Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Fair enough. I saw that pass too and he didn't. I can accept that he has been holding on to the ball too much. But I don't agree with the defensive criticism: his positioning is usually very good and stronger than Cooper and Delgado. However, it's going to be moot I think because Delgado will likely have a run of games now. It does raise an issue though. Who is expendible? Chapman needs some time on the pitch and looked very goo in his brief appearance: lots of once touch. Cheyrou, Endoh.... something has to give, or even two players.
    Oso has moments of brilliance I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If you look, Vanney has been rotating over the last few games.

I don't follow training sessions much, but they earn their spots during training don't they? I thought I heard Irwin say that during an interview.

I agree that something is going to give and the bow will break, albeit injuries or a release of a player or 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is plenty of room here for all our midfielders. When we get into the V's cup / heavier scheduling part of the season all hands will be on deck. We should have some allowance for injuries as well.

My only real concern on this team is if Beitashour goes down long term because replacements on the right side are not obvious. Watching Endoh in that spot was painful.

Other random thoughts: Ricketts needs to show more in these sub appearances. Edwards if he moves back to the bench he could easily take over that substitute striker role. Some baaad passes from the mids / defenders this game that were not punished but easily could have been.

We are finally showing enough attacking balance to break teams that put a lot of men behind the ball, although I think Houston was balanced in their approach and not too ham fisted about being defensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seen a few people over the start of this season on here questioning Giovinco's desire to still be here.

https://streamable.com/m3aem

To me, watching his celebration after Jozy's first goal is enough to prove that he's all in on this team. The team had a slow start, and so did Gio and I feel like he probably put a lot of the blame on himself for those results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of the fan questioning is due to the decade of PTSD that TFC supporters put up with - it seems when things started coming together, that was just the prelude to things falling apart spectacularly and the start of another rebuild. Many like myself have difficulty believing that all this TFC good news is sustainable and we're just girding ourselves for (what we see as) the inevitable death spiral. It's going to take at least another 5 years before there's enough supporter turnover that good news will be taken as a matter of course.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really take the xG aspect of this too seriously although it has its purposes. But the passing charts are quite useful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things about the 1st TFC goal:

First of all, Vazquez won't get an assist for that of course. But watch the extended replay of that goal: in addition to the nice passing that Vazquez was involved with, he made an awesome dummy run into the middle after his own pass, dragging a defender with him. That's why Edwards was so completely open before the final pass.

The other thing I wanted to mention: Joe Willis really didn't enjoy that goal...
    I guess I can't upload an image here unless it's linked from somewhere else on the web... But in the highlights just watch him sitting on the ground, and his facial expressions after that goal. Priceless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Two things about the 1st TFC goal:

First of all, Vazquez won't get an assist for that of course. But watch the extended replay of that goal: in addition to the nice passing that Vazquez was involved with, he made an awesome dummy run into the middle after his own pass, dragging a defender with him. That's why Edwards was so completely open before the final pass.

The other thing I wanted to mention: Joe Willis really didn't enjoy that goal...
    I guess I can't upload an image here unless it's linked from somewhere else on the web... But in the highlights just watch him sitting on the ground, and his facial expressions after that goal. Priceless.

Larson and Davidson both reported Edwards was offside during the initial pass from Marky.... It is what it is, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Hamilton get a run out as substitute striker. Like I was calling for Delgado/Chapman when the midfield wasn't working that well, Ricketts hasn't done much off the bench, let's give Hamilton a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I can see he's an intelligent footballer and if everything he tried came off there would be absolutely no question about his talent. The problem is that for every killer pass he completes, another goes wayward. I suppose you could argue if that if he had 100% completion rate he wouldnt be playing in Toronto, which is fair enough. As I said, I'm warming to him. However there's no denying 50% of what he tries is either intercepted or goes astray. Hopefully he can improve that ratio the longer he is with us.
    What game were u watching bud. Absolute nonsense.sorry for my bluntness but I can't honestly believe anyone could be critical of his 1st half performance. His passing was sublime in that first half.sure he made if I recall 2 bad passes but that's not bad at any level. What would you prefer?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Larson and Davidson both reported Edwards was offside during the initial pass from Marky.... It is what it is, right?
    Ssshhhh don't ruin a beautiful thing... Yes Edwards was offside. BTW I would argue that Vazquez's run also helped with that, as it would have confused the AR on the other side. With different overlapping movements, it made it harder to spot Edwards' offside position in real-time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I don't really take the xG aspect of this too seriously although it has its purposes. But the passing charts are quite useful.
    It is really interesting, thanks for posting. The passing charts have us playing a 3-1-4-2, essentially. Last game was a little different, Vasquez was more advanced, if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys - does anyone have a link to a video of that sublime 1-time pass from Giovinco from a clearance out to the wing during the 2nd half? Absolutely beauty...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    Guys - does anyone have a link to a video of that sublime 1-time pass from Giovinco from a clearance out to the wing during the 2nd half? Absolutely beauty...
    Do you mean this one?

Last edited by ChrisFizik; 05-01-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: tweet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Looked bad at fist and then filled up well.

25K is the new weekend base it seems.
    I would say 25k is the new Friday base - none of the usual people around me have attended yet this season and I struggle to make it on Friday evening. The first Saturday game will be closer to 30k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I would say 25k is the new Friday base - none of the usual people around me have attended yet this season and I struggle to make it on Friday evening. The first Saturday game will be closer to 30k.
    Agree that Friday matches are a struggle to attend.
    TFC used to post attendance figures on the schedule page, but no more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All(most) all of them....20 pass sequence (not all...) 10 of 11 men with a touch. damn. (if this was already answered, sorry, going through the string in order)
    Last edited by Section_105; 05-01-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: yeah, somehow double counted a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post

My section went nutz when he pulled that off. holy heck that man can do magic with a ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told to pass this along if I could.

Was in Section 109 near the top for this game with a bunch who have experience watching sporting events in Scotland and Australia - appreciated Kudos to the drumming at the top of 110. Thanks a bunch. (I think the one phrase was "the Mom is way better than the kid")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    What game were u watching bud. Absolute nonsense.sorry for my bluntness but I can't honestly believe anyone could be critical of his 1st half performance. His passing was sublime in that first half.sure he made if I recall 2 bad passes but that's not bad at any level. What would you prefer?
    giovinco had 4 bad giveaway passes. should we bench him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    giovinco had 4 bad giveaway passes. should we bench him?
    read my post again, I am actually praising Vazquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Vazquez's pass out wide to Raheem on the first goal was brilliant. I have to admit.

Oops it was Delgado apparently. Thought it was Vazquez. That was a superb ball.
    It was funny, I had noticed for about 5 minutes leading up to that, Gio was yelling at Delgado and pointing to open space - "be here, be ready" sort of yelling. Ball comes to Gio, he lays it back to Delgado who by now is doing what Gio wants him to do. Then out wide to Edwards and in for Jozy.

After that, I'd bet Marky will do whatever Seb tells him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read my post again, I am actually praising Vazquez.
    no! im going with scorning you and sticking with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    It was funny, I had noticed for about 5 minutes leading up to that, Gio was yelling at Delgado and pointing to open space - "be here, be ready" sort of yelling. Ball comes to Gio, he lays it back to Delgado who by now is doing what Gio wants him to do. Then out wide to Edwards and in for Jozy.

After that, I'd bet Marky will do whatever Seb tells him.
    Another benefit of gio playing a bit further back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    no! im going with scorning you and sticking with it
    eh?
    I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh?
    I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
    sarcasm fail

i was going to be stubborn and just continue to say that you were putting down Vazquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...after-big-wins

Team of the Week nod for Edwards and Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...after-big-wins

Team of the Week nod for Edwards and Altidore.
    Edwards is leaving quite the impression, here's to hoping TFC Academy develops more such young stud homegrowns!