RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Caption this, I wonder what The General and Drew Moor are saying to Mavinga here?

A good friend of mine and fellow RPB member took this photo last night and it got me thinking. Caption this, I wonder what The General and Drew Moor are saying to Mavinga here? After the dreadful first start for Mavinga that saw him not last that long into the second half, could it have been along the lines of "Outta Here" , "Time To Hit The Road, who knows, have some fun with it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reality on this pic? Plays up the field (look at the spectators) and Moor is telling him to get over to the left while Bradley is watching the play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was an animated argument between Bradley and mavinga before a corner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen. Then yesterday you have a pretty new & young guy like Mavinga in an extensive argument. As far as I could tell, Mavinga stood his ground and didn't listen to Bradley throughout that situation. I wonder if Mavinga was supposed to be one of the players to hang back in defense on the corner (especially considering how good Atlanta is on counters). But Mavinga wanted a chance to get his head on the corner. Probably not a great strategy with your captain if you hope to see the pitch again.

That's all a guess of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen. Then yesterday you have a pretty new & young guy like Mavinga in an extensive argument. As far as I could tell, Mavinga stood his ground and didn't listen to Bradley throughout that situation. I wonder if Mavinga was supposed to be one of the players to hang back in defense on the corner (especially considering how good Atlanta is on counters). But Mavinga wanted a chance to get his head on the corner. Probably not a great strategy with your captain if you hope to see the pitch again.

Again, Mavinga's not a young guy. He's 25 and has 70 games in Ligue Un under his belt, including 49 in one season after he left Liverpool.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Again, Mavinga's not a young guy. He's 25 and has 70 games in Ligue Un under his belt, including 49 in one season after he left Liverpool.
    Yes I already knew Mavinga is 25. But Bradley's 29 and the captain. Mavinga has only been been with TFC for a few months, and has only logged 65 minutes playing time so far, with his first start yesterday. Probably best to shut up & listen on the field, and then talk it over in the dressing room or while training if you're not happy with it. Especially when you've played a factor in goals against during the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looked to me like Mavinga was waving Bradley off. Moor got involved as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looked to me like Mavinga was waving Bradley off. Moor got involved as well.
    His attitude problem was what got him out of Ligue 1 and into MLS at 25. I don't want to read too much, but I'm worried about red flags when it comes to mental makeup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to wiki hes signed for 3 years. Praying when Players Uinion number comes out hes not on the euro-defender special of 500k per year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen.

Bradley and Beita had a huge fight on the field during the home opener. They kept going back at each other. It's seem very heated. Beita wouldn't back down and then Bradley would start yelling all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bradley was at fault for the first goal. Almiron had 5 touches before he played that pass. Mavinga has to deal with the long ball on the second though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst caption contest ever.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we caption the fake spat that vasquez and giovinco had on the free kick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was right by my section. Couldn't hear what he was saying but Bradley was really ripping into him. Mavinga seemed to just ignore him and I think that provoked Bradley even more. Given Bradley's influence on the team and Mavinga being (semi) culpable for both goals, I think he's really dug himself a hole.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Players get into it on the field all the time in the heat of the moment. The majority of that stuff is in-game, on-field and doesn't make it beyond the next ten minutes.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Players get into it on the field all the time in the heat of the moment. The majority of that stuff is in-game, on-field and doesn't make it beyond the next ten minutes.
    this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vanney seems to think that Mavinga is lacking defensive vision. Essentially says Mavinga didn't have the vision on both goals like he should've.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I was actually a little concerned during that "spat", and the ploy almost worked... ;-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguments happen all the time, and it's part of the game. When I was sitting field level, I recall Bradley and Caldwell going at it 3 years ago, but as somebody said above, they're usually forgotten 10 mins later.

The best TFC player spat I've seen is with Gilberto and Defoe. We all know how that ended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's me in the scarf, directly to the right of Mavinga. From the looks of it, and based on where we are looking, I'd say that we were setting up for a corner kick here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Right?!?! That almost came off but the Atlanta defenders were awake to the possibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    bradley was at fault for the first goal. Almiron had 5 touches before he played that pass. Mavinga has to deal with the long ball on the second though.
    Great point. To let a player of that quality have that many touches on the ball is only asking for trouble.

He looked like the real deal - MVP worthy if he keeps this up.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-11-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Vanney seems to think that Mavinga is lacking defensive vision. Essentially says Mavinga didn't have the vision on both goals like he should've.
    That was the most directly critical of a player that Vanney has ever been, in my recollection. He must be really pissed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That was the most directly critical of a player that Vanney has ever been, in my recollection. He must be really pissed.
    I know, right?
    In the past he has usually chalked errors up to learning curve pains or just momentary lapses in judgement.

This felt like it was targeted at Mavinga's arrogance in what he perceives his skills/ability as a footballer is capable of.
    My read is that Mavinga thinks he can play out of position because his speed and ability can make up for whatever defensive lapse occurs. And it sounds like it's a habit they are working on breaking, as oppose to someone learning a new formation or play

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can only play out of position when he can catch the attacker. In this case he could not.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least he's 25 and not 30. His innate technical ability is good. A work in progress, like the rest of our back line that isn't named Moor.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro's been reading this site again.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-c...-poor-showing/