Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just went out for an afternoon trek to tommy thompson park and back home, in time to get settled in and watch the minnesota/atlanta match. it is damn chilly there, and they're in the midst of a snowstorm.

bring on the orange ball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota... they're claiming the wooden spoon by a god damn mile. I'll be surprised if they win even 5 games.

I don't get it, didn't they receive a truckload of allocation like Atlanta? Why haven't they spent it? If you're going to pinch pennies and stay away from DPs fine, but at least use what's available to sign some competent players. Their back line is a complete mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good streams? Using Mobdro to watch via skysports, but it is very choppy.

Montreal use a leaf blower to dry painted lines, Minnesota use one to clear snow from the lines!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota is a shitshow but Atlanta can be pretty scrambled on defense themselves. Still see them fighting for the 5th-6th spots in the East this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow games are such a crapshoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a feeling Atlanta were looking to be a bit better than Minnesota, but not by this margin.

Atlanta is destined for a playoff spot already, while Minnesota are already in a death spiral. Yes I know it's only been two games, but the evidence is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota is still in the NASL as far as I can tell, and with that said I think their NASL team from last year would fare better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hattrick for the guy from Venezuela - who happened to have played in Sweden so knows how to play in these conditions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hattrick for the guy from Venezuela - who happened to have played in Sweden so knows how to play in these conditions.
    He played in Switzerland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really surprised they let Minnesota host a home game in March....Toronto has never even hosted a home game until end of March as far as I can remember. And Minnesota winters on average get more annual snow fall and average quite colder winters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Really surprised they let Minnesota host a home game in March....Toronto has never even hosted a home game until end of March as far as I can remember. And Minnesota winters on average get more annual snow fall and average quite colder winters.
    I was too. Like it or not, there will need to be some geographically determined scheduling, even if that creates some unusually long home/away sequences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic slightly but Since I mentioned Minnesota weather I thot id check what statistics say. Here's the cities in MLS with most annual snowfall:
    (Some teams play outside of the city where stats my change a bit)

1) Montreal 209cm
    2) Salt Lake City 142cm
    3) Minneapolis 137cm (st.paul 128cm)
    4) Denver 136 cm
    5) Toronto 121 cm
    6) Boston 111cm
    7) Chicago 93cm
    8) NY 63cm
    9) Philly 56 cm

just for fun Vancouver average 44cm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here's the colder cities in MLS (I am going by month of March annual average daily low temperature)

1) Montreal -7 (high +3)
    2) Minneapolis -4 (high +5)
    3) Denver -3 (high 12)
    4) Toronto -2 ( high +5)
    Chicago -2 (high +8)
    5) Boston 0 (high +7)
    6) Salk Lake +1 (high +12)
    Philly +1 (high +12)
    7) NY + 2 (high +10)

for fun Vancouver +3 (high +10)

all this said March is a weird month and the difference between end of March can be very different to the beginning of March. Also Northern Cities in America, Canada, and Some Russian cities have some of the fastest changing weather temperatures in the world (most cities in Europe for example can not change 15- over 20 degrees in a matter of 24 hours)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall you'd think a city like Minneapolis/ St. Paul just would play at least the first 3 home games away, and maybe not host the first home until at least the last weekend of March or first weekend of April, like TFC has seemed to always do. That I can remember anyways.

6-1 final loss tho vs Atlanta.....I know snow might make a shit show, but wow! Lol
    Last edited by james; 03-12-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Any good streams? Using Mobdro to watch via skysports, but it is very choppy.

Montreal use a leaf blower to dry painted lines, Minnesota use one to clear snow from the lines!!
    I don't think a "good stream" existed mate given it was a near whiteout at times. I could barely tell the uniforms apart and the ball had a habit of "disappearing". I only knew the fifth Atlanta goal went in by the reaction of the crowd. I might need to consider getting MLS live this season as internet streams have been poor quality this season so far. Many of them without commentary

I think Atlanta might cause a few upsets this season and if their first two games are anything to go by could well make a playoff berth. Bocanegra has done a good job down there. Martino has the credentials to be a successful coach in this league and I like the ways he sets up his sides to push forward and attack. Both Martinez and Almirante look the real deal as DPs and they still have Guzan to cone in between the sticks come summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well must say Atlanta looked good last week too for most of the game, so far this team does not look like your typical expansion team, they have a very Liga Mex look to them actually.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He played in Switzerland
    LOL OK, ESPN blew it then. They said he played in Sweden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I don't get it, didn't they receive a truckload of allocation like Atlanta? Why haven't they spent it? If you're going to pinch pennies and stay away from DPs fine, but at least use what's available to sign some competent players. Their back line is a complete mess.
    They're realizing the main person they brought in to anchor the backline doesn't have the speed or physicality to handle MLS. Minnesota was always build bare bones and expected to shore up weaknesses using the summer transfer window. I don't think they expected to place anywhere but last this year, planning to be much better when they get their new stadium next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I don't think a "good stream" existed mate given it was a near whiteout at times. I could barely tell the uniforms apart and the ball had a habit of "disappearing". I only knew the fifth Atlanta goal went in by the reaction of the crowd. I might need to consider getting MLS live this season as internet streams have been poor quality this season so far. Many of them without commentary

I think Atlanta might cause a few upsets this season and if their first two games are anything to go by could well make a playoff berth. Bocanegra has done a good job down there. Martino has the credentials to be a successful coach in this league and I like the ways he sets up his sides to push forward and attack. Both Martinez and Almirante look the real deal as DPs and they still have Guzan to cone in between the sticks come summer.
    I'm really disappointed in MLS Live this year. I Re-subbed only to find out that all but about 5 TFC games will be blacked out because they will be show on TSN (and bumped by curling. obv.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I use to be able to use my Android box, then sign into the MLS app using my MLS Live credentials. Not anymore. I guess they closed that loop hole. Time for VPN mask.

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm really disappointed in MLS Live this year. I Re-subbed only to find out that all but about 5 TFC games will be blacked out because they will be show on TSN (and bumped by curling. obv.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In equivalent terms: it's only in Markham, Richmond Hill, Mississauga.

Would TFC be successful if the team was playing out of one of these locations? The distance is pretty much the same (between 14-16 miles)
    Actually closer to North York.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but all TFC games will be on TSN (some buried on TSN9 or whatever it goes up to). All games on TSN will be blacked out, so no live TFC on MLSLive. I have not heard if anyone was able to use a VPN this year, as I thought I heard about a crackdown on VPN by MLSLive but cant verify.

https://www.torontofc.ca/schedule
    https://live.mlssoccer.com/support/blackout

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone confirm if the TFC Philly game was really blacked out on MLS Live?

I had first contacted them late January to get confirmation about the blackout rules: no response. Then I sent another message last minute to cancel my renewal. Also no response, and I only noticed this weekend that they ignored the cancellation and deducted the money from my credit card anyway.

Before the Philly game, I logged onto MLS Live, but they no longer seem to have detailed blackout info there. (On the old website, you could click a button on the schedule to see what will be blocked. That doesn't seem to exist anymore.) I watched the Philly game at Shoeless, but afterwards I went home & checked MLS Live again. Blocked games should normally be blocked for 48 hours, but I could start the TFC game on MLS Live immediately afterwards w/o a problem, and w/o a VPN.

I wonder, maybe the blocking isn't working yet, and everything is still available? Reading online (e.g., Big Soccer) it seems that many features of the new MLS Live don't work yet. It would be great if the blocking is also not in place yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG taking trash talk to a whole new level. Good on them for calling out the bullshit diving.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LAGalaxy/...20725747507201

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes diving sucks. But glass houses, rocks etc. ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

I had first contacted them late January to get confirmation about the blackout rules: no response. Then I sent another message last minute to cancel my renewal. Also no response, and I only noticed this weekend that they ignored the cancellation and deducted the money from my credit card anyway.

Before the Philly game, I logged onto MLS Live, but they no longer seem to have detailed blackout info there. (On the old website, you could click a button on the schedule to see what will be blocked. That doesn't seem to exist anymore.) I watched the Philly game at Shoeless, but afterwards I went home & checked MLS Live again. Blocked games should normally be blocked for 48 hours, but I could start the TFC game on MLS Live immediately afterwards w/o a problem, and w/o a VPN.

I wonder, maybe the blocking isn't working yet, and everything is still available? Reading online (e.g., Big Soccer) it seems that many features of the new MLS Live don't work yet. It would be great if the blocking is also not in place yet.
    I just contacted them and got them to issue a refund... I'll consider renewing if and when they have the bugs sorted.