Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be worse tonight, Montreal gave up the equalizer at home in the 94th minute...after being up 2-0...against Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's trade Giovinco for Piatti because right now Giovinco has been useless since the away playoff game versus NYCFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 at the back works fine if your WB's are good enough. Hoping Beitashour is back but if he isn't, I'd prefer Hagglund out there over Endoh. Endoh's passing was atrocious to the point of being non-sensical - on at least 3 occasions he passed weakly and didn't get the ball anywhere near his target. He wasn't doing that last year where he at least got the ball past the first guy. He seems to have lost leg strength. He's had his chance and should have to work his way back in like others did last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Ale Bedoya chirped at Altidore in the post game interviews, something about going down easy in the box. Jozy gave him a piece of his mind on Twitter. That will make for an interesting dynamic at the next USMNT camp.

Update:

Bedoya walked it back on Twitter, said he was quoted out of context, tried to make nice with JA. Uh-huh.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 03-11-2017 at 10:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedoya just tweeted back about it all being good being taken out of context etc. etc. Union fans are livid but then as somebody said to Larson, Philly fans never think the ref makes a good call ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, out of context...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Yeah, out of context...

LOL he states not to have seen it twice in those 10 seconds but then decides to make a judgement anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly needs a better gk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't understand the negativity against Cooper. At first, last year, I wasn't sold on him – thought he flopped around too much and didn't do much, but since the playoffs, and including the last two games, I think he's been excellent. Today especially, he was very good at shielding the ball in the midfield and looking to spring players. Maybe sometimes, as some people have mentioned, his decision-making isn't the best, but I really think he's becoming quite a better player than I would've thought possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh looks clueless out there.
    Continues to get great opportunities but hasn't looked any better than day 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Let's trade Giovinco for Piatti because right now Giovinco has been useless since the away playoff game versus NYCFC.
    I'm saving this just for lulz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times did I read here in the offseason that what we need is an AM? This board was screaming for the Vasquez signing.

We had Oso and Delgado and Chapman available but sitting... and Endoh at wingback.

It's a long season and Morrow and Beits are older guys with a lot of miles. Our lack of depth at winger/wingback will sink the season if one of those two gets hurt for real.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-12-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How many times did I read here in the offseason that what we need is an AM? This board was screaming for the Vasquez signing.

We had Oso and Delgado and Chapman available but sitting... and Endoh at wingback.

It's a long season and Morrow and Beits are older guys with a lot of miles. Our lack of depth at winger/wingback will sink the season if one of those two gets hurt for real.
    I think they tried Endoh and much like Hagglund at RB in Dallas....won't do that again.

Larson seems to think there are other options

As for AM, Vasquez is better then Oso and Chapman but they will get games (Oso did good off the bench last night when he had time and space) and Delgado is now more of a right sided player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Those would be big, big gambles at wingback. Every team will attack that, same as Philly did with Endoh.

It's not good roster construction to have 2-3 MLS caliber midfielders, and no MLS caliber wingers, on the bench. It's made worse when you play 3-5-2.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think they tried Endoh and much like Hagglund at RB in Dallas....won't do that again.

Larson seems to think there are other options

As for AM, Vasquez is better then Oso and Chapman but they will get games (Oso did good off the bench last night when he had time and space) and Delgado is now more of a right sided player.
    If Vanney was showcasing Endoh for a possible trade, it surely backfired last night. That was the worst overall individual display of TFC soccer since Harmse, Ruiz, Lombardo. Can't blame the player for trying, but jeez, how could Vanney not realize ahead of time just how woeful poor Endoh would be in that new position? The guy wasnt good enough to be on the pitch at his normal position since last Summer, how could he magically step into a more difficult role? Good thing the rest of the team played well enough for draw, despite gaving to cover for poor Endoh all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Those would be big, big gambles at wingback. Every team will attack that, same as Philly did with Endoh.

It's not good roster construction to have 2-3 MLS caliber midfielders, and no MLS caliber wingers, on the bench. It's made worse when you play 3-5-2.
    Have to agree, although it seems plenty of MLS teams find wide players on the cheap.

I was a fan of the 3-5-2 last year because it made the best use of the players we had available to us. This year, the right side looks like a bit of a problem... left, we will see. With Morgan and Edwards as backups we might be okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    If Vanney was showcasing Endoh for a possible trade, it surely backfired last night. That was the worst overall individual display of TFC soccer since Harmse, Ruiz, Lombardo. Can't blame the player for trying, but jeez, how could Vanney not realize ahead of time just how woeful poor Endoh would be in that new position? The guy wasnt good enough to be on the pitch at his normal position since last Summer, how could he magically step into a more difficult role? Good thing the rest of the team played well enough for draw, despite gaving to cover for poor Endoh all the time.
    I think sometimes our general manager as a penchant for foreign draft flyers. Endoh, Simonin, Alseth all were fairly low-rated or not at all out of college in terms of their pro prospects.

Endoh's clearly a forward to me, and trying to stretch him into a defensive player is probably wishful thinking. It's not that uncommon when a player is good enough for the very top levels of football for him to be moved because guys that good ARE adjustable, but this isn't the premiership and he's never looked ready as a forward let along wingback.

Mavinga can handle the left side.

Given that he played wingback at Chivas, it makes sense to use Delgado as the backup on the right if we're attacking. He's not going to get forward much, but neither does Beita these days, not compared to Morrow. If we're being more conservative, like on road games, Hagglund would serve better.

I just hope they don't start pushing Edwards out there; not every winger or forward will be a good defender as well at this level (in fact, case in point Vasquez, who didn't pressure the deep ball in on the first goal) and it'll rob his development to be pushed out of position.

I'm really not sure though why Zavaleta hasn't been pressed into duty there; the guy was a forward for most of college and if anyone can convert to defending a lot of movement I'd think it would be him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think sometimes our general manager as a penchant for foreign draft flyers. Endoh, Simonin, Alseth all were fairly low-rated or not at all out of college in terms of their pro prospects.

Endoh's clearly a forward to me, and trying to stretch him into a defensive player is probably wishful thinking. It's not that uncommon when a player is good enough for the very top levels of football for him to be moved because guys that good ARE adjustable, but this isn't the premiership and he's never looked ready as a forward let along wingback.

Given that he played wingback at Chivas, it makes sense to use Delgado as the backup on the right if we're attacking. He's not going to get forward much, but neither does Beita these days, not compared to Morrow. If we're being more conservative, like on road games, Hagglund would serve better.

I just hope they don't start pushing Edwards out there; not every winger or forward will be a good defender as well at this level (in fact, case in point Vasquez, who didn't pressure the deep ball in on the first goal) and it'll rob his development to be pushed out of position.

I'm really not sure though why Zavaleta hasn't been pressed into duty there; the guy was a forward for most of college and if anyone can convert to defending a lot of movement I'd think it would be him.
    Zav is much too slow to play the wing back position unless you want 4 stay at home defenders

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Would it be unwise to move Bradley into a more defensive position, and use Vasquez and possibly Cheyrou in his place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Seba?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is pretty much playing as a covering DM. He started a rush forward yesterday and realised he didn't have midfield support for his backline so went back.

Another option is we could put Cooper into the RWB slot and either Osorio or Delgado into right midfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Any word on Seba?
    Contusion - not the abductor.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/0...match-vs-union

A charley horse

Day to day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much insane panic already. I really hope some of it, like trade Giovinco for Piatti, is just tongue in cheek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Vanney seemed to be well aware of it in his pre-match interview.....pretty much said "Endoh is playing in place of Beitashour.....we'll see how it goes".
    He didn't seem very confident of playing Endoh there, but we're short on the right side.....we'll need to bring in some cover there. But that's on Bez imo....

Not too bothered by the ties.....its not a bad result on the road.
    But with that said, next week is a good opportunity to get a W.....on to Vancouver.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think moving Delgado in is a no-brainer at this point. Good engine, defensively responsible.

It may not work but it's the best alternative IMO. I'd accept it at least. It was hard to watch Endoh on the weekend and not think we could have made a better decision selection wise.