Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feh. Lots to complain about but there were some external factors too (cold, wind, Geiger). If it takes TFC 45 minutes to get active, it's going to be difficult to win these early games.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 03-11-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    You guys are out to lunch if you think a national team Panamanian footballer has no footballing ability.

Give your heads a shake.
    He has ability but I don't like his decision making. More often than not he puts himself in a situation to draw a foul. For the last 10 minutes he was on you could see Geiger had enough of him and wasn't calling anything for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without Giovinco its going to be a very hard season to make the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    We don't even know if he's going to miss next week. Let's not get hysterical.

Besides, we're a playoff team without him now either way. not nearly as good obviously, but a playoff team nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Sincerely hope this is last we see of Endoh this season
    I was shocked to see him in the lineup with better alternatives present! Give Raheem Edwards or Marky Delgado a chance before this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper has poor decision making at times. However his creativity and ability to draw fouls is key for us. I believe the team plays better without seba. They play better all around instead of worrying about pleasing seba and giving him the ball every time. It's a very long season and if we can keep pace throughout the first half of the season and crank it to another level second half we will be in great shape. Just remember getting into the playoffs is the key NOT what # seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    To be honest I thought he was overreacting at first as it seemed to be nothing more than a dead leg. The way he brought his legs together and dropped like a stone suggested to me he was playacting. If it were a serious injury I think he instinctively would have tried to support his weight on his left leg. But hey, i'm no expert. I will say though his body language has been all wrong the first two games and he looks like he doesn't want to be there. He has been very half-hearted in chasing down balls and looks more content to win the foul. I just hope his mind isn't on all that Yuan he turned down in the off season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    We don't even know if he's going to miss next week. Let's not get hysterical.

Besides, we're a playoff team without him now either way. not nearly as good obviously, but a playoff team nonetheless.
    First, and foremost, Seba is the best thing to happen to TFC. However, the team may ultimately play better without him given his recent form (he was invisible before the injury)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff - Rickett's looked great coming in and his speed helped. Jozy beast mode is very good. Irwin more consistent. Mavinga cameo showed he has some wheels. Vasquez shows a lot of potential when/if he gets his fitness up.

One thing about Vazquez - the guy hasn't been in a game since August, except for 10 minutes in a game in early October.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    To be honest I thought he was overreacting at first as it seemed to be nothing more than a dead leg. The way he brought his legs together and dropped like a stone suggested to me he was playacting. If it were a serious injury I think he instinctively would have tried to support his weight on his left leg. But hey, i'm no expert. I will say though his body language has been all wrong the first two games and he looks like he doesn't want to be there. He has been very half-hearted in chasing down balls and looks more content to win the foul. I just hope his mind isn't on all that Yuan he turned down in the off season
    . I think his thoughts have been on the Italian NT and the realization he will not be a member of that team any time soon. Seba played his best TFC soccer when he was still hopeful if that NT call up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd half was much better. We are two games into the new season. We were the better team last week and should won on the road at altitude. Today it took us 45 mins to get going. Last year I think we saw we can organize the back line. We'll be fine. It's wasaaaaay too early to worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good things we saw today IMO...
    Mavinga looked good when he came on.
    Vasquez is progressing..still not there yet but you can see that he will get there.
    Ricketts looked a spark when he came on again - the team picked up after Giovinco went off.

Concerns:
    Endoh is not of sufficient quality to make it at this level yet.
    Cooper is not as impactful a player as Johnson. Vasquez will have to come good to make this mid rebalance worthwhile.
    Second goal was bad Bradley from mid last season.
    Gio and Altidore need to get going. Missed another header ala 10 December - that could have won the game.
    Lastly - Vanney... has to have more flexibility with the formations. That should have been a 4-4-2 or even a 4-5-1 to start the day with Beitashour out. They targeted wee Endoh and it could have cost us the game in the first half...lucky penalty saved us.

On the bright side - I get to see them live next week - yeah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. I think his thoughts have been on the Italian NT and the realization he will not be a member of that team any time soon. Seba played his best TFC soccer when he was still hopeful if that NT call up

He went on a tear last summer after he didn't get called up. He also had 5 goals in 6 playoffs games. Let's not create a narrative over a less than 5 game stretch played over 2 seasons. He'll be fine. We'll all be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sky is falling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the sky is falling
    Easy there chicken little!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, and foremost, Seba is the best thing to happen to TFC. However, the team may ultimately play better without him given his recent form (he was invisible before the injury)
    This was the 5th official game in row (beginning with the 1st leg in Montreal) where Seba played not good at all, ,,,, not better than a player making $1 million per year.
    Given the 2 full months without competition between games 3 and 4 of this stretch, yes, this is a worrying trend already.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-11-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Easy there chicken little!
    jus kidding,,,to much panic so early on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely disagree. He was one of the better players in this match, and draws a lot of fouls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Agreed there, and I have my doubts about Cooper, he has no real footballing ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good stuff - Rickett's looked great coming in and his speed helped. Jozy beast mode is very good. Irwin more consistent. Mavinga cameo showed he has some wheels. Vasquez shows a lot of potential when/if he gets his fitness up.

One thing about Vazquez - the guy hasn't been in a game since August, except for 10 minutes in a game in early October.
    We should expect Vasquez to be 100% fit for the 4th game of the season, which is the home opener.
    But zero excuses there, that he had not enough time to go to full fitness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Completely disagree. He was one of the better players in this match, and draws a lot of fouls.
    Cooper should be getting much more love than he does on this board. He is our midfield engine on the most games.

Vanney needs to encourage Cooper and Vasquez to shoot more to spread the offence around a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 road points .. not bad. Win next week and it's officially a successful road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    We should expect Vasquez to be 100% fit for the 4th game of the season, which is the home opener.
    With Vazquez, I think its more an issue of not being familiar with the system than not being at full fitness. There were several times when he was nowhere to be found, leaving Bradley unable to move the ball through the midfield. He seems to be a guy who likes to roam in a free role; this setup does not give him that ability. Hopefully he can adapt, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a shift in tactics in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    2 road points .. not bad. Win next week and it's officially a successful road trip.
    Agree.
    But draw again next week, and it's just a marginally acceptable road trip with 3 points out of 9 possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are fuked then...
    I don't know, we seemed to have played better in the second half without Giovinco. Ricketts and Altidore seem to click better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I don't know, we seemed to have played better in the second half without Giovinco. Ricketts and Altidore seem to click better.
    True, but I am talking about the real Seba, not the one which showed up in the last 5 official TFC games.
    I suppose he won't play this bad forever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...nah that's unreasonable.

Past history has shown any player with a 6 month layoff before he even trained with a team is going to take AT LEAST 4 games to be match fit and successful.

E.g.

Seba - Dallas game is when he finally found his feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree.
    But draw again next week, and it's just a marginally acceptable road trip with 3 points out of 9 possible.
    I agree that it would be nice to get out of these first 3 games with more. But if you look at them, at altitude week 1 in RSL, bitterly cold night in Philly, playing on turf in Vancouver? 3 points from those games isn't a disaster at all. Even if they lose next week, it would be disappointing yes, but I still think this team has waaaaaay too much quality to be concerned in March.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is still TFC tradition to give up horrific goals just after scoring.

To me Moor hasn't been as convincing as I'm used to. He's been caught 'in between' a lot the first two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was at fault for the second in my opinion. That and playing three at the back. And Endoh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney out!