0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 3 - One for the Finger - TFC @ Vancouver Sat March 18 4pm

Always good times playing Vancouver.

Have at It People!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See all my fellow West Coasters in 218-219 @ BC Place!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Beitashour can return. Would rather not see Endoh defending Davies or Manneh 1v1... And it would be nice if Vanney doesn't try to force Endoh there like when we tried to shoehorn Creavalle into the RB spot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like with the Eddie Johnson beer picture from year 1 @ BMO, the "finger" picture is a classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ousted suspended for this game. Who is there back up Keeper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Ousted suspended for this game. Who is there back up Keeper?
    Paolo Tornaghi
    70Goalkeeper-Cormano, Italy
    HT: 6' 4" WT: 185

Unless they call back up their loaned out keeper... Which is more than likely as he's playing for VWFC2

Spencer Richey
    18Goalkeeper-Seattle, Washington
    HT: 6' 1" WT: 195

LOANED OUT

Last edited by Carter; 03-13-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: updated information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third time's the charm? That's all I've got.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver is playing away at Tigres midweek for CCL. They will be tired. Best chance for 3 pts at Vancouver
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Vancouver is playing away at Tigres midweek for CCL. They will be demoralized from the complete evisceration they are going to recieve. Best chance for 3 pts at Vancouver
    Fixed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver is playing away at Tigres midweek for CCL. They will have played all their starters and then lost the game 3-1 with 2 goals scored against in the last few minutes because that is what Vancouver does. Best chance for 3 pts at Vancouver
    Fixed that Version 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Vancouver moment ever. The stadium was absolutely booming for ten minutes prior to this. I have never seen the air sucked out of a place in such an instant. 30 of us going crazy after 94 minutes of driech football.

https://youtu.be/Cq-8Mfiw69o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Vancouver is playing away at Tigres midweek for CCL. They will be tired and demoralized after been killed in Mx. Easiest match ever for 3 pts at Vancouver.
    Fixed that Version 3.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-13-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Like with the Eddie Johnson beer picture from year 1 @ BMO, the "finger" picture is a classic.
    its the wallpaper on my iPad. What a moment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep hoping to see the playoff TFC team each week but so far they haven't showed up. They looked like it for a small part of the RSL game and then it turned into a pick up soccer game. Philly game they couldn't keep possession and seemed to not be able to create much. I am really surprised we tied. We made Philly look really good and they are not. Really hoping they turn this around this weekend before I start blaming the white jerseys. I know it is only the 3rd game but we have the potential....time to see it. Let's go Reds!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I'd let giovinco rest this week. Have him fresh for home opener. Plus vancouver should be a bit sluggish considering they play today. Dont expect anything less then a win from them on saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    Personally I'd let giovinco rest this week. Have him fresh for home opener. Plus vancouver should be a bit sluggish considering they play today. Dont expect anything less then a win from them on saturday
    The part of me that is excited to attend this game in Vancouver says no way Gio starts, the other part of me that wants to see us as MLS Cup and supporter shield winners says you are right Gio should rest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    No chance Seba plays in vancouver with a leg injury on a plastic pitch.
    plus, i've had a IT band injury, it feels like tendonitis and will bug him the rest of the season. So he may sit out more games due to workload later in the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigers-Caps CCL game on right now on CONCACAF FB page, if you are so inclined to scout the opposition
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring on Saturday. Ousted - kept the score respectable...that is a pretty toothless team. They will be well tired.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think playing midweek should affect their weekend performance unless they picked up injuries. They are pro athletes. They should be able to handle the load fine. I have heard a number of MLS players over the years say they prefer a midweek game versus a full week of practice so not sure there is any advantage. If anything they may be sharper. Who knows....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is a great opportunity for us. With Ousted serving his suspension it gives us a great shot at 3 points. We need to put in a solid 90 minutes. I expect Ricketts to get the start. It is a long season and there is no rush to push Gio back to early, especially with a off week next week. I wonder if either Hamilton or Babouli will make the trip with the team. I'm hoping for a 2-1 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't think playing midweek should affect their weekend performance unless they picked up injuries. They are pro athletes. They should be able to handle the load fine. I have heard a number of MLS players over the years say they prefer a midweek game versus a full week of practice so not sure there is any advantage. If anything they may be sharper. Who knows....
    True, but the game was in Mexico, and they may feel slightly demoralized. Plus, Ousted suspended ...

Seems like if we were going to beat them in BC this game would be one we should do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver is playing away at Tigres midweek for CCL. They will have played all their starters and then lost the game 3-1 with 2 goals scored against in the last few minutes because that is what Vancouver does. Best chance for 3 pts at Vancouver
    Close but now even worse for Vancouver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Close but now even worse for Vancouver.
    I couldn't sleep last night, so I tried watching the game between Van and Tigres. First, and lasting impression: if Vancouver represents MLS on an international stage, it was painfully evident that the league still has a long road ahead to gain respectability. Van was horrid. The TSN bullshit about how Van held the mighty Tigres in the first half was like that Simpsons episode where Homer becomes local boxing king because nobody could knock him out, and he never even threw a punch. It could easily have been 8 -0. The Tigres club is having trouble scoring this season, but had no trouble dominating possession. It was laughable.
    If this is the same Van club TFC faces on Saturday, we should win easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/15...ancouver-clash

Giovinco out. Heading back to Italy for a meeting with his physician, not specifically for his injury. Apparently had it scheduled for the international break regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night, so I tried watching the game between Van and Tigres. First, and lasting impression: if Vancouver represents MLS on an international stage, it was painfully evident that the league still has a long road ahead to gain respectability. Van was horrid. The TSN bullshit about how Van held the mighty Tigres in the first half was like that Simpsons episode where Homer becomes local boxing king because nobody could knock him out, and he never even threw a punch. It could easily have been 8 -0. The Tigres club is having trouble scoring this season, but had no trouble dominating possession. It was laughable.
    If this is the same Van club TFC faces on Saturday, we should win easily.
    Agreed completely. Vancouver was basically shelled for 90 minutes with their sole offensive highlight being Brek Shea diving in the box to try and win a penalty.

If memory serves the average Liga MX Salary is roughly double MLS's. And that doesn't even take into account other compensation measures not reported, which apparently can be significant in Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/15...ancouver-clash

Giovinco out. Heading back to Italy for a meeting with his physician, not specifically for his injury. Apparently had it scheduled for the international break regardless.
    Good, Gio needs to get healthy, and totally agree that TFC forwards are being mauled and nothing from that Fucking Asshole Geiger

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Vancouver looked very weak against Tigres. I watched all of the 2nd half. Tigres obviously had a ton of possession, and a bunch of good chances. One thing was evident: whenever Vancouver got the ball for a moment, the pressure from Tigres to regain possession was immense. And it worked -- Vancouver had no answer.

However the first Tigres goal was an own goal. Tigres seemed to be snake-bitten before that. Also Vancouver actually had a couple of very decent chances to at least nick an away goal near the end, especially after a brutal giveaway by Tigres. Pretty it wasn't, but their plan almost​ worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure Giovinco seeing his doctor in Italy is nothing. I've said that I thought he looked like he was still playing hurt to start this season, like he did at the end of the playoffs last year. Just missing that shiftiness and agility that makes him such a handful.

Maybe I'm paranoid. But is it possible that simple rest and recovery over the off-season didn't fix his issue?