Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Do Madrid fans constantly bitch abut Ronaldo having poor body language?

Seba's a competitor, and all indications are that he's very happy here. He wants to score goals and win a championship. Everything else is secondary to that fact.

The Vazquez sub makes sense even if we weren't as good after. Comfortably up two no reason not to give Chapman a run out. Vanney said he's been very impressive in training and has been trying to get him a run out. When else is he supposed to get his minutes?

Please please please more Delgado. It's so obvious he's the best match at CM with Bradley and Vazquez. Does the dirty work and drives the play forward when he has the chance. Credit to Bradley and Vazquez for being great in the middle of the park tonight but Delgado was integral to winning the battle too. Edwards continues to impress as well.
    +1 to it all. Especially Delgado - more please.

Having a second defensive minded player just balances everything nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba's a competitor, and all indications are that he's very happy here. He wants to score goals and win a championship. Everything else is secondary to that fact.

The Vazquez sub makes sense even if we weren't as good after. Comfortably up two no reason not to give Chapman a run out. Vanney said he's been very impressive in training and has been trying to get him a run out. When else is he supposed to get his minutes?

Please please please more Delgado. It's so obvious he's the best match at CM with Bradley and Vazquez. Does the dirty work and drives the play forward when he has the chance. Credit to Bradley and Vazquez for being great in the middle of the park tonight but Delgado was integral to winning the battle too. Edwards continues to impress as well.
    There's poor body language and theres' being a petulant twat. I know what side Seba was on tonight...

Agreed about the Vazquez sub. It was the right time to give Jay some mins. Although he didnt do much/look great with them.

Agreed about Delgado.Bar his misplaced pass to Jozy he was perfect all night. Although I wonder if that might have been a symptom of the Fire's midfield being a directionless, positionless mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair points m8, however Séba barely cracked a smile after netting the free kick. If that had been me I'd have picked up a card for my celebrations. I sincerely hope you're right in your assessment and I'm wrong, however Giovinco's actions on being subbed were hardly those of a happy player.

On Delgado we will have to disagree. I thought he had a very quiet game. I much prefer Cooper's feistiness in there. We simply lost momentum when Vazquez left the field. Although we were two up it was too early in the game for me to sacrifice our playmaker. Had the ref got a couple of calls correct we could be talking about another two points dropped. Having said that I take your point about game time. I would have waited ten minutes and pulled Delgado to make way for Chapman, something a Vanney had to do not much later because of cramp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory at last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was Seba back at his best - which is a relief. Vasquez had another good run and is really starting to assert himself as the creator. Disappointed with Alti's performance tonight - if he finishes well we would have had 5. Edwards - not a stellar performance. Cheyrou gave the goal away - very rusty.

Other than that it was nice to win after having to suffer through the sycophantic love in for Sweinsteiger.... yes he was lucky enough to be a decent international in the German team. No He can't take Chicago from last to first in one season on his own. Needed that win - to send a message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looked a little different inside the stadium. For example, Vasquez, who was exceptional going forward, was playing far too high up the pitch for. 2-0 lead with 15-20 minutes left. We were all yelling for him to be subbed, and Chapman made sense. In fact, Chapmans touch was superb - several excellent one touch through balls. I was very impressed.

Oso was solid as usual when Delgado had to come off, and Delgado had a decent game but Chicago left him alone. It was almost like they were saying focus on Bradley and Vasquez, and defend Edwards, Delgado cannot hurt us.

the third sub was baffling. Jozy had been dozy almost the whole game, except for his hold up play. And he wasn't tracking back. Replacing him with Cheyrou might have made sense. Replacing Givinco was surprising.

looking at the bench, something has to give. Why do we need Osorio, Cooper, Delgado, Chapman and Endoh? They are all fairly similar types of players I think we are going to see a trade or something and my guess is Cooper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my two cents - thought Hagglund had a very good game on the back line. He was the leader out there organizing the lines and directing traffic. He's been listening and learning from Moor. The Fire goal was the result of a give away by Cheyrou.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago came out to play and paid for it. We had the right set up for the opponent.
    Schweinsteiger was technically better but gosh he looked tubby. Bradley kept him quiet most of the game. We were very good at moving the ball around until about minute 65 when we slowed the ball movement too much.

Houston won't play that open. I suspect Cooper will be back in the side next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had a problem with Giovinco's demeanor on the pitch. He's fiery and wears his heart on his sleeve. But there's a difference between showing your frustration on the pitch and what he did today. That was simply childish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Chicago came out to play and paid for it. We had the right set up for the opponent.
    Schweinsteiger was technically better but gosh he looked tubby. Bradley kept him quiet most of the game. We were very good at moving the ball around until about minute 65 when we slowed the ball movement too much.

Houston won't play that open. I suspect Cooper will be back in the side next week.
    He really did look tubby but I think he's actually just a big guy. I didn't see a big gut on him like, say, Landon Donovan in his last year. Or Joe Bendik. It surprised me how wide he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    That's the boil lancing referenced up thread. Goals from Gio. Let there be many more, please!
    THAT'S what you meant?! I thought by the way you wrote it you were expecting another bad game. That's why I didn't get the lancing the boil reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they seemed more direct today, far fewer pointless passes or little pirouettes on the ball. I liked Delgado in there, Bradley seemed more involved and at ease going forward especially early on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Beitashour come up to the SGs. I'm surprised at how half hearted it was by many others . Look I get people are ticked at giving up the goal but regardless of the result, you thank the fans who cheer so loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Just my two cents - thought Hagglund had a very good game on the back line. He was the leader out there organizing the lines and directing traffic. He's been listening and learning from Moor. The Fire goal was the result of a give away by Cheyrou.
    Hagglund had a great game. Made several key tackles and headers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Cheyrou should be on the pitch anymore, he is well past it and its time to move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he reportedly showered and left BMO before the game was even over according to Neil Davidson.

Let's hope this doesn't become a distraction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Deserves a fine if that's true. Bradley needs to sort this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Seba is mainly pissed because there're other players on the pitch that should've been subbed off before him. He's a true competitor, he felt his scoring momentum again, but the timing of the sub was rather poor, I would be pissed too. I personally wouldn't look too much into it. At the end of the day, we took the W, lets celebrate that and move on to next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So he reportedly showered and left BMO before the game was even over according to Neil Davidson.

Here begins the play to get the Chinese dollars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    I think Seba is mainly pissed because there're other players on the pitch that should've been subbed off before him. He's a true competitor, he felt his scoring momentum again, but the timing of the sub was rather poor, I would be pissed too. I personally wouldn't look too much into it. At the end of the day, we took the W, lets celebrate that and move on to next week.
    There was 5 mins left. C'mon. He's acting the cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

He seemed to indicate to someone in the crowd after his first goal. If it was his wife it would be strange for him to leave without her, not to mention a quick 5 minute shower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there is more to it?

It is not uncommon to pull a player right near the end after a stellar performance to give him a chance to be recognized by the fans individually before we salute the team in victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgs88 View Post
    Maybe there is more to it?

It is not uncommon to pull a player right near the end after a stellar performance to give him a chance to be recognized by the fans individually before we salute the team in victory.
    Vanney has said that was his intention, though he admits he now understands why seba would have taken it differently. It was a simple miscommunication. I'm sure cooler heads will prevail in the morning.

He's also done this before with Seba and he's never acted out like this. Not sure what to make of all this but all things considered I can't see this being anything that big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - he should have been soaking in the accolades. That was his first good performance of the season. If I were Bez...I'd make sure I had a plan for a replacement this summer if he is fed up and wants the big Chinese money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There was 5 mins left. C'mon. He's acting the cunt.
    He could've subbed Jozy instead, which was playing very poor today. I didn't see that he push down the barriers at the game, saw when I re-watched the game on PVR, ya that was unnecessary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney said afterwards his sub was a "miscalculation".

These are professionals all around. They'll talk it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    In a 3-0 game where he scored a brace, I'm a little confused as to why he would take it as some sort of diss in the first place, instead of a chance for him to get a nice ovation from the fans.

Whatever - Seba will have calmed down, Vanney will explain what his intention was, and this'll be a big nothing in the long term. Wonder if maybe Gio is wound a little tight because of his slow start to the season.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just the barrier incident. Seba's demeanour has often been angry this year. Something is building up.

There is a problem. I thought it was frustration with the slow recovery from the adductor injury last year, but after last night I would say I have no idea.

No one knows what, with whom, or how serious.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-22-2017 at 06:45 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think that Seba wants the golden boot it all makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If you think that Seba wants the golden boot it all makes sense.
    He looked angry as hell on the second goal celebration too.

Nobody storms off, swipes the barrier, showers and leaves the building within minutes, just because they got denied 5 minutes of in form playing time to chase goals.

I have more respect for Seba than that. He's pissed for a real reason.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”