Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Still in the academy but serious concerns that he'll actually end up signing with TFC/TFCII.
    Seems that he is really taking his time in deciding what his future plans are. Wonder if that is playing a part in him not getting minutes for TFC2 as a member of the academy player pool. I am sure the Reds braintrust would like to give him a look at some point.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So which academy team is Ayo playing with lately and what's the concern with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Seems that he is really taking his time in deciding what his future plans are. Wonder if that is playing a part in him not getting minutes for TFC2 as a member of the academy player pool. I am sure the Reds braintrust would like to give him a look at some point.
    I think he's just been busy elsewhere so far, he was at the U.S. residency program during preseason and he's probably with TFCIII or the U17 squad now for the youth tournaments in Dallas, then he's going to join up with the U.S. U17s for the CONCACAF U17 World Cup qualifying tournament later this month. So I don't think his contract situation has anything to do with him not being involved right now, but it is something to keep an eye on later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So which academy team is Ayo playing with lately and what's the concern with him?
    We offered him a TFC II contract which he declined, then offered him an MLS contract which he seems to have declined at least for now. He's been getting interest from Europe since his stellar performances with the U.S. U17s have kept coming, so there's a good chance he leaves for Europe when he turns 18 instead of signing with TFC.
    Last edited by notthesun; 04-04-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then if that's the case then I'm pretty sure that's what he will probably do, it's also too bad that it seems he has also chosen the US over Canada in terms of national teams, he was born in the US but grew up in the Toronto area since I think the age of 2 I think, so played all his soccer growing up here in the Toronto area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing happened with Weston McKennie and Haji Wright. Not unprecedented but certainly not the best thing for he club if he leaves right now. At least it gets our name out there for player production.