Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
To be honest, it had nothing to do with burning bridges (I've NEVER been worried about that). The Payne era was bad, but it was relatively short, and the damage was, all things considered, somewhat limited. That's why it was glossed over in my piece.

For me, the turning point was the hiring of Leiweke. It was at that juncture that I felt the club started to get its act together.

As far as wanting more on dysfunction, I don't know--I thought we covered it pretty well, especially during the Mo era and during the entire Jurgen/Winter thing (which, btw, I consider the absolute low point of the franchise--and that pains me to admit because just on a personal level, I really liked Aron. Super guy and so wanted him to succeed, but it became pretty clear that he was a poor hire.

Anyway, I appreciate all the feedback.

If you have any other questions you want to ask about the oral history piece, fire away! I'll try my best to answer them all.

John

PS: The original version of my story was supposed to be 50,000 words. I wrote 50,000 words but then it got cut down to 18,000 - which is still the longest story ever published on the Sportsnet website.

great read of 18,000 words. Please self publish all 50,000 words on Amazon and I will buy 10 copies . Or we can make a pictorial scrapbook along with your 50,000 words and have it as memorabilia of our first decade with TFC.

Okay. I'm feeling nostalgic