And Jozy will take a rest somewhere there, will we see Hamilton?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to correct the wrong done in December is to win this coming December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Should be an attacking lineup for Orlando followed by defensive in Seattle. Hopefully someone is healthy enough to return to play LCD and give Morrow a rest. Then also give Beit a rest, maybe start Delgado at RM. Then just manage minutes because there are 4 games between May 3 and May 13.
    Yeah maybe give Mavinga a look at RCD or Ashton Morgan, versus Seattle. And as OgTheSmart says, focus on making a deep playoff run and avenge Dec 10 by winning the whole Cup!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is a nailbiter. Bendik, Johnson, Larin.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This game is a nailbiter. Bendik, Johnson, Larin.
    Meh, we've got Altidore, Giovinco, Vasquez. I hope OCSC supporters brought their diapers, they're gonna need it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Bendik still a fatty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing the Columbus game next Wednesday is where there will be more lineup changes rather than Seattle. I get that it is really more of a nothing game versus a middle of the pack western team with turf but that loss must eat at these guys still, can't see anyone not wanting the start against the sounders

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think the loss to Columbus grates more right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I honestly think the loss to Columbus grates more right now.
    Yeah – I'm still annoyed by that one too.

My feeling is this one's going to be similar to the Atlanta game, but sort of the opposite – in that one, both teams were evenly offensively matched, and it was a great back-and-forth affair. Here, I feel the defenses are probably pretty evenly matched, so it might actually bog down in the midfield and be fairly slow. We've got to find ways of being really creative to move the ball quickly and maybe jump on the counter.

And hopefully Will Johnson doesn't try to 'prove' anything and break someone's leg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 3 Orlando 2

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Joe Bendik was asked what he missed about Toronto this week and he said "maybe the coffee shops but that is about it". Nice. I am sure that was his attempt at witty humour. Looking forward to this one. I also hope Will Johnson doesn't break anyone's legs while getting all overzealous with challenges trying to prove something. Go Reds!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Willy is that type of player. His (small) gripes are with management. Never seemed to have a problem with any of the players. He'll play hard, but he won't play dirty.

Bendik is pandering to his new team. All the power to him. We never treated him properly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I don't think Willy is that type of player. His (small) gripes are with management. Never seemed to have a problem with any of the players. He'll play hard, but he won't play dirty.

Bendik is pandering to his new team. All the power to him. We never treated him properly.
    I don't think Will is that type of player either but to prove something to management he may get a little overzealous is what I was saying. Not that he would be out to hurt anyone on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post

How did TFC not treat Bendik properly? He was given plenty of minutes then Orlando wanted him. Orlando needs some road games to get them back to earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't think Will is that type of player either but to prove something to management he may get a little overzealous is what I was saying. Not that he would be out to hurt anyone on purpose.
    Yeah – I also didn't mean he would purposely hurt anyone. Just that he might be too pumped up and 'play hard(er)' like he usually does.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come On You Reds!

Let's Beat the Mickey Mouse Soccer Team!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you feel it, kickoff is in less than 12 hours !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Can you feel it, kickoff is in less than 12 hours !!!

strangely feels so much more of a game day than the Friday games. come on time! maybe afternoon pints are in order.