Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba looks in the mood tonight. That would have been a helluva goal had it gone in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We look really fragile at the back without Moor, maybe its worth considering a flat back four until he returns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More creativity on display from TFC, very promising.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 04-21-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Maybe more like "Opens the floodgates"
    I think that was the intention... I could use an editor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is back! Beauty

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!!! GIO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the boil lancing referenced up thread. Goals from Gio. Let there be many more, please!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 --- is everyone watching the Leafs?! 😄😄😄

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards playing very, very well again tonight. Interesting to see what happens at that position when Morrow doesn't need to play CB.

Delgado also putting himself up as the front-runner for the third CM spot. Shows what kind of player is needed beside Bradley and Vazquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Edwards playing very, very well again tonight. Interesting to see what happens at that position when Morrow doesn't need to play CB.

Delgado also putting himself up as the front-runner for the third CM spot. Shows what kind of player is needed beside Bradley and Vazquez.
    It's a 3-4-3 tonight I think. Edwards up front wide, Altidore in the middle, Seba out wide right

Or maybe not. 3-5-2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.... find a way to get Edwards out there but move him further up the field. He's more FW than a true winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lopsided 3-5-2 I think, not very different than how it usually is. Edwards is playing much higher than Beita but when we sit deep he clearly takes the LB position.

The thing is that Edwards is clearly good enough on the defensive side of the ball right now. His strong suit is certainly in the offensive third but he's made very few defensive mistakes in the last 2 games. I don't see a real need to move him away from this position to get the best out of him per se. He's doing just fine where he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman for Vazquez was an insane substitution by Vanney. Its completely handed the midfield initiative to Chicago

Awful miss by Jozy there... hope it doesnt cost us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game-set-match.

Dominant performance... and we're still not finishing all our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba went straight for the tunnel and didn't look happy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only half watching, on a stream without commentary. wtf was Giovinco pissed about when he came off? He didn't look injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba FURIOUS about getting subbed, probably felt the third goal was there for the taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Seba went straight for the tunnel and didn't look happy...
    Disappointing by Seba. Played great. Just go sit on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why make the sub if the momentum is going our way? Poor way to end the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty par for the course substitution. Up 3-0 with less than 10 left, you bet your ass a fair number of coaches would sub their star for defensive cover at that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Disappointing by Seba. Played great. Just go sit on the bench.
    I want to see that passion. Yes, a bit petulant but only because he wanted to do more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does everyone look bummed? Also giovinco, on a normal night sure I'd be in favor of letting you on to get the hat trick but ffs it's our first home win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full value for that win. Very happy to see Delgado and Chapman integrated into the team. Vazquez and Giovinco were both excellent.

Chicago's goal was a bit of a "time to hang up the cleats" moment for Cheyrou I think.

Giovinco needs to smarten up a bit though. Vanney is subbing him off for his own good - does he want to be playing injured during the playoffs again? We need to limit his minutes where we can, and at 3-0 with 8 or so minutes left we definitely can. I respect his competitiveness and his desire to win MVP again and prove everyone what a mistake they made in last year's voting, but he's putting himself above the club with an outburst like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I want to see that passion. Yes, a bit petulant but only because he wanted to do more.
    True. Apologize to your team mates and move on. It's a long season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuuuck is seba injured again? Went straight to the tunnel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    True. Apologize to your team mates and move on. It's a long season.
    He'll apologize and he'll probably get a squad fine too for not sitting on the bench. It's ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A solid win for the Reds and a very welcome three points. Although there can be no doubting we deserved the victory tonight it has to be said we were on the right side of a poor refereeing performance for once.

As justified as Seba was to be angry at Vanney substituting him, there can be no excuse for his petulant behaviour leaving the field. He acted like a spoiled child. Im worried about Giovinco despite his brace tonight. Something doesnt seem right with him. His body language is all wrong and at times his commitment seems half-hearted at best. I hope whatever is troubling him can be worked out. Our season depends on it. Vanny's substitutions must come into question tonight, in particular taking off Vazquez. I have been uncertain of the Spaniard this season so far however I thought he was great tonight and he was involved in positive about our play. When he went off we didnt look the same side. It surrendered the initiative to Chicago and we were lucky not to concede a penalty which would have made it 2-1, not to mention a fortunate call on the foul which led to Seba's free kick. Pulling Giovinco was an equally baffling substitution by Vanney, especially given Jozy was having a woeful evening and looked like he could hit a barn door with a howitzer. Any threat we posed disappeared with Seba up the tunnel. Special mention for Michael Bradley tonight who I thought was our best player, and given the pre-match hype surrounding Chicago's lauded midfield, he dominated the midfield equally effective in supporting the defence and feeding the attack. It was a captain's performance from him tonight when we needed it most.

Somehow I think I should feel better about tonight given the result. However, although we deserved the points, it was a less than dominant performance. The substitutions were deeply questionable and at another time could have cost us dearly. As it is I feel bad for Bono we didnt keep a clean sheet, and although it might seem simplistic, Cheyrou has to take the blame for that. Seba's departure also left a bad taste in the mouth and I just hope its not indicative of problems behind the scenes. I'm grateful for the win tonight which stops us slipping further behind in the SS race, but we need to get our problems sorted if we are to emulate the achievements of last season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba needs to grow up. That is a very standard substitution and decisions like that game in and game out will keep him fresh for a long season. The body language needs to change to reflect a more team-first mentality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Madrid fans constantly bitch abut Ronaldo having poor body language?

Seba's a competitor, and all indications are that he's very happy here. He wants to score goals and win a championship. Everything else is secondary to that fact.

The Vazquez sub makes sense even if we weren't as good after. Comfortably up two no reason not to give Chapman a run out. Vanney said he's been very impressive in training and has been trying to get him a run out. When else is he supposed to get his minutes?

Please please please more Delgado. It's so obvious he's the best match at CM with Bradley and Vazquez. Does the dirty work and drives the play forward when he has the chance. Credit to Bradley and Vazquez for being great in the middle of the park tonight but Delgado was integral to winning the battle too. Edwards continues to impress as well.