RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - March 31 - April 2

Friday

Atlanta @ Seattle 10 pm - not sure many of us will be watching but this should be a good one. Game of the Week. Atlanta faces a good team away for the first time. Seattle isn't very happy with Atlanta's attempts to paint themselves as the best thing in MLS soccer. Seattle 3 Atlanta 1

Saturday

San Jose @ NYCFC 2pm - Flat 4-4-2 runs up against what amounts to a 2-7-1 in that bandbox. Can't see this ending up anyway but NYC winning. NYC 4 SJE 2

Montreal @ Chicago 3pm - The Piatti less against the World Cup contenders. Chicago's defence should be able to handle the counter of the Impact. Whether they will score - not sure. I'm thinking a 1-1 draw. (this game is on CTV)

Orlando @ CBus 4pm - Defence not necessary for this game. CBus will string passes all over while Orlando will rely upon speed and Larin. 3-2 win for the home team

Union @ DCU 7pm - Gosh this could be dire. These two teams are likely to not make the playoffs. 1-1 draw

RSL @ Minnesota 8pm - Petke won't be in charge yet but that won't make much difference. RSL won't score 5 but their offence is better then it has looked. 3-2 for RSL

NYRB @ Houston 8:30pm - Houston is better then their record while NYRB is worse. It will be hot and sticky which will mitigate NYRB's press. Houston should pull away with this one near the end. 3-1 for Houston

LAG @ Vancouver 10pm - LAG feasts on teams who have no idea of game states. The clock continues to tick on Robinson. 3-2 for LAG

Sunday

NER @ Portland 9pm - Mismatch. NER's defence is going to get smoked. 5-1 for Portland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta is the real deal 2-0

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Atlanta is the real deal 2-0
    Lost their starting striker Martinez to injury.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also playing a much tighter defence than they have before. I am really intrigued to see them in 8 days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Also playing a much tighter defence than they have before. I am really intrigued to see them in 8 days.
    Dempsey playing like he's not washed out and a man on a mission in league and for USMNT. Frankly I'm not optimistic about getting a result vs Seattle.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Atlanta @ Seattle game is on TSN2 @ 10pm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact look completely lost on corner kicks. They allowed Schweinsteiger a free header on the penalty spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my GAWD - CTV/TSN just talked about a non Canadian team MLS game during their coverage and are going to show highlights from NYC.

This might sound like a simple thing, talking about the league they are covering, but TSN didn't do that until this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal and Chicago are not all that good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems the Loons can only do blowouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davies gets fouled by van damne in the box... no call by the official. Vancouver dominating the open 10 minutes and takes an early lead but some poor defending by the fullbacks and it all comes crashing down... 2-1 in the 36th minute.

Edit: watching this game and the TFC outing yesterday the officiating is off to a terrible start in 2017. The trend seems to be swallowing your whistle to allow play flow. But the issue is attacking players are getting no protection and defenders are constantly testing limits in terms of how much they can get away. Way too much fouling through midfield for my taste. Cards need to start coming out earlier.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-01-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea why the Whitecaps have stuck with Hurtado. Even crazier that Robinson starts hime week after week. 2v1 break and he goes for a 40 yard GK lob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY guess would be that they're resting Montero for CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    MY guess would be that they're resting Montero for CCL.
    True.
    They have horrible depth at Forward. Hurtado is 26 so this is pretty much the peak.
    Look at their roster, 10 defenders, 15!! midfielders and a pathetic 3 forwards. One of which is out of form at the moment while the 2 backups are extreme MLS fringe.
    What the heck are the Whitecaps doing? They seemed like the sane Canadian club in the past.

I see Hurtato was subbed at half. Maybe robinson sobbered up finally. No nm was because of an injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, their depth at forward is awful. This is the best game I've seen tchera play in a while. alessandrini is destroying Harvey every time he gets the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pitch in BC place is awful. Clearly you see lines that look like football was played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-2 Vancouver over LA Galaxy into injury time now, former TFC midfielder Matias Laba with two goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll note 17 year old Canadian Talba scored his first professional goal for Montreal today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'll note 17 year old Canadian Talba scored his first professional goal for Montreal today.
    Yep was kinda fluky though. From outside the box on the left side, was soft skipped inside the post.
    Not really noticeable the rest of the match. Definetly has some serious potential please cap tie this guy.

And get Alphonso citizenship ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour is Davies really wants to play for Canada.

LAG gifting most of those goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy GK was terrible. I mean Freddy Hall terrible. They better take a look at an upgrade.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my GAWD - CTV/TSN just talked about a non Canadian team MLS game during their coverage and are going to show highlights from NYC.

This might sound like a simple thing, talking about the league they are covering, but TSN didn't do that until this season.
    BROTHERS AN SISTERS OUR TiME HAS COME!

Really, though, this is huge. The amount of sports news in our feeds that doesn't concern canadian teams for other sports really sticks out to me. This will hopefully, if slowly, even the scales.

Good times.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact look completely lost on corner kicks. They allowed Schweinsteiger a free header on the penalty spot.
    Montreal and Chicago are not all that good.
    Well Montreal get to leave with their dignity in tact and Schweini dominates but doesn't destroy them on his debut. Lucky for Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the NYRB Houston game.

The last free kick goal - the NYRB wall watches it sail inches over their heads. They jump, it gets stopped. Like what sort of a competitive team doesn't jump on a free kick close to the box? Sure, you are down 3-1 but come on. You might as well walk the ball into the net yourself.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems the Loons can only do blowouts.
    Rimando with a shocker of a game. Don't say that often.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    That pitch in BC place is awful. Clearly you see lines that look like football was played.
    Weird since it wasn't since last calendar year, no? Lions don't pre-season for a couple mos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Yep was kinda fluky though. From outside the box on the left side, was soft skipped inside the post.
    Not really noticeable the rest of the match. Definetly has some serious potential please cap tie this guy.

And get Alphonso citizenship ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's played for the u20s and will likely accept the call for Canada, not much worry there. I agree he's less of a phenom compared to Davies at his age. Still looks 17 at times but I think Montreal has reasonably managed his minutes, typically he's a 2nd half sub.

Looking a few year out, assuming some of these guys continue to progress... Canada potentially has Tabla, Davies, Larin, Arfield, Jr Hoilett... not bad attack wise.

I'll hold out hope someone like Laba gets a Canadian passport too and the team starts to look not half bad again. At least much better than the current 100 something FIFA ranking.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-02-2017 at 11:22 AM.