Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 5 - The Night The Reds Drive Old Dixie Down - ATL @TFC Sat, April 8 7:30 PM

Let the conversation commence here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta drew last night. A few Atlanta journos were surprised at how poor Atlanta played but they havn't faced a decent team away before. Going to require a very disciplined defensive performance.

Eg. of how they operate. When defending a corner kick, they leave two forwards up back near the centre circle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched a bit of their game versus Seattle last night, did not see the whole game but from what I saw they could have actually won the game late in the game, they had some great chances to win it. They were missing their top scorer who I don't think will be there Saturday either. However, this is a dangerous team and play a brand of soccer that I've never seen in the MLS. If the TFC team of the MLS CUP final and of last night's game shows up who can't finish their chances and who has trouble unlocking a defensive then we are in for our first loss I'm sorry to say, this Atlanta team plays a brand of soccer where goals are not usually tough to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Watched a bit of their game versus Seattle last night, did not see the whole game but from what I saw they could have actually won the game late in the game, they had some great chances to win it. They were missing their top scorer who I don't think will be there Saturday either. However, this is a dangerous team and play a brand of soccer that I've never seen in the MLS. If the TFC team of the MLS CUP final and of last night's game shows up who can't finish their chances and who has trouble unlocking a defensive then we are in for our first loss I'm sorry to say, this Atlanta team plays a brand of soccer where goals are not usually tough to score.
    On the strength of performances so far, Almiron is maybe the best player in the league. He looks on a different level in the way Seba did when he came in. So does Martinez, who knows how to beat a trap cold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    On the strength of performances so far, Almiron is maybe the best player in the league. He looks on a different level in the way Seba did when he came in. So does Martinez, who knows how to beat a trap cold.
    Atlanta is good for the league, but it would be nice if Seba finally sinks a few much needed goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the latest injury to Irwin the club should move on. Alex Bono is the #1 goal keeper for this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a must win for TFC in my book, and the most difficult game so far this season.

I know 75% of all of you guys will say it's no problem at all if still just a draw.
    But with another draw, for me the season start with 1 win and 4 draws, and with just 7 points from 15 possible will look even worst than mediocre...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Atlanta drew last night. A few Atlanta journos were surprised at how poor Atlanta played but they havn't faced a decent team away before. Going to require a very disciplined defensive performance.

Eg. of how they operate. When defending a corner kick, they leave two forwards up back near the centre circle.
    Always wondered why TFC does not do this more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This is a must win for TFC in my book, and the most difficult game so far this season.

I know 75% of all of you guys will say it's no problem at all if still just a draw.
    But with another draw, for me the season start with 1 win and 4 draws, and with just 7 points from 15 possible will look even worst than mediocre...
    I agree that it is a must win for confidence and cohesions sake, not for overall results in the table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Moor up his game on the ball. His passing v KC was poor but also he was very reluctant to come out from the back with the ball, even when KC were dropping deep and giving him the space. It was set up for him to come with forward with the ball and give it to mid and work the ball but he too often he just lumped it aimlessly forward and it went out or straight back to KC. We shouldn't be bypassing our mid, we have the players like Bradley and Vasquez who have or should have the ability to make the passes and break down the other teams defence.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that TFC needs to pick up the full three points against Atlanta, but they are definitely not going to make it easy. We gotta disrupt their offense and dictate more of the pace then we did in the game against KC. I have faith in Bono, I just hope our Defence can pick up more slack for the guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Atlanta playing a bunkering style like SKC. I think they'll match attack for attack. Should be a barn-burner of a game this weekend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I don't see Atlanta playing a bunkering style like SKC. I think they'll match attack for attack. Should be a barn-burner of a game this weekend.
    And they will. Atl almost came away with a win at Seattle and they took it to Seattle. Make sense, because their defence can be suspect at times and their attack esp through their flanks is something dangerous with veterans Garza and Mears providing some excellent overlaps from fullback positions. And they will likely start Almiron and Carmona along with rest of their usuals minus Martinez who's out injured. Key is to test their GK Kann who is either a diamond in the rough playing his heart out to not to lose his spot when Guzan comes in the summer or an inexperienced guy who's just riding out a lucky streak.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to win because Atlanta needs a good spanking to knock them back down to earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We need to win because Atlanta needs a good spanking to knock them back down to earth.
    Quoted for truth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta are the scariest expansion team MLS has ever seen, led by their core of young, skilled & creative south american players.

Should be an entertaining match, to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Atlanta are the scariest expansion team MLS has ever seen, led by their core of young, skilled & creative south american players.

Good hard clean tackles in midfield, I am fed up with this boring recycling possession football Vanney is preaching, it's MLS go for the fucking net and strike the fucking ball.

Just my 2 cents

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post

On form and on paper, sure, but until they win it all this year Chicago should hold that title for their first year double.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ready for some weirdnesss

Toronto FC v Atlanta United
    BMO Field (7:30pm ET)
    REF: DAVE GANTAR
    AR1: Philippe Briere
    AR2: Jason White
    4TH: Geoff Gamble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(fart noise)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Good hard clean tackles in midfield, I am fed up with this boring recycling possession football Vanney is preaching, it's MLS go for the fucking net and strike the fucking ball.

Just my 2 cents
    Damn - I am missing Will Johnson already. It's time for Giovinco to get going again. We need to show that we were the better team than Seattle...no more excuses the season is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn. I was unhappy with Alan Kelly last game but now I'm wishing he was taking this one as well now.....$5 on a red card being issues to Toronto for something that wouldn't be a yellow in a timbit league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post

Just my 2 cents
    Good positioning>good tackles

Otherwise Pep Guardiola would have never became the defensive mid he was despite having poor tackling skills. Though yes, possessive football is more defensive in nature because the more you have the ball, the less chances your opponents have to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    damn. I was unhappy with Alan Kelly last game but now I'm wishing he was taking this one as well now.....$5 on a red card being issues to Toronto for something that wouldn't be a yellow in a timbit league.
    I hate Gantar but a tightly controlled game is usually in our favour. We tend to be on the receiving end more often than we dish it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Gantar the one Bradley publicly humiliated a couple years ago? or was that Geiger? I get the two mixed up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gantar - after the Gilberto called back goal in Chicago, IIRC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather

8 degrees and sunny at kickoff time. Light winds.

So, coolish but not wet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Atlanta beat reporter's predicted lineup for AU

http://www.ajc.com/sports/predicting...pzPz5r8aRfaNP/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Damn - I am missing Will Johnson already. It's time for Giovinco to get going again. We need to show that we were the better team than Seattle...no more excuses the season is on.
    we
    miss will b/c cooper hasnt been the guy that got him the contract. the extra competition hopefully lights a flame under his shorts