Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost track of ticketing for these things...are these included in this year's SSH package?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    It meant winning the Voyageurs' Cup and being crowned champions of Canada. That's enough for me.

In any case, we are going to win again this year, no playoff needed.
    That's confidence! What if Montreal wins this year then wins the playoff on our home turf? It's happened before, ya know that Montreal qualified for the CCL in our house. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-10-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant that the "big night". Only happens if we lose this years tourney

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I've lost track of ticketing for these things...are these included in this year's SSH package?
    Yes. The Concacaf tickets were, but were refunded since we're not playing any of those games this year.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    You can't be cuptied for a competition you've never played in.

Cruz Azul didn't qualify for the CCL in 16/17 so Vasquez never played in it.
    Ok, to be honest I only threw his name out there because it was on the top of my head.

Maybe I ask it this way: If TFC get into CCL based on the 2016 win, can Will Johnson play for Orlando in the same tournament?

Anyway, maybe it's all moot as I doubt there are many players who played for us last year in the tournament who have moved on (too lazy to look) and probably fewer who have joined but played in their qualifying games last year at their previous club?

It's more of a theoretical exercise at this point. But I would think the cap tie rules should be waived for 2016 participants on principle. Seems wrong that you can be disqualified from playing for your new club two years after you've moved based on the transition tournament structure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Ok, to be honest I only threw his name out there because it was on the top of my head.

Maybe I ask it this way: If TFC get into CCL based on the 2016 win, can Will Johnson play for Orlando in the same tournament?

Anyway, maybe it's all moot as I doubt there are many players who played for us last year in the tournament who have moved on (too lazy to look) and probably fewer who have joined but played in their qualifying games last year at their previous club?

It's more of a theoretical exercise at this point. But I would think the cap tie rules should be waived for 2016 participants on principle. Seems wrong that you can be disqualified from playing for your new club two years after you've moved based on the transition tournament structure.
    You can't be cup tied for participation in the CCL by playing in the Voyageurs Cup. They are two completely different competitions.

Being cup tied for the CCL would be playing in the group stages for say Saprissa then moving to MLS over the offseason to a team still in the CCL knock out stages.

You're wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over thinking things man

EDIT: From CONCACAF itself

Once having been registered on a roster for a club in any stage, a player may not be registered for any other club during the same edition of the competition.
    Bottom of page 17 Link
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 03-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    You're wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over thinking things man
    Or underthinking.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe some of this "changing of the rules" is the CSA getting ready to change the way the Voyageur Cup tournament is organized in future with the possibility of Canadian Premier League teams and teams from other levels being in the competition somehow.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely love that the Canadian Championship like the Canadian version of the FA Cup ... minus 700 teams ��Ahha. I still love it though and want it to continue to grow, I'm excited it's grown and will grow in the next 3-5 yrs, BC just started a league similar to L1O and not to mention with the Canadian Premier League coming around 3-5 yrs it will only expand. Big for football in Canada.